Liverpool Rollcall

I think the highlights were probably the guitar solo's, spotlighted at the end of a couple of songs. An all-seater venue isn't ideal, but in truth it was the set list which brought down the atmosphere. Omitting "My Skull" said it all.

I thought it was awful and certainly in my worst 3 (From 11)

He just looked like he didn't want to be there, peaked far too early (Charming man, Billy Budd, Ask, HSIN, IBEH and GIAC all in first seven or eight songs. Promising start......The it all fell flat.

The Encore was just a joke

I thought it was awful and certainly in my worst 3 (From 11)

He just looked like he didn't want to be there, peaked far too early (Charming man, Billy Budd, Ask, HSIN, IBEH and GIAC all in first seven or eight songs. Promising start......The it all fell flat.

The Encore was just a joke

thats your opinion, and your allowed to have it, but i have to totally disagree with you, did u not feel the hairs stand up on your neck when he was singing seasick, and to say he didnt want to be there thats not right, from the off he looked like he was enjoyng it, especially during the loop and the encore wanst a joke, even if choice of song could be changed. to say he was obviously ill, and the venue itself, i thought he pulled out a blinder

Like you say everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Stumbling around not singing, missing words and more interested in people trying to scale an eight foot high wall for an encore.....If thats a good encore I'd like to see a bad one. After a shortened set it was very disappointing.

I really am not interested in hearing that he thinks the atmosphere is crap - To be honest from where I was it wasnt too bad at all and most people were getting into it.

Ok he is ill but again I dont need reminding again and again with constant references to antibiotics etc...Its almost like he is pre-empting tonights cancellation

I am glad you and others enjoyed it and I suppose if you have been to a fair few, you will always compare it to better ones in years gone by.

Maybe the sparkle is just wearing off for me

Just back from the Liverpool gig. Morrissey did comment on the lack of atmosphere due to the huge gap for the orchestra pit. I was right at the front.... extreme stage left and saw a tiny gap beside the amps to actually get on to touch his Majesty. During FOTGTD encore Morrissey came over and I shouted to get his attention and slapped the stage to show him the route to make contact, to which he replied "What, me come there??". I saw that as an invitation to get up to him....so I did.....I got onto the barrier...onto the stage....next minute I was flat on my back on the floor! Some stupid beefback bouncer must have grabbed me. Well gutted! After that Morrissey mentioned finally at last the crowd had come alive (or words to that effect).

Oh well...so near.....good night though.

Well done for trying :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom