Live in and work in the UK/Ireland as a EU citizen

sistasheila

tjekket
I am interested in working and living in the Uk for a while..has anybody here experienced that and like to share their experiences here?..would love to hear it.
at the moment i still have to work on my health but im sure next year it will be better.
many questions occur:i have heard its very hard for a non Uk citizen to get a bank account(cause you need bills for electricity before etc-well :its impossible to rent a flat without a bank account -of course..is there any possibilty to shorten the procedure?
even though i do make some mistakes in writing(grammatics) i am postitive about speaking .
i can strike a conversation with a native speaker without too much pauses in search for the right word
i do tend to scotland but heard the job situation isnt that good there...
so london being pretty good in terms of a service /tourist job I guess.
call center as well maybe?
the job centres in the UK arent really a big help in that department i guess?
even though i have a apprenticeship as a saleswoman (in a record store) i rather think about a job which is in the service department (maid), faster + easier to get...

experiences with Uk job centres as well?

Ireland would also be interesting!

thanks

Last edited:
You'll have a heart attack to know the monthly cost of living in London.
Especially since 1997 it's really tough to find a decent cheap accommodation. :(

i know about that would stay in the cheapiest areas there...

I'm bailing out soon....:guitar:you can take my place:thumb:

If you join a bank such as HSBC (if they have them in Germany) it should be easier to get an account over here (I imagine).
Getting electricity etc shouldn't be a problem again if you have a bank account and set up direct debits. They may ask for a deposit upfront but not sure???:confused:
Manchester is a good place to go to.....forget London:barf:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom