Live gigs worth all the Troubles: Concerts by bands like The Smiths helped unite Northern Ireland during dark days of the past, says Joe Lindsay

Belfast Telegraph:

"Live gigs worth all the Troubles: Concerts by bands like The Smiths helped unite Northern Ireland during dark days of the past, says Joe Lindsay" - September 29, 2020

Excerpt:

"Particularly during the bad times here, it lifted you and kept you going. It was a ray of hope that got you out and into town and mixing with people at a time when you might not otherwise have done. It was an escape big-time," he added.

"Going to my first gig to see The Smiths at the Ulster Hall when I was 13, I had never seen anything like it and it absolutely lit me up."

Regards,
FWD.

Belfast Telegraph:

"Live gigs worth all the Troubles: Concerts by bands like The Smiths helped unite Northern Ireland during dark days of the past, says Joe Lindsay" - September 29, 2020

Excerpt:

"Particularly during the bad times here, it lifted you and kept you going. It was a ray of hope that got you out and into town and mixing with people at a time when you might not otherwise have done. It was an escape big-time," he added.

"Going to my first gig to see The Smiths at the Ulster Hall when I was 13, I had never seen anything like it and it absolutely lit me up."

Regards,
FWD.

"We now know that he's a f*****g t**t". Who's we? The same smug consensus crowd doing their bit "in the fight against covid",by wearing a flowery mask to match their nail extensions. #holdfirmpresstitutes, keep repeating the same garbage as if its true . Together we can fighti this. #bulls**t.

Belfast Telegraph:

Excerpt:

Regards,
FWD.

He can protect himself against Morrissey and covid 1984 by pulling his beard over his stupid cancel t**thead.

Its 02:59 and I’ve been asked to leave. Things aren’t what they used to be.

Disgusted of Guide Bridge.
Did we have a good night?? And where were you till 3am ??? In a club in tel Aviv????
Or were you banging on the doors of your local curry house demanding to be served more ale??? I was in bed for 10 pm , hair brushed and parted...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom