Live gigs worth all the Troubles: Concerts by bands like The Smiths helped unite Northern Ireland during dark days of the past, says Joe Lindsay

Belfast Telegraph:

"Live gigs worth all the Troubles: Concerts by bands like The Smiths helped unite Northern Ireland during dark days of the past, says Joe Lindsay" - September 29, 2020

Excerpt:

"Particularly during the bad times here, it lifted you and kept you going. It was a ray of hope that got you out and into town and mixing with people at a time when you might not otherwise have done. It was an escape big-time," he added.

"Going to my first gig to see The Smiths at the Ulster Hall when I was 13, I had never seen anything like it and it absolutely lit me up."

Regards,
FWD.

music and sport can heal most things.

...and thank heavens they broke up - well before Melvis reduces himself into a sludgy, divisive meme. The legacy stands!!!

...and thank heavens they broke up - well before Melvis reduces himself into a sludgy, divisive meme. The legacy stands!!!
You, however, fall flat on your silly face every time you come here. Not that I’m complaining, I enjoy such lighter moments.

see the mods have been up early this morn.
we are the mods
we are we are we are the mods.

see the mods have been up early this morn.
we are the mods
we are we are we are the mods.
They don’t sleep gordy!!!
They are ALWAYS watching....
we’re you on the lash last night???
I’m not bothering today , can’t cope with being shouted at and being told off by the bar staff..... good times for a change

It's depressing how much people go along with the crowd.

I'm never going to wonder how witches got burned because if enough people say you put a spell on a cow that's you charred.

364bf36bb484f713d8a4ea027d570cc4.gif

Joe "I'll attach myself to anything for a headline" Lindsay is perfect for The Sunday Life which is the Northern Ireland equivalent of The Telegraph, commenting on the past to fit himself into a narrative, Northern Ireland is full of media types just like him...he wasn't even a glint in the milkman's eye when The Smiths played Belfast but he has a "valuable" opinion...according to The Sunday Life and himself.

Joe "I'll attach myself to anything for a headline" Lindsay is perfect for The Sunday Life which is the Northern Ireland equivalent of The Telegraph, commenting on the past to fit himself into a narrative, Northern Ireland is full of media types just like him...he wasn't even a glint in the milkman's eye when The Smiths played Belfast but he has a "valuable" opinion...according to The Sunday Life and himself.
Sounds right, to be honest.

All good, I’m in the local listening to Joy Division, presently, and being amazed by Everton’s revival.
Good for you.... yes Everton are doing well, and about time, they have spent the dollars over the last 3-4 years have they not.....
I remember when Carlisle United drew Everton at home in the 3rd round of the FA cup about 4 years back.. Everton donated 50 k to us as we were flooded(again)
Class... I will always remember them for that..... anyhow better get as much down your throat lad, is nearly closing time...

Good for you.... yes Everton are doing well, and about time, they have spent the dollars over the last 3-4 years have they not.....
I remember when Carlisle United drew Everton at home in the 3rd round of the FA cup about 4 years back.. Everton donated 50 k to us as we were flooded(again)
Class... I will always remember them for that..... anyhow better get as much down your throat lad, is nearly closing time...
Thanks for telling us that CB, these are the things ‘we’ don’t Know. Brilliant.
I’m trying to find people who hate Everton, but even The Pool Don’t mind.

And now I have your permission I will enjoy another pint. The fax machine is broken here so Mogsy can no longer regulate.

Thanks for telling us that CB, these are the things ‘we’ don’t Know. Brilliant.
I’m trying to find people who hate Everton, but even The Pool Don’t mind.
I’ve never met anyone who hates Everton, or even have a bad word for them.... I predicted a top 4 position this year.... if they don’t do it this year then they never will....
RE the fax machine problem... I think you and the pool team should annoy everyone and do a rendition of every day is like Sunday...... good luck, it’s in God’s hands now hovis😩😩😩

Attention Carlisle Baz: you only come here when you’re on the sauce?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom