Live cd with greatest hits

I must admit i partly put this request up as a joke because i expected a vitriolic response(to say the leasst) like one of those letters to Capt n Cash in The news of the world that asks for £20 for booze and drugs. But im glad i did and thank you for uploading this as im sure others are (but were of course too scared to ask themselves because of the imagined response.
Viva love Alan

It's not like these songs are new or anything so thats perhaps why you didn't get steamrolled for it, good on ya!

Plus I will only be getting the vinyl if that. Something irks me about handing over money for this album. I have everything he ever di on CD and vinyl btw.

Last edited:
Personally I find this a bit awful...

This is a commercial release which has JUST come out and to see it on a site supporting the very artist is atrocious.

This CD can be bought easily from all sorts of places - online being the most obvious, and anyone making excuses should be ashamed.

Yes we all know this is essentially a money-making excercise for Moz/Decca, but that's the way it goes.

Sharing rare/old stuff is fine, but sharing something that is no more than a few days away via mail order is just stealing.

(and on another note, I can't believe moderators that combine threads at an astonishing rate allow clearly illegal activites to go on right under their noses....:()

Here's the way it is .. Morrissey puts out a greatest hits that has songs I imagine 99% of us have already bought on other albums. There are a few tracks I want from it (I bought All you need, and THPGU thru itunes). So all thats left is the bonus track. I can't buy it in store here in Australia and nor is it availble in itunes Australia, so the only option is to import a CD which I already own every track on for some live b-sides ... may as well just download them for free if possible. It's not like we're gonna download the new able which is a whole cd of unreleased stuff, or not go to his gigs when (if) he tours. So in a small case like this just chill out and let it happen, it annoys the hell out of me when people get on their high horse about this stuff. The above says "money-making excercise for Moz/Decca, but that's the way it goes" ... well sorry just because that's the case doesn't mean you have to buy into it.

Moz himself would be up in arms about this, hell he even wrote a song about it so seriously, just leave it, it's not your problem.

Moz himself would be up in arms about this, hell he even wrote a song about it so seriously, just leave it, it's not your problem.

Apparently the official Morrissey site now links to here, where his commercially available albums are now free to download. If this gets discovered and this wonderful site is closed down, then it's my problem.

There is something gross about his fans being happy to download something for free before the album has even charted.

Here's the way it is .. Morrissey puts out a greatest hits that has songs I imagine 99% of us have already bought on other albums. There are a few tracks I want from it (I bought All you need, and THPGU thru itunes). So all thats left is the bonus track. I can't buy it in store here in Australia and nor is it availble in itunes Australia, so the only option is to import a CD which I already own every track on for some live b-sides ... may as well just download them for free if possible. It's not like we're gonna download the new able which is a whole cd of unreleased stuff, or not go to his gigs when (if) he tours. So in a small case like this just chill out and let it happen, it annoys the hell out of me when people get on their high horse about this stuff. The above says "money-making excercise for Moz/Decca, but that's the way it goes" ... well sorry just because that's the case doesn't mean you have to buy into it.

Abso-f***ing-lutely correct. I used to be the type of person who would not even listen to a new release before I purchased it myself and personally ripped it to my own PC with Exact Audio Copy.

Now that this re-package-with-a-few-mediocre-live-tracks business is going on, OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DOWNLOAD IT. Things are coming out at such a rapid rate lately and with so many redundant releases going out (believe me, people are sitting around a desk arranging it all and deciding upon a way to release it so that people still find it bloody essential), I no longer fall into that trap. Supporting an artist is one thing; being a complete "hyuck-hyuck-sure, big record company, I'll buy this piece of shit and be manipulated by you!" is an entirely different story.

Download to your heart's content. These f***ers will never learn.

Apparently the official Morrissey site now links to here, where his commercially available albums are now free to download. If this gets discovered and this wonderful site is closed down, then it's my problem.

There is something gross about his fans being happy to download something for free before the album has even charted.

Like I say, if we were talking about his album that's coming out in September then I'd agree with you totally. However because this is a greatest hits album, mostly geared towards people who aren't familiar with his work with a few extra bits for long time fans, it's different. Like I say, I bought the 2 new tracks, I already own all the other tracks ... if he and decca made the cd with the bonus cd easy to get in Australia, either by download or in store I'd probably get it, but I'm not gonna go about importing it for a few live tracks, not paying full prices for songs I already own, and 2 tracks I just bought. For those outside of the UK, you might not know but an Australian registered credit card will not work on itunes in the UK store which is only where you can get this stuff, it's not in the Aus one.
Also, so what if it's linked to this site? Moz has been hating on this site for years, now that he decides to allow a link to it this place has to change it's ways? This site did fantastic without an official link, it will continue to do so, and continue to be better than any official site. It's ridiculous to think a Moz greatest hits album would chart well in the first place, it's not our mission or goal to get it charting well .. a brand new album, maybe then yeah.
I own almost everything Morrissey has put out and am quite proud of my little collection, so I don't feel guilty for doing this for once.

Last edited:
lol i think ive heard this before...Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!, Re-master the songs, double-pack with a photograph, Extra Tracks and a series of cancelled london shows. ;) ha ha

Re: Greatest Hits (Bonus Live CD)

Greatest Hits (Bonus Live CD)

Live @ The Hollywood Bowl

01 The Last of the Famous International Playboys
02 The National Front Disco
03 Let Me Kiss You
04 Irish Blood, English Heart
05 I Will See You in Far-off Places
06 First of the Gang to Die
07 I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
08 Life is a Pigsty

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XU3OI5EH

Link by 'MTANTI80'

Enjoy! :)

link doesn't work. could anyone repost?

this is not done, I would be glad if Morrissey's Lawyer track you down
and sue you

f****** idiot, don't you understand you can't post just released material,
especially from Morrissey, if not, leave and never come back , your
not worthy if you don't understand

:mad:

everybody's sick to death of you:sick:

boo hoo.

and if Morrissey's lawyer for whatever reason decided to waste his time tracking me down and suing me for downloading (and not profiting) 8 tracks after years of loyally buying his albums and will continue to do so, then wow he's a wasted lawyer.

is the cd availble in the US? ...

we had situations that were oposite, only USA releases

but we can all go to amazon or other online recordsalecompanies

I read a few days ago, that people in USA had it via that kinda option

but don't switch from the issue, don't make DL availble who're just
released

I can imagine the soloW, with this kinda stupidity:sick:

this is not done, I would be glad if Morrissey's Lawyer track you down
and sue you

f****** idiot, don't you understand you can't post just released material,
especially from Morrissey, if not, leave and never come back , your
not worthy if you don't understand

:mad:

everybody's sick to death of you:sick:

yyyyaaaaawwwwnnnnn for bringing up the lawyers, what a crashing bore you are. Music is there for everybody to enjoy.

And saying that someone is 'worthy' of posting on a message board?
WHO ARE YOU? You don't speak for me.

oh and mind your f*cking languague you f*cking miserable c*nt

Many thanks for this one!

I have of course ordered the double CD but it has not arrived yet. I ordered it right when it was listed, so it was more expensive than it is right now, having heard all of that about that if you don't buy it then blah blah blah, well, someone might be happy about that...

I really like the keyboards on National Front Disco. Nice touch. makes the song standout from Beethoven

Link is fixed...

TALENT BORROWS, GENIUS STEALS :)

yyyyaaaaawwwwnnnnn for bringing up the lawyers, what a crashing bore you are. Music is there for everybody to enjoy.

And saying that someone is 'worthy' of posting on a message board?
WHO ARE YOU? You don't speak for me.

oh and mind your f*cking languague you f*cking miserable c*nt

I wonder what ya all say if David T gets another lettter from Morrissey's
lawyers

I can't understand that with this action you can ruin this beautifull site

why not DL a good bootleg, I bought the 2cd GH, but had the songs
already from other gigs, but I must admit bootlegs can't compete
against official live releases, who are recorded with top material

it's just a matter of , 'I must have it'... well I've been in those situations
in the 2nd part of the 90's... and you just wait 2 or 3 months till you
buy it without starving the next weeks from no money for food

again and again, I can't understand that people who support Morrissey