Live at Earl's Court is ridiculously good

To quote from page 389:

'The Earls Court night becomes a live album, but I hemorrhage rage when I hear a shop bought copy and discover that all of my between-song yatter has been cut out. "It was for your own good," says a sanctimonious Sanctuary voice with all the gentle understanding of a village vicar snipping roses. My stack is blown. Censored by one's own record label!'

I'm on my second reading of his Autobiography. Like his music he just puts it all out there and that's something I love about him. I feel like I know him at least a little. TBH I was expecting to read a lot of passages where he slags off other artists but there's far more self-deprecating passages and LOTS of humility. I mean he isn't the biggest star but he IS LOVED and he knows it and I get the impression he appreciates it. He knows he's got the best fans. He seems to need it. It helps sustain him "in this unhappy world with the carnivores and destructors on it". Damn I wish I would have been a fan 20 years ago. Think of the shows I could have seen.

There's no evidence this happened anyway. And if it actually did I'd say he had no idea, but I highly doubt it did.

I just listened to it again in full on a road trip. His voice was JUST PERFECT this whole gig.

I'm on my second reading of his Autobiography. Like his music he just puts it all out there and that's something I love about him. I feel like I know him at least a little. TBH I was expecting to read a lot of passages where he slags off other artists but there's far more self-deprecating passages and LOTS of humility. I mean he isn't the biggest star but he IS LOVED and he knows it and I get the impression he appreciates it. He knows he's got the best fans. He seems to need it. It helps sustain him "in this unhappy world with the carnivores and destructors on it". Damn I wish I would have been a fan 20 years ago. Think of the shows I could have seen.

He does show more humility thanks he's usually given credit for. The line what a joy I can be to be wrong (a paraphrase )

Back
Top Bottom