"List of the Lost" review on Bookmunch

Re: List of the Lost review on 'Bookmunch'.

This is a pretty fair review, although slightly more forgiving of certain aspects than I would be. Of the few reviews posted here that skew toward the positive, this one seems the least colored by fan bias.

Edit: Actually, make that the Telegraph review. It was critical but in an even-handed way and iirc the writer didn't seem to interject much of an opinion on Morrissey one way or the other. This Bookmunch review is along similar lines, though clearly written by a fan.

Last edited:

This review is written to counter the negative reviews, and possibly to get some attention since it seems to have been a response to the widely publicized "award." And getting attention for your writing is tough, and I don't mean that as a criticism. But as a review I think this suffers from being more of a response to the tidal wave of negativity than a genuinely critical overview.

An anonymous person writes:

New review on book review website - at least 50% positive for a change.

"List of the Lost" review - Bookmunch

Last edited by a moderator:

This review is written to counter the negative reviews, and possibly to get some attention since it seems to have been a response to the widely publicized "award." And getting attention for your writing is tough, and I don't mean that as a criticism. But as a review I think this suffers from being more of a response to the tidal wave of negativity than a genuinely critical overview.

'being more of a response to the tidal wave of negativity'

nothing wrong with that.

I've only been fortunate enough in 2015 to read 2 fine books. List of the Lost by Morrissey and They all love Jack by Bruce Robinson. I hear Danny Dires book has had way better reviews than both of these. Work that one out Forum Embers.

Is Steven still number one for shit shagging writing with this novel ?
He likes a good number one position does our Steven.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom