"List of the Lost" review by Alan Bett (1 / 5 stars) - The Skinny

Peter sends the link:

List of the Lost by Morrissey (1 / 5 stars) - The Skinny
Alan Bett | 26 Oct 2015

Excerpt:

...Working through its 128 pages feels like freefalling through a garbled dream. Time and place remain opaque and characterisation stretches barely beyond names, while single sentences stretch over half pages. Worst of all is a godlike ‘voice of Morrissey’ narration which digresses into diatribes on his favourite subjects – vegetarianism, establishment, monarchy – like a thematic stalker, dragging the reader so far from the narrative path we forget where we were.

after much research here is a list of words/phrases that seem to trigger mozzbot activity:

'giant tuna'
blob
money
quid
pounds
sterling
pesos
dinari
scudi
franc
dollars
$
star
glistening
uncle
skinny
penury
record
contract
review
'vast quantities of food'
tax
haven
benny
lawnmower
johnny
marr
travis
gay***(double alert)
huma
jake
gelato
damon
'slow ticket'
'old trafford'
sauna
democracy
voting
chinese

I suppose all the independent reviews that love the book will also be posted. I've not seen any, nor would I hold my breath for them, but there you are.

I suppose all the independent reviews that love the book will also be posted. I've not seen any, nor would I hold my breath for them, but there you are.

by 'independent reviews that love the book' i assume you are referring to mozbotts. no those should not be posted. only those that have a modicum of objectivity, and anyone that likes the book is lacking such basic qualifications. for 'independent reviews that love the book' i suggest amazon where every positive review is a laughably obvious fake bot review. they are far more entertaining than the book. comparing the mozster to joyce and blake even shakespeare, and mind you this is the worst book ever in the english language.

after much research here is a list of words/phrases that seem to trigger mozzbot activity:

'giant tuna'
blob
money
quid
pounds
sterling
pesos
dinari
scudi
franc
dollars
$
star
glistening
uncle
skinny
penury
record
contract
review
tax
haven
benny
lawnmower
johnny
marr
travis
gay***(double alert)
huma
jake
gelato
damon
'slow ticket'
'old trafford'
sauna
democracy
voting
chinese

Thank you. Finally some information I can use. I'll try to work one into every post from now on.

Find these good press reviews and post them. What's stopping you?

Last edited:
I've got a great life mate. I don't need any 'singer' in it. I'm in the best year of my life, I feel great, I have no worries, no enemies, everything is well with the world. Clearly everything I do and say annoys you. You can't leave me alone. I post elsewhere, you respond. you're obsessed. So why do you do it? Chum? Clearly you have a vicarious need to defend everything Morrissey does, and go in hard against the merest hit of detraction. So - who's obsessed, and why do you feel the need to time after time after time after time post against me, personally? Serious question. Go ahead. Explain why. And I do not walk away because, and you may not believe this, I don't expect you to, I help here and behind the scenes as a service to fans and out of loyalty to David. I see a lot of people like you. People who cannot help but come to this site, because everyone else does. And it creates such an inner conflict - you hate to do it, but feel compelled to. I know where my loyalties lie - with David and with the fans. I do what I do here for no other reason. And if you don't like that, then there's nothing I can say that will convince you otherwise. You have just had the 100% unembellished truth from me. Any argument on that point is useless, because I just said it all.

Explaining is losing.

'giant tuna'
blob
money
quid
pounds
sterling
pesos
dinari
scudi
franc
dollars
$
star
glistening
uncle
skinny
penury
record
contract
review
tax
haven
benny
lawnmower
johnny
marr
travis
gay***(double alert)
huma
jake
gelato
damon
'slow ticket'
'old trafford'
sauna
democracy
voting
chinese

Just a few missing from the list above

Butcher
Barleycorn
Brummie
Boy
CrankFraud
Cheese
Silly
Steven
Martin
Kerrygold (Album and also a type of cheese)

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Because we must*

Just a few missing from the list above

Butcher
Barleycorn
Brummie
Boy
CrankFraud
Cheese
Silly
Steven
Martin
Kerrygold (Album and also a type of cheese)

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Because we must*

a few more to add to the list of the lost:

bald
spot
obama
lima
linguini
cleavage
anal
hefty
husky
'genetic predisposition to fatness no matter how much veggies consumed'
feminine
bowie
'bowling shirts'
bill
'please pay'
'you owe'
'moz can you spare a dime?'
'zero calories but getting fatter what am i to do?'

There's been a reall lack of updates by TTY about the chart position of Stevens novel.
Does anyone know position what it is in the charts this week so I can update my list of the lost sales graph.
Thanks.

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

Oh God, you are still here?

This book is for all open-minded readers. I guess there aren't many in this world. Seems like there is a formula on how to write a book. If you don't follow you are out. Sort of like giving out the same prescription pill for different illness. It just won't work.

a few more to add to the list of the lost:

bald
spot
obama
lima
linguini
cleavage
anal
hefty
husky
'genetic predisposition to fatness no matter how much veggies consumed'
feminine
bowie
'bowling shirts'
bill
'please pay'
'you owe'
'moz can you spare a dime?'
'zero calories but getting fatter what am i to do?'

You are in a need of a brain transplant my "friend"

I've got a great life mate. I don't need any 'singer' in it. I'm in the best year of my life, I feel great, I have no worries, no enemies, everything is well with the world. Clearly everything I do and say annoys you. You can't leave me alone. I post elsewhere, you respond. you're obsessed. So why do you do it? Chum? Clearly you have a vicarious need to defend everything Morrissey does, and go in hard against the merest hit of detraction. So - who's obsessed, and why do you feel the need to time after time after time after time post against me, personally? Serious question. Go ahead. Explain why. And I do not walk away because, and you may not believe this, I don't expect you to, I help here and behind the scenes as a service to fans and out of loyalty to David. I see a lot of people like you. People who cannot help but come to this site, because everyone else does. And it creates such an inner conflict - you hate to do it, but feel compelled to. I know where my loyalties lie - with David and with the fans. I do what I do here for no other reason. And if you don't like that, then there's nothing I can say that will convince you otherwise. You have just had the 100% unembellished truth from me. Any argument on that point is useless, because I just said it all.

All-work.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom