"List of the Lost" enters UK Paperback Fiction charts at #3 - The Times

LIST OF THE LOST:
UK charts at Number 3! GREAT!

times_bestsellers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...I never called you a 'hater' did I ? Anyways... I get all these 'Anonymous' folks mixed up... I don't know why.

no you didnt but im not green either which is what i did think you calling me. it also seemed like in your earlier posts you were equating being green with hating but if im wrong im sorry. no worries or hard feelings or any of that bull i just wanted to make clear that i think that yes some will buy it just as a collectors item but in the end a first time novelist having a number three entry in his home country, sorta these days, is nice to see.

as to skinny i really dont know why he cares about what other people feel enough to constantly want to tell them about themselves. even if they dont admit there manifest feels as he sees it why is it important for him that they do. to go around setting people right about themselves when they do no harm to others and annoyence is not harm. the pointless judgement of strangers is though and is imo

#3 yes, but what are the sales figures? Is today's book chart like today's singles chart, ie you can get the number one spot for sales of 17, 000?

Re: "List of the Lost" enters UK charts at Number 3

Despite what you or others might think, I do not hate Morrissey, I think he has been a genius, but his powers have faded. At the end of the day, he's just a bloke. I wish some people on here could be honest with themselves. And I don't think some will ever be.

Maybe that's what life is...a wink of the eye and winking stars.
- J. Kerouac

xx

- - - Updated - - -

#3 yes, but what are the sales figures? Is today's book chart like today's singles chart, ie you can get the number one spot for sales of 17, 000?

print at least in terms of novels isnt doing as bad as you might believe though im sure its gone down somewhat. the kindle nook stuff isnt taking the place of novels so much as its taking the place of newspapers and magazines and similar publications since most people dont collect them or display them in the same way they do works of fiction. b and n almost died because of there over investment in the nook. the quality of the top fifty works of fiction though is pretty crap and has to have dropped somewhat in sales over time with the rise of visual media and its accessability almost everywhere which is why you see so many top novels selling because of there movie adaptations. be curious to see the sales figures my self and how theyve changed over time but its not quite an equivalent to the sales decline of music since most people who love novels dont want it on a pdf while those who really love music dont mind it being an mp3 since they still hear it the same unlike with novels where people dont wanna read them on a screen. long post short people dont download novels like they do music so the decline in sales isnt the same or for the smae reasons if it has declined

And as a gaze into the dead eyes of this crystal geezer ...polishing my healing missiles... Should I bother
to fire my reply ? .... oops ! too late.

I'm literally bombing FOUR apartments today. Good luck.

Apparently sales figures are impossible to get unless the publisher chooses to release.

based on the first week of release before all the reviews had time to sink in. it will drop like a bomb in the charts next week.

I don't need to repeat what people who are paid to review books think. It is the refuge of the blinkered acolyte to say "I don't care what ALL the critics say, it's what I say that matters", the metacriticism means nothing to them. Heaven forfend that the vast body of critique shatters your image of someone you've so heavily invested in, both emotionally and financially, because after all, you're the fool then, right? You are shown up. Your bubble is burst, and you don't like it. I get that.

Personally, I get that some people like it, and some people don't. I don't care whether you do or not, but is it asking too much for you to actually be honest with your own feelings? I have seen people on here who knew they were going to say it was good, even when they manifestly could tell it was not, just to maintain the integrity of their bubble. That's not honesty, that's blindness. I am saying to you, be honest with yourself. If I thought it was great I would have said so. As would all the critics paid to review books. They didn't. You did. So the question I am asking you is this - are they all wrong, and you right, and if so, for what reasons? Because you can't stand the fact you might not like something, because you are so blinded by adoration that you feel you have to say you like it, or, is everyone else wrong, and you are right? That's why I asked for the links, because I want to see some evidence of this. At the moment, the balance is hugely unfavourable, and I'm asking you to redress it.

Despite what you or others might think, I do not hate Morrissey, I think he has been a genius, but his powers have faded. At the end of the day, he's just a bloke. I wish some people on here could be honest with themselves. And I don't think some will ever be.

You're a good man Skinny. Now I understand. You've been let down.

I don't need to repeat what people who are paid to review books think. It is the refuge of the blinkered acolyte to say "I don't care what ALL the critics say, it's what I say that matters", the metacriticism means nothing to them. Heaven forfend that the vast body of critique shatters your image of someone you've so heavily invested in, both emotionally and financially, because after all, you're the fool then, right? You are shown up. Your bubble is burst, and you don't like it. I get that.

Personally, I get that some people like it, and some people don't. I don't care whether you do or not, but is it asking too much for you to actually be honest with your own feelings? I have seen people on here who knew they were going to say it was good, even when they manifestly could tell it was not, just to maintain the integrity of their bubble. That's not honesty, that's blindness. I am saying to you, be honest with yourself. If I thought it was great I would have said so. As would all the critics paid to review books. They didn't. You did. So the question I am asking you is this - are they all wrong, and you right, and if so, for what reasons? Because you can't stand the fact you might not like something, because you are so blinded by adoration that you feel you have to say you like it, or, is everyone else wrong, and you are right? That's why I asked for the links, because I want to see some evidence of this. At the moment, the balance is hugely unfavourable, and I'm asking you to redress it.

Peter,

I am not sure if you are referring to me specifically or not when you say 'it is the refuge of the blinkered acolyte to say I don't care what ALL the critics say, it's what I say that matters', it would be easy to assume so given that my exact words in another thread were 'who gives a f*** what any critic or casual reviewer thinks?'
Well, if you were referring to that comment, I strongly disagree with you and I stand by what I said.
I have never based a decision on whether I should buy an album, read a book, watch a film or not, on what a reviewer or critic said. Never.
These things are highly subjective, taste is a matter of opinion, there is no right or wrong.
All I was trying to say is that people should read the book and decide for themselves whether they like it / get it or not, what does it mater what Tom, Dick or Harry think?

As for the blind adoration part, I disagree once again. I happen to like the book, some of the topics Morrissey addresses resonate with me. Strongly.
And no, I don't mean his disdain for the Royals or the repetitive complaints against the police or in fact any figure of authority.

I don't like everything Morrissey says or does, and this has increasingly been the case since his return from exile in LA back in 2004.
I do happen to believe that the 7 years spent largely in LA have a lot to answer for the way Morrissey has portrayed himself since the release of YATQ, of course this is just my opinion.
I am not a huge fan of World Peace either, in fact the music on several tracks is not my thing at all, and I know for certain that had it not been for the fact that Morrissey wrote the lyrics and sings these songs I would never have bought such album by any other artist/band.

Back to the book, yes it's clunky at times, yes it's highly unlikely to win any literary awards, and yes it may be despised by one thousand and one critics, but I like it.

If your comment was not addressed directly at me, well never mind, there is no harm in expressing one's views in a little more detail every once in a while.

Marc

Number 3's not too bad, although the first review I read described it as a number 2. Maybe it's not quite as good as the critics are making out.

Peter,

I am not sure if you are referring to me specifically or not when you say 'it is the refuge of the blinkered acolyte to say I don't care what ALL the critics say, it's what I say that matters', it would be easy to assume so given that my exact words in another thread were 'who gives a f*** what any critic or casual reviewer thinks?'
Well, if you were referring to that comment, I strongly disagree with you and I stand by what I said.
I have never based a decision on whether I should buy an album, read a book, watch a film or not, on what a reviewer or critic said. Never.
These things are highly subjective, taste is a matter of opinion, there is no right or wrong.
All I was trying to say is that people should read the book and decide for themselves whether they like it / get it or not, what does it mater what Tom, Dick or Harry think?

As for the blind adoration part, I disagree once again. I happen to like the book, some of the topics Morrissey addresses resonate with me. Strongly.
And no, I don't mean his disdain for the Royals or the repetitive complaints against the police or in fact any figure of authority.

I don't like everything Morrissey says or does, and this has increasingly been the case since his return from exile in LA back in 2004.
I do happen to believe that the 7 years spent largely in LA have a lot to answer for the way Morrissey has portrayed himself since the release of YATQ, of course this is just my opinion.
I am not a huge fan of World Peace either, in fact the music on several tracks is not my thing at all, and I know for certain that had it not been for the fact that Morrissey wrote the lyrics and sings these songs I would never have bought such album by any other artist/band.

Back to the book, yes it's clunky at times, yes it's highly unlikely to win any literary awards, and yes it may be despised by one thousand and one critics, but I like it.

If your comment was not addressed directly at me, well never mind, there is no harm in expressing one's views in a little more detail every once in a while.

Marc

No Marc, I wasn't. At all. I respect honesty, not clouded vision or pretence.

All the best,

Peter

based on the first week of release before all the reviews had time to sink in. it will drop like a bomb in the charts next week.

...do you have by any chance next weeks winning Lotto numbers? I promise not to tell anyone.

Well, I hope I'm in one of those apartments ! ' Life is very long.... ' Oh wait! I live in a hut surrounded by 4 palm trees... yes 4 ! What does it all mean !?

Apts are flats and flats are frats. Fraternal house cleaning ftw!

Don't you have a complicated string instrument to tune?

none of the fake reviews on amazon-probably moz and co and his cult here- can save list of the lost. it will forever live in infamy as the worst book ever written by anybody.

Well, If you get a flat you should always carry a spare apartment, just in case. By the way it's hard to
walk tall when you're frat ... Sorry, couldn't resist.

p.s. All my string instruments are too complicated to tune. Anyways I'm into tuning out, That's why I'm here.

We're Flyting. That's the point of solo, Morrissey is the host of the Flyte because of his cantankerous demeanor bc he was trained by bitches. That's my new theory (rationalization) and I'm sticking with it. Also Sif didn't sit back and let the boys bicker in poetry, she was taking notes and flyting on a grander scale back at the hus. (Shu, conductor of Horus & Set)

We're Flyting. That's the point of solo, Morrissey is the host of the Flyte because of his cantankerous demeanor bc he was trained by bitches. That's my new theory (rationalization) and I'm sticking with it. Also Sif didn't sit back and let the boys bicker in poetry, she was taking notes and flyting on a grander scale back at the hus. (Shu, conductor of Horus & Set)

Stick honey !, STICK. Like Flyte's to ................

none of the fake reviews on amazon-probably moz and co and his cult here- can save list of the lost. it will forever live in infamy as the worst book ever written by anybody.

No, We are here to save you. How does it feel to be saved?

Can you link to them please? Also, is there an on-line link to the Times book chart? Ta.

Why do you need an online link to The Times chart - do you think that someone has photoshopped that picture to put Morrissey into the chart?

Why do you need an online link to The Times chart - do you think that someone has photoshopped that picture to put Morrissey into the chart?

How devious, Wish I thought of that. But why stop at No. 3?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom