"List of the Lost" cover art, press release, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

UPDATE 11:30 AM PT:

charmer posts:

Official "List of the Lost" press release

to be published by Penguin Books on 24 September 2015 at £7.99

Penguin Books is delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of List of the Lost, Morrissey’s extraordinary novel, on 24 September.

‘Beware of the novelist … intimate and indiscreet … pompous, prophetic airs … here is the fact of the fiction … an American tale where, naturally, evil conquers good, and none live happily ever after, for the complicated pangs of the empty experiences of flesh-and-blood human figures are the reasons why nothing can ever be enough. To read a book is to let a root sink down. List of the lost is the reality of what is true battling against what is permitted to be true’ – Morrissey

Morrissey’s record-breaking bestseller, Autobiography, was published by Penguin Classics in October 2013.

Penguin UK have announced the release date (Sept. 24) and revealed the cover art. Still no page on their website for the book or any further information as far as I can tell.

@PenguinUKBooks / Twitter
We're delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of Morrissey's extraordinary novel LIST OF THE LOST - 24 Sep:

listofthelost.jpg

Morran also sends the link:

List of the Lost - true-to-you.net
26 August 2015

Morrissey's novel, List of the Lost, will be available in the UK, New Zealand and Australia on September 24th.
The book will be softcover/paperback only, as published by Penguin Books.

UPDATE 10:15 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted:

Cover star is Earl Young, an athlete from Abilene Christian College.

Olympic Diary: Earl Young won gold in Rome - ACU Today

Earl-Young-Penn-Relays.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

UPDATE 1:42 p.m.: A press release circulating today also has some notes penned by Morrissey, and they read: “Beware of the novelist … intimate and indiscreet … pompous, prophetic airs … here is the fact of the fiction … an American tale where, naturally, evil conquers good, and none live happily ever after, for the complicated pangs of the empty experiences of flesh-and-blood human figures are the reasons why nothing can ever be enough. To read a book is to let a root sink down. List of the lost is the reality of what is true battling against what is permitted to be true”.

http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/08/26...-for-morrisseys-debut-novel-list-of-the-lost/

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/...ut-novel-List-of-the-Lost-revealed/369397.htm

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/morrisseys-debut-novel-cover-and-publication-date-revealed-70463

A bit purple, but the hopelessness makes up for it. I'm game.

Morrissey MUST record the audiobook - he reads as well as he sings.

That cover is all kinds of awesome. I love it.

For what it's worth, I don't think the novel itself is about long or middle distance runners, and that the cover is more of a visual metaphor.

And God bless Morrissey, who has managed to write a blurb without revealing any specifics. I love the intrigue but we're all on the hunt for scraps of information!

I'm really looking forward to reading this... Hopefully I've managed to get through the new Jonathan Franzen before this comes out.

Last edited:
The orange cover is a nod back to the Penguin books livery of the 1970's. Looking at the cover it's hard to judge the size of book in measurements but it could be published in Octavo size. That's what Penguin did really well. Octavo is roughly around the size of a postcard. All the re-prints of Penguin classics have been published in this size. It's a much more appealing size than the standard trade paperback size which publishers now release new paperbacks in first.

128 pages! I'm surprised. I was expecting a few more. Oh, well. All the best novels are relatively slim.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, those are very Morrissey-esque features.

P.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

Oh, come on! You can wait, and you will wait, and you will pre-order, and you will devour, and you (whether you actually enjoy the book or not) will be one of the first to post negative shit on here. You have no life. You have literally nothing to do but loiter on this forum and comment on absolute everything. You are deeply boring. You make no valuable contribution to goings-on here, and I imagine the same is true in your "real" life.

And "Ben/Benny" is a f***ing ridiculous name for a grown man.

Turn your laptop off, make yourself a cheese toastie, have a glass of milk and think about what you're doing. Constantly commenting on the comings and goings of a singer you obviously love, but pretend to hate? What is wrong with you?

Agreed. This guy is such a fool.

- - - Updated - - -

But everyone has a purpose.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

Oh, come on! You can wait, and you will wait, and you will pre-order, and you will devour, and you (whether you actually enjoy the book or not) will be one of the first to post negative shit on here. You have no life. You have literally nothing to do but loiter on this forum and comment on absolute everything. You are deeply boring. You make no valuable contribution to goings-on here, and I imagine the same is true in your "real" life.

And "Ben/Benny" is a f***ing ridiculous name for a grown man.

Turn your laptop off, make yourself a cheese toastie, have a glass of milk and think about what you're doing. Constantly commenting on the comings and goings of a singer you obviously love, but pretend to hate? What is wrong with you?

To sing meat is murder for thirty three years, have venues go meat free, stay in 5* leather and fur clad hotels, easy cheese ! I could go on.
What do you expect ? Am I to bow my head and walk away in silence ?
NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm here and here I'll stay for debunking is all that matters now and I'll debunk Steven to my grave.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

After seeing the artwork and reading some of the plot, I wish this ealier quote were true:

"A tale of hunchbacked hermaphroditic conjoined twins with great hair, who sing sad songs in a seaside sideshow, one of whom decides to get surgically separated against the other's wishes and plays guitar with Modest Moose?"

He already released an autobiography!

Looks a bit too gay for my taste. Wouldn't really want it on my book shelf.

Probably wouldn't fit in with all those Ladybird books you're still struggling with.

I'm surprised no one on here has commented yet that the original image of the athlete crops out two African Americans for the cover.

The novel is about Moz coming out as gay. It has been leaked and reviewed.

well of course, the two black dudes were bleached out. too vulgar. lol too reggae.

namely if the book had been a thousand pages, then thousand page novels have historically been best.

Tags
book morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom