"List of the Lost" audiobook CD - release date changed to June 30, 2016 on Amazon.co.uk

Because the original reader couldn't get over 'bulbous salutation'..

Maybe Morrissey will be doing the audio, he has a really sexy voice and I usually find British accents annoying.

Bummer about the long wait...I wonder what the hold up is?
My wish is for an audiobook CD-signing tour next summer! :guitar:

Because the original reader couldn't get over 'bulbous salutation'..

Why do people find "Bulbous Salutation" so peculiar. Is it going to be a slogan of the 2015? Enough already. He is a writer, any expression he uses is a product of his craft. I find it poetic.

Bummer about the long wait...I wonder what the hold up is?
My wish is for an audiobook CD-signing tour next summer! :guitar:

I'm guessing the hold up is to allow for the laughing fit of the reader to die down as they try to read the sex scene out loud...just gave them an extra few months to make sure

i dont think morrissey would be able to do a reading as hes to self conscious to do a really good job of it though id love him to. i do wonder if the more poetic qualities of the lines will cast different emotive shadows when spoken aloud the way that people find in actual poetry

Why do people find "Bulbous Salutation" so peculiar. Is it going to be a slogan of the 2015? Enough already. He is a writer, any expression he uses is a product of his craft. I find it poetic.

:thumb:

I'm guessing the hold up is to allow for the laughing fit of the reader to die down as they try to read the sex scene out loud...just gave them an extra few months to make sure

I love the way he described that scene. Just from judging by your maturity level and name maybe you didn't understand it because you are a virgin.

I love the way he described that scene. Just from judging by your maturity level and name maybe you didn't understand it because you are a virgin.
No, chances are he didn't understand it because the sex depicted in LOTL is a bizarre, anatomical nightmare unrecognizable as any kind of sexual intercourse familiar to people who aren't totally up Morrissey's central zone.

I actually sort of agree with this, in that I'm also a bit puzzled by the fixation on the descriptions of sex. They're badly written and cringe-inducing, but so are many other parts of the book. They're not even anywhere near the worst thing about it. Furthermore, sex isn't an easy thing to depict well in writing, and Morrissey is not the only person to have written sex badly. He's not even close to being one of the worst offenders, either.

That said, "any expression he uses is a product of his craft" is a meaningless statement that makes no actual point. The words are a product of his craft.....and so what? A performance artist could take a shit in public for an art piece, but simply being "a product of their craft" doesn't make the result inherently good. Similarly, putting words together to form a sentence is not remarkable in and of itself, even when Morrissey is doing the writing. Of course he's free to realize his artistic vision in the way he sees fit, which extends to his word choice and phrasing, but unfettered expression is not necessarily a good or beneficial thing all of the time. It's also not exempt from criticism.

Last edited:
No, chances are he didn't understand it because the sex depicted in LOTL is a bizarre, anatomical nightmare unrecognizable as any kind of sexual intercourse familiar to people who aren't totally up Morrissey's central zone.

I actually sort of agree with this, in that I'm also a bit puzzled by the fixation on the descriptions of sex. They're badly written and cringe-inducing, but so are many other parts of the book. They're not even anywhere near the worst thing about it. Furthermore, sex isn't an easy thing to depict well in writing, and Morrissey is not the only person to have written sex badly. He's no where close to being one of the worst offenders, either.

That said, "any expression he uses is a product of his craft" is a meaningless statement that makes no actual point. The words are a product of his craft.....and so what? A performance artist could take a shit in public for an art piece, but simply being "a product of their craft" doesn't make the result inherently good. Similarly, putting words together to form a sentence is not remarkable in and of itself, even when Morrissey is doing the writing. Of course he's free to realize his artistic vision in the way he sees fit, which extends to his word choice and phrasing, but unfettered expression is not necessarily a good or beneficial thing all of the time. It's also not exempt from criticism.

I understood it. Morrissey is on another level that you or Pokey will not understand. You are reduced to being a critic and nit picking non stop at EVERY THING he does. You are obsesssed with hating on him. Except or move on for god sake

I understood it. Morrissey is on another level that you or Pokey will not understand. You are reduced to being a critic and nit picking non stop at EVERY THING he does. You are obsesssed with hating on him. Except or move on for god sake
Thank you for the greatest laugh I have had in a very long time.

Thank you for the greatest laugh I have had in a very long time.

Morrissey is everything you Will never be, you are probably poor and talentless. I get so tired of people saying the cruelest things about him. what do you do for a living? Let's make fun of you a##hole.

Morrissey is everything you Will never be, you are probably poor and talentless. I get so tired of people saying the cruelest things about him. what do you do for a living? Let's make fun of you a##hole.
I'm afraid you're right. My existence is a meaningless void. I'll never achieve the level of enlightenment and serenity of Obi-Wan Mozobi. I should pack it all in...

Exactly. Some people come here just to put their 2 cents in. The haters and "critics" should just create their own ihatemorrissey.com

:thumb: Honey, It's not even worth trying to make them understand. They like to hide behind a lot of words and 'facts' but they're actually not saying ANYTHING AT ALL. At least when I write, I KNOW I'm not saying anything at all :lbf:... but AT LEAST I'm having a laugh doing it. LONG LIVE MORRISSEY !!! AND LONG LIVE OUR LOVE FOR MORRISSEY !!! that's for the... HATERS !

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're right. My existence is a meaningless void. I'll never achieve the level of enlightenment and serenity of Obi-Wan Mozobi. I should pack it all in...

' I should pack it all in...' Maybe you should.

:thumb: Honey, It's not even worth trying to make them understand. They like to hide behind a lot of words and 'facts' but they're actually not saying ANYTHING AT ALL. At least when I write I KNOW I'm not saying anything at all :lbf:... but AT LEAST I'm having a laugh doing it. LONG LIVE MORRISSEY !!! AND LONG LIVE OUR LOVE FOR MORRISSEY !!! that's for the... HATERS !

Here Here, Long live Morrissey..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom