List of bands/artists that Morrissey hates?

I_Cried

Can anyone send a link or just post a reply where you list all(or atleast some) of the artists that Moz has expressed a dislike towards?

Robert Smith of the cure.

This is not true.
It was NME or some other media created a rumour.
Both parties do not hate each other.

Morrissey publicly slagged off:

Madonna
Kylie Minogue
Michael Bublé
Elton John

Last edited:
This is not true.
It was NME or some other media created a rumour.

Wrong again - Morrissey and Robert Smith publicly slagged each other off many times in their mid-late 80s prime.
Morrissey (quite rightly in my opinion) said that the Cure brought a new dimension to the word 'crap'.
Robert Smith said 'If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I’m going to eat meat; that’s how much I hate Morrissey'.

Recently, they've stopped slagging each off. Morrissey even said something like he thought Smith was at least fairly original. But back in the 80s they couldn't stand each other - not a media rumour at all.

I'v read in one off the leaked NME-letters that he hates Aerosmith and im pretty sure that he doesnt care for a large part off the hardrockbands of that era.

As much as I love listening to the music of The Smiths and Morrissey, I really feel like our Steven has got a patchy taste in music. Hates Kate Bush? KATE BUSH?! At least her tunes are listenable, unlike all that New York Dolls faux-punk-glam shite.

Wrong again - Morrissey and Robert Smith publicly slagged each other off many times in their mid-late 80s prime.
Morrissey (quite rightly in my opinion) said that the Cure brought a new dimension to the word 'crap'.
Robert Smith said 'If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I’m going to eat meat; that’s how much I hate Morrissey'.

Recently, they've stopped slagging each off. Morrissey even said something like he thought Smith was at least fairly original. But back in the 80s they couldn't stand each other - not a media rumour at all.

Sort of. At the show in LA, last year, The Cure was playing the same night, pretty much across the street.
If I'm not crazy, Morrissey said something like "welcome to the brighter side of the street" or something to that effect. I'm not sure if the word "brighter" was used. But something like that. I remember that Morrissey implied that our side of the street was happier or something.

Sort of. At the show in LA, last year, The Cure was playing the same night, pretty much across the street.
If I'm not crazy, Morrissey said something like "welcome to the brighter side of the street" or something to that effect. I'm not sure if the word "brighter" was used. But something like that. I remember that Morrissey implied that our side of the street was happier or something.

I'm particularly fond of Morrissey's comment to the audience when he and Bob Dylan were playing in the same city on the same night: "you made the right choice" (or words to that effect).

Cheeky devil.

I'm particularly fond of Morrissey's comment to the audience when he and Bob Dylan were playing in the same city on the same night: "you made the right choice" (or words to that effect).

Cheeky devil.
I saw Dylan a year or so back and it was a noisy mess. I understand from reviews that 'The Bob' does a decent gig about one in ten.

The Sugarcubes were described as "silly putty", so I would say Morrissey didn't approve of Bjork and the band.

Last edited:
I'm also thinking that there might have been a comment about Travis somewhere along way. Were the band staying in the same hotel as Morrissey? Or was it something about the Travis song "Sing, Sing Sing".

I could be barking up the wrong tree. Woof.

Didn't Morrissey say something like he couldn't stand most of The Beatles material? Although in 'Meetings With Morrissey' he is quoted as saying "Some bits of Sgt. Pepper... I really like 'A Day In The Life', 'Lovely Rita'. Obviously I'm a great Beatles fan."
So I'm baffled!!

P.S *first post so thought I'd say Hi! :)

The whole reggae genre and any lock jawed pop star.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom