Lisbon - Coliseum (Oct. 6, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Certain People I Know / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / One Of Our Own / I'm Not A Man / Hand In Glove / Meat Is Murder / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Lionsy.

Posted by docinwestchester:

Pics from Imagem do Som / Facebook:

lisbon2.jpg

lisbon3.jpg

Link posted by CrystalGeezer (original post):

@Vivahate72 / Twitter:

Err not my photo from tonight! #morrissey

lisbon.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming that you are being serious, you are way out of line: cancer has nothing to do with attitude. Were that so, many hateful people would die young, and many nurturing, loving people would live to a ripe old age. We all know that is not the way of the world. Cancer does not care, nor does it pick and choose.

Also, recent studies show that pessimists actually live longer than optimists, so Morrissey should be fairly well set for a ripe old age:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/pessimists-live-longer-than-optimists-525/?no-ist

As for his book: the manuscript was handed in years ago, probably long before any "scraping" had occurred.

If you are going to continue your assault on Morrissey's popularity, at least stick with a reality-based argument. :)
Can I get an Amen to that? Reality is a stranger to Bartleycorn.

I've also been a pessimist for a very long time.....Don't know how long I'll live but I'm having a damn good time. Yay to that.:guitar:

Assuming that you are being serious, you are way out of line: cancer has nothing to do with attitude. Were that so, many hateful people would die young, and many nurturing, loving people would live to a ripe old age. We all know that is not the way of the world. Cancer does not care, nor does it pick and choose.

Also, recent studies show that pessimists actually live longer than optimists, so Morrissey should be fairly well set for a ripe old age:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/pessimists-live-longer-than-optimists-525/?no-ist

They may live longer because they live less fully--taking precautions and avoiding risks that thrill-seeking optimists take such as driving speed boats and taking drugs.

If you are going to continue your assault on Morrissey's popularity, at least stick with a reality-based argument. :)

Perhaps it's good old fashioned karma. Maybe you can't do as he has done in recent years without paying for it one way or another. The line in the El Mundo interview where he says “I do not hate people, I am a kind and sensitive man" is not only at complete odds with his public persona over the last few years, it smacks of desperation.

As for his popularity, it's all getting a bit Spinal Tap these days.

Putting aside the faux outrage of some here, he patently should make an official statement on this matter. If not the suspicion will remain that it was a comment pulled from nowhere, or simply misinterpreted. If it's true, fine, say so, if it's not the time to clarify (by which I mean blame the interviewer) is now.

They may live longer because they live less fully--taking precautions and avoiding risks that thrill-seeking optimists take such as driving speed boats and taking drugs.

That.....is a silly thing to say.

I dove off the bridge...travelled down river through the jungle in a canoe, caught the worlds biggest catfish....watched the sunset in Key West during the cuban missile crisis ....and I saw Iggy Pop, Warren Zevon and Morrissey Live. Still a pessimist....

Why the hell would I need a speed boat or drugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
How "Kick the bride...." makes the set while "Mountjoy" sits idle is a crime.

thats because Kick the bride is one of the best songs Moz has ever had....mountjoy is great as well but bride steals the show of the new album...

How to Avoid Letting Pessimistic People Get You Down

"In spite of your own sense of balance and optimism about life, hanging around pessimistic people at home, work, school and play can be a real downer after too much exposure. Negative vibes are a sure-fire way to bring about more misery in others and it can be truly energy-sapping trying to deflect the pessimistic outlook. Indeed, it can be worse if you're in a role of encouraging or suggesting ways for the pessimist to see the bright side of life because this can become an ingrained habit in which you feel compelled to make their world a little happier while in turn, they just keep shooting down anything resembling a more positive presentation of life.

When someone is trying to empty your half full glass to one that's half empty, use the tactics suggested in this article to remain optimistic about your own life and not be brought down by someone else's pessimism."

I have an awesome idea, let's talk about the Lisbon show!

I have an awesome idea, let's talk about the Lisbon show!

CG...I've been playing the videos posted here off and on all day....I think we missed a great concert but we got these photos and vids:).

Now if we could just keep Cornpone and Realitystinks on track......

We are waiting for you in Paris, Momo (but please, put another trousers, nom de Dieu !)

That.....is a silly thing to say.

I dove off the bridge...travelled down river through the jungle in a canoe, caught the worlds biggest catfish....watched the sunset in Key West during the cuban missile crisis ....and I saw Iggy Pop, Warren Zevon and Morrissey Live. Still a pessimist....

Why the hell would I need a speed boat or drugs?

Drugs would have allowed you to see X-Men defusing the Cuban Missile Crisis, but probably would not have dulled the pain of Fassbender's accent changing mid sentence.

Perhaps it's good old fashioned karma. Maybe you can't do as he has done in recent years without paying for it one way or another. The line in the El Mundo interview where he says “I do not hate people, I am a kind and sensitive man" is not only at complete odds with his public persona over the last few years, it smacks of desperate.

which was it for your wife? karma or pessimism?

Drugs would have allowed you to see X-Men defusing the Cuban Missile Crisis, but probably would not have dulled the pain of Fassbender's accent changing mid sentence.

Funny, that...True story here, my dad and brothers and I camped out on the beach during this crisis....On the radio Timi Yuro was singing "Make the World Go Away", and I was reading X-Men comics drawn by Kirby in the tent with a flashlight.

Wondering if the world would still be there in the morning.

Anyway as I write this Morrissey is singing "I'm Not A Man"...and here come the screams.....all of this is connected in some way.

CG...I've been playing the videos posted here off and on all day....I think we missed a great concert but we got these photos and vids:).

Now if we could just keep Cornpone and Realitystinks on track......

We? I thought I read the blue rose people were at the show? :straightface:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom