Lisbon - Coliseum (Oct. 6, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Certain People I Know / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / One Of Our Own / I'm Not A Man / Hand In Glove / Meat Is Murder / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Lionsy.

Posted by docinwestchester:

Pics from Imagem do Som / Facebook:

lisbon2.jpg

lisbon3.jpg

Link posted by CrystalGeezer (original post):

@Vivahate72 / Twitter:

Err not my photo from tonight! #morrissey

lisbon.jpg

Last edited:
I cut it off when I copy and pasted it from the other thread >_< Yes, Queen is dead was first. Forgive me I'm an idiot :(

Don't be apologising Lionsy. It was great to get any setlist so soon after the concert. Looked like it was a great night with Moz's voice in top form.

Morrissey looks great. Band sounds tight.
The white Olympic sweats are…interesting.
The all-white & big necklace has a cult leader tinge to it. Then again, he is one!

Last edited:
Overall an entertaining show, just seemed, as expected. that too many new songs were played...

"Asleep" was simply divine!!!! as well has "Hand in glove"..

"One of our own" interesting song...

What can I say. I do no more undertand those ugly trousers Mozz is wearing. Where is our international dandy ?

Well, My name is Paulo and i´m using my wife´s username at Morrissey-solo.
First, thanks Mozz for coming once again to Lisbon (last time 1999)
It was pleasant to see him walking downtown, crossing Chiado, like a normal tourist (we respect his private life outside the stage)
Glad to know that you find Lisbon a “beautiful city” (we´ll try to grab our bottle of ink to paint all the MacDonald’s windows across the city with “SHIT” , like you suggest at the show)
After seeing Mozz live in Madrid, Paris, London (3 times), and Paredes de Coura (Portugal) finally I get the chance to see him at home ( Lisbon – I miss de 1999 show).
Mozz said in an interview that he “didn´t know if people were coming to the show” ( maybe because we was afraid of the last portuguese cancelation at Cascais Festival)
But the Portuguese fans responded and the Lisbon Coliseum was “packed” (very close to sold out). At good Portuguese way people always come in the last minute.
The show was good. Mozz was happy. Great start with “Queen”, “speedway” and “Certain People”. A lot of new songs. Beautiful “Hand in Glove” and a powerful “Meat is Murder” . Finish in apotheoses with “asleep” and a nice version of “first of the gang”.
No stage invasions …….. because it wasn´t necessary, the crowed was very close to stage and every time he wanted he just touch everyone.
Yes mozz, you also have a lot of Portuguese fans, even those like me and me wife that travel to London (with tickets for 3 nights at brixton academy) and you cancel and postponed the shows. No problem. We went back again at the new dates. We went to New York city with tickets to the Madison Square Garden. Once again you cancel due to illness. No Problem. We still listening to your music.
Of course we had tickets to Cascais festival (Portugal) but you cancel again. No problem. We went to Lisbon Coliseum.
Next???? Who knows….
By the way… thank you Mozz for the Brixton cancelation… that 1st night, me and me wife went to the hotel and …. 9 months later our lovely daughter was born ( yes, my wife went pregnant to the postponed dates at Brixton Academy – London, but I think only “certain people I know” understands why).
“Love is a miserable lie”

It was pleasant to see him walking downtown, crossing Chiado, like a normal tourist (we respect his private life outside the stage)
Glad to know that you find Lisbon a “beautiful city” (we´ll try to grab our bottle of ink to paint all the MacDonald’s windows across the city with “SHIT” , like you suggest at the show)
After seeing Mozz live in Madrid, Paris, London (3 times), and Paredes de Coura (Portugal) finally I get the chance to see him at home ( Lisbon – I miss de 1999 show).
Mozz said in an interview that he “didn´t know if people were coming to the show” ( maybe because we was afraid of the last portuguese cancelation at Cascais Festival)
But the Portuguese fans responded and the Lisbon Coliseum was “packed” (very close to sold out). At good Portuguese way people always come in the last minute.
The show was good. Mozz was happy. Great start with “Queen”, “speedway” and “Certain People”. A lot of new songs. Beautiful “Hand in Glove” and a powerful “Meat is Murder” . Finish in apotheoses with “asleep” and a nice version of “first of the gang”.
No stage invasions …….. because it wasn´t necessary, the crowed was very close to stage and every time he wanted he just touch everyone.
Yes mozz, you also have a lot of Portuguese fans, even those like me and me wife that travel to London (with tickets for 3 nights at brixton academy) and you cancel and postponed the shows. No problem. We went back again at the new dates. We went to New York city with tickets to the Madison Square Garden. Once again you cancel due to illness. No Problem. We still listening to your music.
Of course we had tickets to Cascais festival (Portugal) but you cancel again. No problem. We went to Lisbon Coliseum.
Next???? Who knows….
By the way… thank you Mozz for the Brixton cancelation… that 1st night, me and me wife went to the hotel and …. 9 months later our lovely daughter was born ( yes, my wife went pregnant to the postponed dates at Brixton Academy – London, but I think only “certain people I know” understands why).

Thank you for the review! Yes, we love him even when he cancels, but nothing beats the feeling when the man does first walk on that stage. All M fans know the "Yes, it's really happening" feeling. :DGlad you got to experience it last night! And you've pointed out one of the best ways to mourn a cancellation:p

Next???? Who knows….
Next time your buying tickets. Let me know and i'll arrange it so i don't. :lbf:

Er, Yes. When in Sweden he was around walking in town, where it was chilly (like it can be over there) - like where you need to wrap up warm with a coat
and several layers and so on...

He then had to fly.
He then landed in Portugal which is a kinda hot country.

And
1. You all know that when flying ( a heck of a lot of miles) - as they all do - then you ALWAYS have to wear loose fitting clothes. ALWAYS. The miles add up.

2. Who cares. Stop moaning about clothing - I would be wearing ADDIDAS TRACKSUIT BOTTOMS and trainers myself.....but then I don't have to move around
a stage entertaining myself and "fashion duffers" like you.

3. Enjoy - even if you were not there.

My swedish friends have told me that this year the summer never seemed to leave Sweden and that it was very warm when Moz was there. They don't have polar bears walking the streets you know.

from what I am told, my Bullfighter Dies music video is being played before the show?

Yes. Someone recorded the entire 30 minute preshow video. Your video is in part 2 at about 6:15. You can hear the audience cheer during the parts when the bull does some damage to the humans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom