Morrissey Central "LISA MARIE PRESLEY, RIP" (January 13, 2023)

5cbf7cff6fea3006129eca3c8d86504f.jpg

UPDATE Jan.13 3:22AM PT:

Morrissey Central link added to original thread.

Lisa Marie Presley Dead @ 54
Died of Cardiac Arrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Redacted , you were all over myself and others for criticizing the behaviors of the British monarchy after Queen Elizabeth died, on the grounds that you found it in poor taste, since people (on a Morrissey site, of all places) were sensitive and grieving. Why is it now different for you to criticize the dead in the case of Lisa Marie Presley?

No loss, she exposed her children to pedophiles and they were taken from her for a while too. It's hardly a mystery why her son committed suicide. Sorry if that sounds mean, but she had everything handed to her on a silver platter and she still failed her children.
I think you maybe need to redact some of your harsh words there. I agree with most of your posts but Lisa Marie didn't have things easy. Her father dying when she was 9, the media scrutiny all her life, one dipstick husband after another, drugs, her son's suicide etc. And now two 14 year old kids left without a mother. And such a shock after seeing her at the Golden Globes with her poor mother.

So very sad. Someone said she wasn’t steady on her feet at the Golden Globes.

RIP Lisa Marie

RIP. She always just had a sadness about her it seemed, long before her son passed recently. Hopefully now she has found peace.

@Redacted , you were all over myself and others for criticizing the behaviors of the British monarchy after Queen Elizabeth died, on the grounds that you found it in poor taste, since people (on a Morrissey site, of all places) were sensitive and grieving. Why is it now different for you to criticize the dead in the case of Lisa Marie Presley?
because he's a c***!

My sister called to tell me that Lisa Marie Presley died yesterday. I think it`s a pretty sad thing. I feel for the daughters left behind without a mother. I am also an Elvis fan, but I think anyone that goes at 54 is a pretty sad thing. R.I.P. Lisa Marie

My sister called to tell me that Lisa Marie Presley died yesterday. I think it`s a pretty sad thing. I feel for the daughters left behind without a mother. I am also an Elvis fan, but I think anyone that goes at 54 is a pretty sad thing. R.I.P. Lisa Marie
totally agree tibbs,54 is young these days,least she found a bit of happiness in austin butlers performance.

Ah f***. Just like Jeff Beck. Like my point before. There he goes again. A dead star. Meorrissey.

Meorrissey.

Meorrissey.

Any star who dies is related to Meorrissey.

Pathetic c***.

I think you maybe need to redact some of your harsh words there. I agree with most of your posts but Lisa Marie didn't have things easy. Her father dying when she was 9, the media scrutiny all her life, one dipstick husband after another, drugs, her son's suicide etc. And now two 14 year old kids left without a mother. And such a shock after seeing her at the Golden Globes with her poor mother.
I understand what you are saying and I agree my posts are harsh, but the truth is sometimes harsh. A lot of the troubles in her life as an adult were due to her own choices, she chose to live in the public eye, so that would expose her to a lot of media scrutiny given the things she was doing, incl her shock marriage to Michael Jackson. She courted controversy and she got it, and her children paid for it. While I do agree she had challenges, she also had enormous resources and privilege, and I don't mean privilege in the woke way I mean the privilege bestowed upon her just for being born and having Elvis Presley as a father.
There has been a lot of talk lately about 'nepo babies', who are children of celebrities and are only celebrities themselves through their parents' celebrity. They are given movie roles, recording contracts, etc. not because they are talented but because of who they are. There is a whole mythology around this about viewing them differently than they really are, etc. I have always thought Lisa Marie was the poster child for this so I guess that was in the forefront of my mind when I posted.

No loss, she exposed her children to pedophiles and they were taken from her for a while too. It's hardly a mystery why her son committed suicide. Sorry if that sounds mean, but she had everything handed to her on a silver platter and she still failed her children.

I'm not here to complicate any of this, but she was probably not shown the greatest example of 'family' - perhaps her mother was a decent influence in her life, and you most likely know how busy/absent her Dad was. She didn't have much balance in her formative years, and it's real tough to discover that balance as an adult. It's something somebody searches for their whole life, and sometimes you can't even know if you've attained it or not when you finally do.

It's easy to think "oh, they grew up a certain way - with a poor family setting, no normalcy (comparatively), etc, --- but with all the people they've known/watch on TV, internet/stories they've read....they 'should' have an example (or many) to follow". The problem is actually identifying that you are not on the 'best side' of being different and that you may need to change your life --- in order to even see those things as examples to begin with, to actually gain influence from them.

We are the blindest when seeing ourselves. Life is a real B. (for all of us, one way or another).

totally agree tibbs,54 is young these days,least she found a bit of happiness in austin butlers performance.
Yes, she said Austin Butler`s performance in Elvis captured all of her dad`s mannerisms and she was totally pleased with his dedication to the role he played in the movie. She even teared up at the Golden Globes when Austin Butler won the award for best actor.

I'm not here to complicate any of this, but she was probably not shown the greatest example of 'family' - perhaps her mother was a decent influence in her life, and you most likely know how busy/absent her Dad was. She didn't have much balance in her formative years, and it's real tough to discover that balance as an adult. It's something somebody searches for their whole life, and sometimes you can't even know if you've attained it or not when you finally do.

It's easy to think "oh, they grew up a certain way - with a poor family setting, no normalcy (comparatively), etc, --- but with all the people they've known/watch on TV, internet/stories they've read....they 'should' have an example (or many) to follow". The problem is actually identifying that you are not on the 'best side' of being different and that you may need to change your life --- in order to even see those things as examples to begin with, to actually gain influence from them.

We are the blindest when seeing ourselves. Life is a real B. (for all of us, one way or another).
Yah. Her mother had an affair with her karate trainer while Elvis was having affairs, all within a year or two of her birth. Her mother's boyfriend walked into LM's bedroom and exposed himself or tried something inappropriate to the teenage LM. Despite all the money that kind of shit creates ripples that last forever. Kids need a stable safe environment for them to have a proper chance in life. I just feel sorry for her 14 year old twins. History repeats itself. Ad I often do on Moz Solo!

Listening to the excellent Metamatic vinyl LP by John Foxx. What a pick-me-up record.

Ofcourse... she probably thought genetherapie for a mediocre coldvirus was a good idea like many others who died..
Not to start a crazed rant but a lot of people are dying since they got vaxxed. Probably nothing at all to do with it. Maybe we just hear more these days about people who die younger than normally would be the norm than we would have in the past. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I seem to question everything these days cos I have zero faith in governments or so called health 'experts'. It's all about the money money money.

You know that isn’t true??

Just like there is no Pizzagate?

There are no children eating and sacrificing democrats in the USA Congress?

No one is coming for your ugly children?

f***. Idiot.

There has been a lot of talk lately about 'nepo babies', who are children of celebrities and are only celebrities themselves through their parents' celebrity. [... ] There is a whole mythology around this about viewing them differently than they really are, etc.

And all of this could equally be said for the late Queen Elizabeth and the rest of the royals. Is this "rules for thee, but not for me?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom