Morrissey Central "Line Up" - Band line up announced (May 6, 2022)

0-2_copy_20_nssyv8.jpg

The Morrissey band line-up for next week's shows is

Jesse Tobias (guitars),
Alain Whyte (guitars)
Gustavo Manzur (keyboard/guitar),
Brendan Buckley (drums)
Juan Galeano Toro (bass).

Regards,
FWD.

Fair enough, it’s just kind of weird he never made any kind of statement that he was stepping down or retiring from the band. It’s just happened very quietly. Good luck to him, 1991 through 2019 or whatever is a very long time.

See also: Alain in 2004 (as a performer) and 2009 (as a songwriter).

Screenshot_20220506-180609~2.png

Screenshot_20220506-193539~2.png

Tattooed in extreme form!! . In my opinion in bad taste!!!. But the important thing is that the man plays well for Morrissey!!!!!???

Even Man United could field a better line up than this lot.
Jesse "just waiting for the Chili Pepper's call" Tobias disgracing the stage alongside Alain and The Rentals, will surely see a lot of backs as they trawl their way through the set in Pasadena.
Which one is driving the van?

Who’s the old dear on the screen in the background?
Assuming it was a serious question.
Playwright Lillian Hellman.

lillianhellman.jpg

Used as a Vegas backdrop during the performances of Ouija Board...
FWD.

See also: Alain in 2004 (as a performer) and 2009 (as a songwriter).
Yes, but when Alain left the band, wasn’t it announced at the time that he departed due to exhaustion (mental breakdown)? I seem to remember there was some kind of announcement about it?

Yes, but when Alain left the band, wasn’t it announced at the time that he departed due to exhaustion (mental breakdown)? I seem to remember there was some kind of announcement about it?
Fair point - but it originally wasn't couched as a permanent departure. The mentions Boz made on his "Tour Diary" on his old website were later scrubbed so it's sort of nebulous that this was ever "on the record" by Morrissey's standards. He also went out of the way himself to say on True to You that Jesse didn't "replace" Alain - but, more or less, that is is exactly what happened.

And this is not to say that Boz's absence is permanent or that he won't participate in songwriting collaborations or recording sessions. But, past being predictor of present/future, the likelihood is that even if he is departing, we're not likely to be told in any definitive way.

Dang, I miss Solomon. It was cool seeing him back last year. Maybe he'll return for the upcoming Vegas dates in July.

Fair enough, it’s just kind of weird he never made any kind of statement that he was stepping down or retiring from the band. It’s just happened very quietly. Good luck to him, 1991 through 2019 or whatever is a very long time.
But look at Alain and the Walker brothers and Gary Day: they came, they left, they returned and some left again. So yep, Boz is out for now but he probably keeps all options open.
By the way, Portugal is a nice place to live. Madonna has a house there too.

It's long been suggested that Morrissey's band members have signed Non-Disclosure Agreements (at least in recent years), which would make sense, as we never get much in the way of concrete reasons given for various member's comings and goings. And I guess it's none of our business ultimately, so fair enough - it would just be nice to know sometimes if people walked away of their own free will or were given the push.

I have it from a very reliable source (currently in witless protection with a Hamish community) who informs me that the quite subtle (practically invisible) use of the phrase 'Line Up' is guaranteed take it to the bank proof that Elastica are reforming so they can support our Moz. I'm also advised that Justine Frischman will duet on Vaseline with our Moz. The song has extra poignancy as vaseline is exactly what is missing in Jesse's life, hence the grimacing whenever he moves a leg on stage.

p.s. A source at the online printers advises me that Alain's name should be top of the line up list but a virtual misprint fecked it up irrevocably. All printed paper posters will be rectified with Tip-Ex/Whiteout.

Last edited:
The cradle of Latin American rock and Spain is from Argentina npsotros we have the best groups. I didn't like Toro's group very much, but I listened to some songs and in one you can see the "influence" of Babasonicos. If you ask J Tobias or Mando you will have to say that Argentina is the most important thing in Spanish-speaking rock especially in the 70 80's

This seems like something I heard over there.... mmm Nothing new under the sun!!!!

L O L !
Steven and the hired hands (minimum wage, short contracts) on tour.
Keep it up Steve, it’s highly entertaining.
I forwarded your name to Ant and Dec for this years celeb jungle but didn’t have a scooby who you are. (I mentioned The Smiths and they just kept ranting on about Johnny Marr guitar legend)
Theres a record deal out there somewhere Steve. Keep up the good work.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

Back
Top Bottom