Linder on Morrissey in Guardian (18/01/2020)

A very nice interview with Linder Sterling in today’s The Guardian:

How the artist Linder went from Orgasm Addict to Chatsworth House - Observer Design

Excerpt:

She also became known as Morrissey’s muse and went on to photograph him extensively in the early 90s as he toured the US. “We shared the same taste, liked the same books,” she says. “We shared a house for a brief period in Whalley Range – it was a red-light district then.” With his counterintuitive views on the far-right For Britain party, Morrissey is a touchy subject these days, but Linder is loyal. “We’ve always disagreed,” she says. “It’s a healthy disagreement, the sort that comes with unconditional love.”

Just a shame about the unnecessary framing, The Guardian.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it must be devastating to know that, despite all of your sycophantic fandom, some people are closer to 'the source' than you'll ever be.

‘source’ :lbf: you ? :lbf:

You clown, spreading lies.

I'm pretty sure Northern Ireland will prove you can't shift a Scot if they don't want to be shifted. And if our cultures hadn't mixed (albeit violently), I wouldn't exist.
I wouldn't exist if my parents hadn't emigrated to England, but still I understand that mass immigration is a negative thing. I dwell on this subject often. Moz understands this also.

You're trying to be funny, but in the North of England it's actually happened large-scale and it's no laughing matter. The police and social authorities of Manchester, for example have even admitted they turned a blind eye to racist Muslim gang-rape gangs for years for no other reason than they were Pakistani and 'it wouldn't look good'.

It's really not.

There's been invasions, immigration & scandals before.

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

What on earth is she wearing and if that's not being a desperate old cow then nothing is. Maybe someone should slip her a note stating that the singer who used ladies with back slick hair dancing in the background is not in business anymore.

She'd be too fat for that anyway cause that competition was fierce as fook.

‘source’ :lbf: you ? :lbf:

You clown, spreading lies.
Ask yourself why on earth I would feel the need to lie and/or attempt to impress anyone on this forum. But I understand that denial is the first stage of the grieving process, so I'll just let you deal.

She looks like a depressed finnish author who just released a very arty novel called "My mom the mimosa salad".

Culture and art and veganism in one go.

Signed "For Tulip".

Ask yourself why on earth I would feel the need to lie and/or attempt to impress anyone on this forum. But I understand that denial is the first stage of the grieving process, so I'll just let you deal.
Because like all of us, my friend, fantasy gives you a frisson.

Ask yourself why on earth I would feel the need to lie and/or attempt to impress anyone on this forum.

Didn’t say you were trying to impress anyone. But making up shit like that is really not cool.

:handpointdown:

I know the Sterlings and have asked asked what Linder thinks of Morrissey's recent political "awakening" and was told that it is the perpetual, depressing elephant in the room.

And if you were close enough to the Sterlings to ask a question like that, why would you want to go and gossip about it?

‘A bond of trust has been abused’

What's the gossip, that Morrissey's ignorant ramblings make some of his old friends uncomfortable? It's not exactly a worldwide exclusive we're talking about.

What's the gossip, that Morrissey's ignorant ramblings make some of his old friends uncomfortable? It's not exactly a worldwide exclusive we're talking about.

No, your post suggests that every time there are two or more Sterlings in the same room that there is this horrible unspoken topic, or as you would say... ‘the perpetual, depressing elephant in the room’. As if their lives revolved around
what Morrissey’s views are. :rolleyes::lbf:

And you want us to believe that?

and yes....

noun
  1. The definition of a gossip is someone who reveals personal information about others.
https://www.yourdictionary.com/gossip

Referring to whatever it is that churns around that brain of yours as "critical thinking" is a bit too generous. No one is trying to shut anything down, but if you think that your particular brand of stupidity should be immune to criticism, then you should probably run back to one of the other right-wing forums where you get a little pat on the head from your buddies for droning on and on about whatever it is you're upset about.

All your posts are dimwitted sarcasm. I'm not gonna debate or argue with you because my original question was to Nerak and you couldn't help but poke your nose but at least I can speak honestly without having to treat everyone with sarcasm and half baked comebacks. Move on

Cultures don't die, even the Druids made a comeback.

And the 1970s look disgusting to me, but it didn't destroy the Nation. So Grime won't either.

Celtic/Scandinavian Paganism effectively died through the mass immigration/instigation of Catholicism. If England became majority Muslim,,African.. it would no longer be England

No, your post suggests that every time there are two or more Sterlings in the same room that there is this horrible unspoken topic, or as you would say... ‘the perpetual, depressing elephant in the room’. As if their lives revolved around
what Morrissey’s views are. :rolleyes::lbf:

And you want us to believe that?

and yes....

noun
  1. The definition of a gossip is someone who reveals personal information about others.
https://www.yourdictionary.com/gossip
No, dimwit. What my post 'suggests' is that Linder and Morrissey have maintained their nearly-lifelong friendship but his politics are an uncomfortable presence when either he, or the subject of he, comes around. Like a racist uncle running his mouth at the Christmas dinner table, which is either deeply toxic or somewhat benign depending on how sensitive one is feeling.

Celtic/Scandinavian Paganism effectively died through the mass immigration/instigation of Catholicism. If England became majority Muslim,,African.. it would no longer be England

You're really into the whole neo shebang.

Where was Catholicism supposed to mass immigrate from? Catholicistan?

And I too mourn the passing of The Kingdom Of Strathclyde, but somehow the new polities manage to be habitable & occasionally fun.

No, dimwit. What my post 'suggests' is that Linder and Morrissey have maintained their nearly-lifelong friendship but his politics are an uncomfortable presence when either he, or the subject of he, comes around. Like a racist uncle running his mouth at the Christmas dinner table, which is either deeply toxic or somewhat benign depending on how sensitive one is feeling.

Tbh, if I knew him, I'd just make him go to rehab, if I had to lure him there by kidnapping his cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linder and Morrissey have maintained their nearly-lifelong friendship but his politics are an uncomfortable presence when either he, or the subject of he, comes around. Like a racist uncle running his mouth at the Christmas dinner table, which is either deeply toxic or somewhat benign depending on how sensitive one is feeling.

It’s doubtful. And you have no proof to back up that statement.

And if you are having the experience of ‘a racist uncle running his mouth at the Christmas dinner table’ in your family, then you are merely projecting.

It’s doubtful. And you have no proof to back up that statement.

And if you are having the experience of ‘a racist uncle running his mouth at the Christmas dinner table’ in your family, then you are merely projecting.
I don’t have any racist uncles at my dinner table, but that’s neither here nor there. You seem to have a serious reading comprehension issue, but I’m just going to chalk it up to your shock that someone in Morrissey’s life could find his personal politics disdainful and uncomfortable to deal with. Sorry to burst your bubble. They’re still friends, though.

I’m just going to chalk it up to your shock that someone in Morrissey’s life could find his personal politics disdainful and uncomfortable to deal with. Sorry to burst your bubble. They’re still friends, though.

You have no proof that Linder or anyone in the Sterling family feels that way.

Stop projecting.

Back
Top Bottom