Lincoln, NE - Rococo Theatre (May 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / All You Need Is Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

set list provided by dewdrop

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing bad reviews that it was boring and he played only an hour. Someone made him angry interrupting a story? An hour?!

Sounds like it didn't go well. :(

Really starting to think he just actually hates playing ODGWBF.

Two other people said he only played 60 minutes. Around the time he stopped twitter got bombed with an article in Indonesian or something with Morrissey's name in it and it was impossible to search the story so I gave up. Heboh! Whatever the f*** that means.

Two other people said he only played 60 minutes. Around the time he stopped twitter got bombed with an article in Indonesian or something with Morrissey's name in it and it was impossible to search the story so I gave up. Heboh! Whatever the f*** that means.

As far as I can gather from twitter somebody called him boring (?) and he walked. It's not exactly the world's most detail orientated medium--any Moz soloers at the Lincoln, Nebraska show who tell us what really happened?

i was hopeful when he began the show with Hand In Glove.
from there it was going ok until he began to talk about driving from Denver to Lincoln.
someone shouted something which Moz took as "that's boring..."
well, i later spoke to someone standing right next to the person who'd shouted, a Moz superfan.
they actually shouted, "that's a boring drive!"
too late at that point.
Moz let Everyday Is Like Sunday play out without him singing.
it started and...he just let the crowd take it.
mixed results there.
the songs were probably a bit too dirge-like for the crowd.
after the set the house lights came up and the crew started to disassemble the works.
that was it.
no encore.
game over.
kinduva slap in the face to people who'd paid $60 for admission.
i know that this is part of the deal that he is often tempramental.
still, letting a single person put you off your show and use it as a reason to deny a crowd their money's worth?
i definitely won't be bothering with his gigs anymore.
he had already cancelled his Lincoln date in 2012 three times.
we were due to have a helluva show.
no such luck.
i've been a fan of The Smiths and Moz since 1991.
i still have the records but tonight was the end of an era in a sad way.

Sounds like it didn't go well. :(

As far as I can gather from twitter somebody called him boring (?) and he walked. It's not exactly the world's most detail orientated medium--any Moz soloers at the Lincoln, Nebraska show who tell us what really happened?

Yeah, I was there. It was actually a very enthusiastic crowd. He was telling some story about the drive from Denver to Lincoln, NE. Anyone from here knows that it is one of the most scenic-poor long rides you can even imagine. Someone remarked that it was boring. I even nodded my head, b/c I know it is true and that was my first reaction to him saying he drove from Denver. But I believe he interpreted it as someone calling him boring and refused to tell his story. And despite, as I said, some decent enthusiasm, he did not do an encore. It's the first rock show I've ever been to where the artist didn't encore…I don't know that the two facts are related, but if they are, that's a very fortunate misunderstanding for everybody concerned. I thought the show was very enjoyable…lots of new songs (Quarry and after), but I'd assume he was saving a lot of stuff for an encore that never happened.

wow, this tour is rather depressing. Will he even make it to Chicago??

I was there. The voice was outstanding. The band was outstanding. He kept on getting interrupted when speaking about driving thru the stockyards. He kind of spit ar the microphone. ....became less engaged with the audience. ...played about one hour (ish)...walked off stage....no encore.....The band was very together, but they did not look happy....in the form that Morrissey seems hard to work for. Kristen was absolutely fantastic

I for one thought he executed his set perfectly. The setlist was not what I would think was ideal but Moz gave it his all. The tragedy here was the crowd. Given a chance to sing Everyday is Like Sunday, Morrissey got a half , no quarter, no eighth assed effort from the crowd who acted like they didn't even know the lyrics. Nebraska is a well behaved state, but the milquetoast crowd must have discouraged him. Even when we expected an encore, there was no chanting his name, no begging him to come out. This crowd was too entitled if you ask me. He did a great job, and it was awesome to finally see him live. I think the set could have been livelier, but we all knew what was coming. Thank you Morrissey for even coming here. At one time no one would even sniff Lincoln Nebraksa's ass on a tour. Thank you for finally stopping by!

Was really looking forward to this show especially because it had been cancelled twice before. All started well until Moz started telling a story and someone in the crowd said something that pissed him off, apparently he heard the word "boring" and that was it. He wouldn't finish the story and I thought for a minute he was gonna walk off, the band started playing "Everyday Is Like Sunday" and he would not sing it, passing the mic to people in the crowd instead. From then on he kept his back turned to the crowd between songs and we never got another "thank you" no matter how much people applauded. He still performed well but you could tell he just wanted to put Nebraska in the rear view mirror. He played "I know It's Gonna Happen" and walked off and that was it. People were in disbelief that he wasn't coming back for an encore clear up to the point that security started ushering them out. So shame on the jackass who ruined it for the rest of us ("Everyday Is Like Sunday" is my fave Moz song and was really looking forward to "Asleep" in the encore, and I would have loved to hear his stories) but shame on Morrissey too for getting pissed at some jerk and taking it out on the rest of us who were thrilled to be there. And also the Rococo Theater sucks. It might have been fine on the floor but the sound in the balcony was awful and you couldn't see the video screen through the lighting rig. It was much better at the Orpheum in Omaha when Moz played there a few years ago. And any of you people who believe that Morrissey gets upset at security for being too rough on fans that try to get on stage etc. are deluded. I thought they were going to beat the shit out of a guy tonight and Morrissey could have cared less. Still love ya Moz but tonight you kinda screwed us.

He came out in good spirits but he did say he was" tored with bouring." I dont think he was annoyed with anyone saying anything about him being boring. That was early in the set and the crowd just didn't know how to respond to him or his set. Again the worst part was the Everyday is Like Sunday sing a long fail.

Morons who pushed their way to the front and insisted on taking pictures helped kill this great set. Thank you Morrissey for coming to Lincoln but more so for walking out on a sad crowd that let a group of mouth-breathing meat-eaters ruin a solid show.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom