Lincoln, NE - Rococo Theatre (May 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / All You Need Is Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

set list provided by dewdrop

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this discussion hilarious. We all know what we're getting into with him. I'm a little curious how Lawrence went because Lincoln wasn't good.

I'm so surprised that anyone is so worked up over the show. I was there. I paid the money to see him and thought it was great. At least people will have something to bitch about for a while in this boring. (Yes, I said it) overly sensitive town. I'm not quite sure what anyone else expected to experience but I certainly didn't walk away disappointed. Actually, Lincoln has more assholes per capita than any other small town that pretends to be metropolitan city, in America. I agree with his assessment.

Hmmm, Morrissey gets mad at idiot audience, throws hissy fit, and derides previous night audience at next show. Who gives a rats ass about this whiner (or the fans who shell out big bucks to attend this service). Miserable man, miserable fans, and yes, miserable drive from Denver to Lincoln.

I saw the show Monday night. What a disappointment--the audience, not Morrissey! My theory is that he was going to comment on all the nasty feedlots between Denver and Lincoln-am I the only person who notices the cow dung smell in this town--but never got a chance due to being interrupted by the numerous beef-fed Nebraskans at the show--he is a hardcore vegan after all. To put the show in perspective, I also saw Morrissey in 2001 in Washington State and he was very respectful--of course so was the audience at that show

Hmmm, Morrissey gets mad at idiot audience, throws hissy fit, and derides previous night audience at next show. Who gives a rats ass about this whiner (or the fans who shell out big bucks to attend this service). Miserable man, miserable fans, and yes, miserable drive from Denver to Lincoln.

I saw the show Monday night. What a disappointment--the audience, not Morrissey! My theory is that he was going to comment on all the nasty feedlots between Denver and Lincoln-am I the only person who notices the cow dung smell in this town--but never got a chance due to being interrupted by the numerous beef-fed Nebraskans at the show--he is a hardcore vegan after all. To put the show in perspective, I also saw Morrissey in 2001 in Washington State and he was very respectful--of course so was the audience at that show

So much for the new Nebraska State Tourism slogan "Nebraska Nice"???

Here's a thought people-While I do believe that the person was commenting on the drive when they said "boring", and never meant to be disrespectful, how about just being QUIET when he's trying to tell a story? Seems like every show I go to there are always people who think they are so funny or brilliant that they assume everyone else wants to hear what they barf out. I've been to a lot of shows where I've been surprised the performer didn't say f*** it and just walk off. I don't know if some people just can't enjoy themselves unless they're piss drunk or if they were just born blowholes, but it's rude and embarrassing. I seriously was expecting someone to "moo" during the "Meat Is Murder" video. I wouldn't have been a bit surprised. I can't understand why people pay hard earned money to buy a ticket to a show that they supposedly WANT to see and then spend the entire show talking and not paying one bit of attention to the performer. At the Johnny Marr show at the Waiting Room I saw one dude go outside to smoke what seemed like 10 friggin times during Johnny's set. Why even bother going? Save your money and smoke at home. That said I would expect Morrissey to be a little thicker skinned after all these years. It was a shame the way it went downhill because he sounded great. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't do an encore because I think if anyone had tried to get on the stage at that point the security would have kicked the shit out of them. I guess those of us who were there should at least be thankful for what we DID get cuz I guarantee you he ain't ever comin back. And contrary to what a couple of other posters have said I'm pretty sure "Everyday Is Like Sunday" was never meant to be sung by the crowd, so it wasn't an epic fail, it was Morrissey was being a dick.

blaming Lincoln for being disrespectful is like blaming everyone present in the theater in which Abraham Lincoln was shot for his death.
it doesn't really hold up to anything like logic or reality or reason.
of course, Morrissey has zero self-accountability and why should he when his fans give him a pass?
too bad. it is partly why The Smiths ended.
it is why he got crushed in court for royalties owed.
serves him right.
meanwhile, he misunderstood a remark at a rock show (people shout at rock shows...he should know by now that that's part of the deal) and used this as an opportunity to act petulantly, not bothering to thank fans who'd waited nearly two years through two postponements and one cancellation, and lastly not bothering to play an encore.
then he knocks Lincoln in Lawrence?
y'know, if the audience member had shouted,
"Years of Refusal is an unlistenable war crime",
or "the Swords sleeve was heinous",
or "i preferred Certain People I Know when it was called Ride A White Swan by T.Rex",
or "i know that meat is murder but what about wearing leather? isn't that murder, too?",
or "put your shirt back on, it's not 1988 anymore...",
then i might've understood him throwing a tantrum.

I think I am the winner here I am the guy that said the ride from denver was boring. I have that right and the fact that there are not slot of bigger morrissey fans than me. I have spent 3/4 of my life looking at this man as a god and I have realized and I should have realized when he canceled all
Of the shows last year that he is a dick. I love his music and always will, but it will take me awhile to forgive you Jesus.
One rocker I am really impressed with is Johnny Marr, he really puts morrissey to shame. I guess I am glad I only paid 30 bucks for my dance floor tix.

I think I am the winner here I am the guy that said the ride from denver was boring. I have that right and the fact that there are not slot of bigger morrissey fans than me. I have spent 3/4 of my life looking at this man as a god and I have realized and I should have realized when he canceled all
Of the shows last year that he is a dick. I love his music and always will, but it will take me awhile to forgive you Jesus.
One rocker I am really impressed with is Johnny Marr, he really puts morrissey to shame. I guess I am glad I only paid 30 bucks for my dance floor tix.

You are the winner Sir, run free from this false God that you have worshipped the world is yours welcome back.
He's just a performer peddling his pop act like a performing seal, spread the word and eat the flesh.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You are not the winner you are a dick, you should have kept your stupid fat mouth shut while moz was speaking, I bet you would have hollered all through "asleep" if you had the chance, don't they teach you any manners in Nebraska?

I was at the concert and what happened was Moz started to tell a story and someone shouted and interrupted him. That was enough to piss him off. The whole rest of the time his voice was still amazing, but he just didn't respect or act grateful to the crowd at all. The end was the worst. No one even knew the show was winding down or that it was gonna be the last song. In fact, on the last song (I Know it's Going to Happen Someday), he walked off before his band (the sax solo) stopped playing without even a wave or a "thank you". Everyone is in shock and was begging and yelling at him to come back out. Unfortunate he didn't so people started to boo him

I really believe these walk outs are pre-determined. He once walked out of a chicago concert years ago after say..5 songs. We all assumed he was pissed at something but..i really believe it was because he messed up lyrics to songs and was ashamed. (Satin rejected my soul). With that said, i really don't believe the "boring" statement had too much to do with it. Someone yelled out "we love you Morrissey" and he replied "thank you" after all that. I really think we are all just looking for an excuse when in actually..this is what Moz does. I love the reactions outside the venue from folks "are you still a fan?" But most diehards expected it..including myself. I actually told a guy at a lincoln sub-shop before hand that he usually walks out on people and that i was glad that he doesn't do that anymore. (jinxed myself). One guy told me he was glad it ended because the disturbing imagery during "meat.." was making him hungry. lol. Another person said, I don't remember the last time i ever "payed" for a morrissey cd anyway, and after another one of his class acts tonight, he may be oweing me another cd. One thing is for sure, this will be just another Morrissey concert for me to remember for years to come.

I was at that Chicago show when he bombed Satin Rejected My Soul. Reason was stomach flu from what i heard. The previous night at Arrogon he seemed fine.

It is the guy that said the drive from denver was boring, sorry Lincoln. But I am sorry for the Recent status change in the moz tour. I think moz needs to have some tests to determine why he keeps getting sick. I wish you the best to moz and I think your show in Lincoln was great but I will still stick with the fact that the drive from denver is boring. If I ever see you sgain I am going to yell boring drive so you know it is me. Get well
Love you,
Jay bird

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom