Limited to one copy per customer stickers on "TQID" and "Vauxhall" under investigation - Morrissey

:D:D:D
You can't make this stuff up!
Rest easy all of you who wanted ten copies each...
Heads will roll...
40249_sticker_investigation.png

Even HMV are out to get him - heaven forfend!
I will be in the bar...
FWD.

Link posted by an anonymous person:

News from 'Lil Sammy: "Morrissey has confirmed that the Limited To One Copy Per Customer stickers on The Queen Is Dead singles and Vauxhall and I are against his wishes and are not a directive from Warner Music. Why HMV are applying the stickers is under investigation."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
as someone who worked in retail management for a long time,the higer price must have been sold at that price in at least one of their shops in the last 28 days,as this is a brand new product it couldn't have been sold in one of their shops a month ago at that price.maybe the law has changed since I worked in that sector.

The reduced price is only on V&I, which is not a new product.

It's bizarre to have them on the V&I albums.

Not really. People who buy vinyl are key to the future sustainability of record shops, if such a thing is even possible. So, it's important for record shops to give them a good experience. And it's a major bugbear of the vinyl-buying peeps that decent vinyl gets quickly hoovered up by people buying multiple copies just to hang on to and then sell at a markup. The stickers help to stop that from happening, and also let the customers know that the shop is on their side.

V&I seems to be being sold by HMV at a discount currently. They want to give that discount to regular customers, not some guy who turns up and asks to buy a pile of them. His money is the same as anyone else's, of course, but he'll drive the other customers away if they let him.

Not really. People who buy vinyl are key to the future sustainability of record shops, if such a thing is even possible. So, it's important for record shops to give them a good experience. And it's a major bugbear of the vinyl-buying peeps that decent vinyl gets quickly hoovered up by people buying multiple copies just to hang on to and then sell at a markup. The stickers help to stop that from happening, and also let the customers know that the shop is on their side.

V&I seems to be being sold by HMV at a discount currently. They want to give that discount to regular customers, not some guy who turns up and asks to buy a pile of them. His money is the same as anyone else's, of course, but he'll drive the other customers away if they let him.
I just meant because Vauxhall has been out for a year or two. It's pointless applying a one copy only sticker to an old release you can get anywhere today.

Since no one got it thus far I am spelling it out for ya.

Morrissey ordered a limited to one copy per customer cause he feels all his fans are limited.

Some are just a bit challenged with a handicap not belonging on a golf course.

I just meant because Vauxhall has been out for a year or two. It's pointless applying a one copy only sticker to an old release you can get anywhere today.

You can't get it anywhere at that price. All kinds of shops do discounts and put a limit on how much one customer can buy.

i thought someone was saying tqid had a higher price on it.then Vauxhall must have been 19.99 in the last 28 days in at least one of their stores.

Dear Quando, this kind of manipulation of the distribution does not avoid price speculation, the argument given to justify one per consumer. They should know that because they are professionals. Then... what?

Well Moz said it was under investigation, but by who?
BREXIT might be a disadvantage for him now cause EU regulations tend to be more strict in protecting the rights and the intellectual ownership of artists and there was a case for him now until UK voted for BREXIT. Don't know what happens in the meantime until BREXIT is really settled.

And of course he is dealing with Warner, isn't that the biggest record/entertainment company of the planet? They denied, so HMV seems to be responsible.
I guess it wiil be a storm in a teacup.

Any chance that could be the last time someone quotes that bloody song every time there's a reissue.
I am not making any promises cause all his lyrics seem to be made to use as comment for almost anything out there.

He made fun of The Rolling Stones too and then he became them. He was just a bit jealous way back.

And just who is going to be doing this "investigation"? Maybe when Robert Mueller is finished looking into the Trump / Russia business, he can tackle the REAL problems this world is facing...

And just who is going to be doing this "investigation"? Maybe when Robert Mueller is finished looking into the Trump / Russia business, he can tackle the REAL problems this world is facing...

Yes, I agree, who?
About by tackling the REAL problems the world is facing, he will fall straight on his face in doing so.
Like all the rest.
I sometimes sense a secret wish in myself to start reducing those REAL problems of the world by denying or minimize their importance. Remove the redundancies.

Everything is being "problemized"in our current world.
That is one more problem.
First thing by handling problems should be, I'd say, find the answer to the question, is it really a problem?
Thinking about politicians, people with power, media and the press all using " the create a problem routine" for their own interest and earning a living with it.

There are people who believe this is true (morrissey's belief). Morrissey uses words like trump, it doesn't have to be the truth, only what he wants people to believe. It's weird he doesn't even know, he is exactly like trump.

A better way of protecting true regular customers when there's a close shop/customer relationship is allowing regular customers to pre-order the projected vinyls when they visit the shop before the release, and reserving the item for them let's say for 48 hs or even more time. This could be done only with regular customers and would be useful to know the interest of people on the projected release.

Well Moz said it was under investigation, but by who?
BREXIT might be a disadvantage for him now cause EU regulations tend to be more strict in protecting the rights and the intellectual ownership of artists and there was a case for him now until UK voted for BREXIT. Don't know what happens in the meantime until BREXIT is really settled.

And of course he is dealing with Warner, isn't that the biggest record/entertainment company of the planet? They denied, so HMV seems to be responsible.
I guess it wiil be a storm in a teacup.
John_McQuade_Charlie_Wild%2C_Private_Detective_1951.JPG

This guy is on the case. I didn't get his name.

There are people who believe this is true (morrissey's belief). Morrissey uses words like trump, it doesn't have to be the truth, only what he wants people to believe. It's weird he doesn't even know, he is exactly like trump.
Alexis_colby.jpg

"I find you amusing. Mildly."

'he is exactly like trump.' ?

'exactly' ?

:rofl:

o_O uh, o.k.

'he is exactly like trump.' ?

'exactly' ?

:rofl:

o_O uh, o.k.

Hey, but trump won the presidency, so maybe morrissey will get the same kind of support.

Didn't Hatful of Hollow have a pay no more than £4.99 sticker back in the day? Moz you've been stiffed, again. Hope he gets a grip back on reality rather than rummaging about record stores looking at pointless reissues of his own work and moaning about stickers.
Window-licker springs to mind

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom