Limited to one copy per customer stickers on "TQID" and "Vauxhall" under investigation - Morrissey

:D:D:D
You can't make this stuff up!
Rest easy all of you who wanted ten copies each...
Heads will roll...
40249_sticker_investigation.png

Even HMV are out to get him - heaven forfend!
I will be in the bar...
FWD.

Link posted by an anonymous person:

News from 'Lil Sammy: "Morrissey has confirmed that the Limited To One Copy Per Customer stickers on The Queen Is Dead singles and Vauxhall and I are against his wishes and are not a directive from Warner Music. Why HMV are applying the stickers is under investigation."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
News from 'Lil Sammy: "Morrissey has confirmed that the Limited To One Copy Per Customer stickers on The Queen Is Dead singles and Vauxhall and I are against his wishes and are not a directive from Warner Music. Why HMV are applying the stickers is under investigation."

:D:D:D
You can't make this stuff up!
Rest easy all of you who wanted ten copies each...
Heads will roll...
View attachment 41745
Even HMV are out to get him - heaven forfend!
I will be in the bar...
FWD.

Because in a London traumatised by Grenfell Tower, everybody really gives a fcUK that Morrissey f***** fans can't buy shed-loads of the old queen's re-issue/re-package crap. Investigation? By who? What a total WANKER! Da fecking ting's on Sale already? reduced from £19.99? What arsehole would pay more than £1.99 for this bollocks?

Suck my dick, Morrissey ya snivelling little bitch troll fake-FAIL of a *pop star*

*as you were*

BB

• News from 'Lil Sammy: "Morrissey has confirmed that the Limited To One Copy Per Customer stickers on The Queen Is Dead singles and Vauxhall and I are against his wishes and are not a directive from Warner Music. Why HMV are applying the stickers is under investigation."

Wait...did I miss something?? Was 'Vauxhall and I' repressed on gold vinyl again? Or is it just old stock? ...is it available anywhere else? I'm in Berlin, if anybody in the UK could pick me up a copy would be awesome!

Wait...did I miss something?? Was 'Vauxhall and I' repressed on gold vinyl again? Or is it just old stock? ...is it available anywhere else? I'm in Berlin, if anybody in the UK could pick me up a copy would be awesome!
HMV are selling Smiths and Moz vinyl (plain black stock) as part of their sale.
Regards,
FWD.
This one:
http://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/vauxhall-and-i
Ignore 'sold out' it's in practically every store.

Because in a London traumatised by Grenfell Tower, everybody really gives a fcUK that Morrissey f***** fans can't buy shed-loads of the old queen's re-issue/re-package crap. Investigation? By who? What a total WANKER! Da fecking ting's on Sale already? reduced from £19.99? What arsehole would pay more than £1.99 for this bollocks?

Suck my dick, Morrissey ya snivelling little bitch troll fake-FAIL of a *pop star*

*as you were*

BB

Is that an invitation? Or what?
If that is what you really want, I am surprised you use that direct language to him.
I think he hates the direct approach. He said so.
I don't blame him.

"Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra track (and a tacky badge) "

Oh dear, he became a parody of himself.

This is huge - anyone know which investigator is on the case? Poirot? Kojak? Cagney & Lacey?

I don't understand the marketing idea behind the "was 19.99" and "now 12.99" price in the sticker photographed here (if it belongs to TQID). That explicit devaluation of price cheapens the material. I would add that it makes so in a totally unnecessary way, contradicting the notion of highly demanded material transmitted by the legend "limited to one per custumer".

#PeopleARECrazy

I don't understand the marketing idea behind the "was 19.99" and "now 12.99" price in the sticker photographed here (if it belongs to TQID). That explicit devaluation of price cheapens the material. I would add that it makes so in a totally unnecessary way, contradicting the notion of highly demanded material transmitted by the legend "limited to one per custumer".

#PeopleARECrazy

Could be advertising a limited time sale which could justify the one per customer policy

This was pretty funny. Please would someone get to the bottom of this travesty.

Oh by the way, the record shop can put whatever sticker they want on it, I mean they can mark it with the price sticker. Please investigate that one to. All my collectibles got those darn price stickers on them,

This was pretty funny. Please would someone get to the bottom of this travesty.

Oh by the way, the record shop can put whatever sticker they want on it, I mean they can mark it with the price sticker. Please investigate that one to. All my collectibles got those darn price stickers on them,

I am afraid or amused, don't know what to choose, there is no bottom. We'll all be dust by then.
Don't remove the price stickers or any other stickers.
It will damage the vintage original status.
On the other hand, without them could mean they are more unique and so more valuable?
You will have to buy all your collectibles again without the stickers.
Enough is too much.

Could be advertising a limited time sale which could justify the one per customer policy

Do you mean the marketing strategy is based on people's belief that the store price will be increased in a given time after the release when people will be allowed to buy more than one piece? Is that usual in UK market? Is it legitimate that way of manipulation of consumers? Is it fair trade? It's like they want to flatten the initial amount of sales with "one per customer", but not the overall sales.
Do those proceedings damage the image of the artists considering the impact the sales at a given time have in the best-selling lists? I mean, if they delay the sales translating the intention of buying a good to a later time as in this "one per customer" politics, they are manipulating in very direct way the list of the best-sellings. Why would a company do this kind of operation? Maybe because they don't want to damage the image of other artists with whom they have an actual agreement? Who knows?? :rolleyes:
Life is a mystery!

Do you mean the marketing strategy is based on people's belief that the store price will be increased in a given time after the release when people will be allowed to buy more than one piece? Is that usual in UK market? Is it legitimate that way of manipulation of consumers? Is it fair trade? It's like they want to flatten the initial amount of sales with "one per customer", but not the overall sales.
Do those proceedings damage the image of the artists considering the impact the sales at a given time have in the best-selling lists? I mean, if they delay the sales translating the intention of buying a good to a later time as in this "one per customer" politics, they are manipulating in very direct way the list of the best-sellings. Why would a company do this kind of operation? Maybe because they don't want to damage the image of other artists with whom they have an actual agreement? Who knows?? :rolleyes:
Life is a mystery!

Maybe you are looking to deep into it countthree.
I don't know of course but maybe Moz thinks we are all crazy.
He doesn't care that much if a reissue of a song that has already a number of versions in different formats gives him some more money. There is a demand and he supplies.
It will be interesting to see how the official releases will be of the supposedly new album.
That is another story.

Maybe you are looking to deep into it countthree.
I don't know of course but maybe Moz thinks we are all crazy.
He doesn't care that much if a reissue of a song that has already a number of versions in different formats gives him some more money. There is a demand and he supplies.
It will be interesting to see how the official releases will be of the supposedly new album.
That is another story.

Dear Quando, this kind of manipulation of the distribution does not avoid price speculation, the argument given to justify one per consumer. They should know that because they are professionals. Then... what?

What everyone is just completely ignoring is that the Queen didn't have the decency to just keel over like she was supposed to when Morrissey and co. put together this release. How RUDE!
What is he to release now to cash in when the big day finally arrives? A reissued Roy's Keen?

Surely the one copy per customer has increased sales (a majority might have ended up on EBay), but would said scalpers have bothered to visit HMV and buy and list copies if there were no limit?
I'd imagine they'd be plenty of copies left on the shelves should this be the case

as someone who worked in retail management for a long time,the higer price must have been sold at that price in at least one of their shops in the last 28 days,as this is a brand new product it couldn't have been sold in one of their shops a month ago at that price.maybe the law has changed since I worked in that sector.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom