Lima - Parque de la Exposición (Dec. 19, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / El Cóndor Pasa / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / This Charming Man / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Staircase At The University / The Bullfighter Dies / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Jack The Ripper / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
setlist -

Suedehead
Alma Matters
Ganglord
Kiss Me A Lot
World Peace is None of Your Business
Earth is the Loneliest Planet of all
One Of Our Own
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
I Will See You In Far Off Places
To Give(Is The Reason I Live)
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
How Soon is Now?
Let Me Kiss You
The Bullfighter Dies
Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
Meat is Murder
What She Said
-------
The Queen is Dead

El Cóndor Pasa (Simon & Garfunkel Cover)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm utterly thrilled that Morrissey and Disturbed have both treated the world to their versions of a Simon and Garfunkel classic recently. Utterly.

That crowd sounded bonkers.

Oh and Jesse should have a party and invite his pants down.

Morrissey's always been good about studying the countries he plays in and sometimes singing their songs to them, I think it's one of his most endearing qualities.

kind of hypocritical of moz to even play peru, with all the bullfighting going on there but he wont play canada?
that a pretty bad version of el condor pasa if i say so myself.

Yma Súmac 'El Condor Paso

"Yma Súmac, was a
Peruvian-American soprano. In the 1950s, she was one of the most famous proponents of exotica music. Sumac became an international success based on her extreme vocal range, which was said to be "well over five octaves "Zoila Augusta Emperatriz Chávarri del Castillo was born on either September 13, 1922,or September 10, 1923, most likely in Callao, a seacoast city in Peru. Her parents were Sixto Chávarri and Emilia Castillo. Her father was born in Cajamarca and her mother was born in Pallasca. Stories published in the 1950s claimed that she was an Incan princess, directly descended from Atahualpa. The government of Peru in 1946 formally supported her claim to be descended from Atahualpa, the last Incan emperor".

In 1954, classical composer
Virgil Thomson described Sumac's voice as "very low and warm, very high and birdlike", noting that her range "is very close to five octaves, but is in no way inhuman or outlandish in sound".[SUP][8][/SUP] In 2012, audio recording restoration expert John H. Haley favorably compared Súmac's tone to opera singers Isabella Colbran, Maria Malibran and Pauline Viardot. He described Súmac's voice as not having the "bright penetrating peal of a true coloratura soprano", but having in its place "an alluring sweet darkness ... virtually unique in our time"

"Yma Sumac died on November 1, 2008 at an assisted-living home in Los Angeles, California, nine months after being diagnosed with colon cancer. She was interred at the Hollywood Forever in Hollywood in the "Sanctuary of Memories" section."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yma_Sumac

"my life is opera....."

The Archivist

.cc "BrummieBoy"

Alma's Mattress?

It has to be very comfortable :D

A typo drives out another typo, Marred :)

- - - Updated - - -

Jack the Unzipper :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom