Lima - Anfiteatro del Parque de la Exposición (Nov. 27, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Break Up The Family / Spent The Day In Bed / Life Is A Pigsty / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by synthpop radio

• Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse - Morrissey Central (28th Nov.)
  • Full gig on synthpop radio / Facebook. Link posted by an anonymous person.

• Photo posted by NealCassidy:

45105_324F1B7A-BDD3-41FE-B6CD-A8C4E612A45F.jpeg

Last edited:
Meat is Murder with the vid needs to be on the set list when the California Son is playing in Mexico.
Meat is Murder and November Spawned a Monster are songs I have seen live far too many times to ever want to see them again.

I'd also be ok with never seeing him do First of the Gang to Die ever again.

Since I'm comlaining.. the following are song I wish had never gotten a live play ever..

Action is My Middle Name
People Are the Same Everywhere
To Give (The Reason I Live)
It's Hard to Walk Tall (slow, shitty version)
The Boy With the Thorn in His Side (one of the few Smiths songs I think is impossible to listen to).

Anyway.. you get the point.

The reaction for Spent The Day In Bed is amazing! The audience loves this song. A true testament that Morrissey is only ascending higher!

Does he say "I'm free, I must", at the end of the song?

Remember first time I listened to this song I though "instant classic". Great song!!

Surely there are several, right? The Cure? Springsteen? Neil Young? Dylan? Nick Cave? You don’t have to worship these artists, but to call any of them sellouts is just plain wrong.
If Tom Waits announced a 40 date tour tomorrow, the tickets would be gone for all 40 within ten minutes.

I find to be a mistery why someone would go to a concert to film it instead of really get into the gig... cause it may be impossible to have both....
I agree about normal fans recording a full show, but since this is presented by a media blog it’s probably being recorded by someone as part of their job. So I see a big distinction there.

Surely there are several, right? The Cure? Springsteen? Neil Young? Dylan? Nick Cave? You don’t have to worship these artists, but to call any of them sellouts is just plain wrong.

I never called them sellouts. Where did I say that?

I was simply asking a question.

I agree about normal fans recording a full show, but since this is presented by a media blog it’s probably being recorded by someone as part of their job. So I see a big distinction there.

I wont get into this point... I was just trying to say that nowadays gigs (and you wont understand this if you are in your 20s or early 30s) have a far less reaction and participation from the audience. The smartphone is not the one to blame. People should be blamed of this. There is a fair discussion about NOT allowing phones into concerts/gigs (just like they do in the cinemas and theathers). And believe me... the gig would taste very different... and this is not nostalgia, Im going to concerts since middle 80's and there is no way to compare... Not to mention that someone holding a phone overhead during all concert is such a bore, bore, bore... it really can ruin a night.

You're right. I'm off to The Cure in June and I already know it will be ace. I've never seen New Order but hopefully someday I will. The Cure never sold out but they played the MTV game for a while with their brilliant videos. Moz went out of his way to sink himself. Seasick yet still docked.
Then again one could argue that The Cure has been trying to sink itself with every album since Bloodflowers (or Wish).

Looks it, guess his vegan diet is finally paying off. Whatever he feels comfortable with, is all that matters.

‘There are very few artists of his longevity still pulling in the crowds without selling themselves out.’

Like who ?
The Killers, The Rolling Stones, Bowie to a certain extent. I'm in a pub sipping a Galway Hooker beer so I'm not firing on all cylinders. I think some bands like Oasis went to the dogs.

You're right. I'm off to The Cure in June and I already know it will be ace. I've never seen New Order but hopefully someday I will. The Cure never sold out but they played the MTV game for a while with their brilliant videos. Moz went out of his way to sink himself. Seasick yet still docked.
Then again one could argue that The Cure has been trying to sink itself with every album since Bloodflowers (or Wish).
Wild Mood Swings has several stunning tracks. Bloodflowers is gorgeous. Since then they’ve released the two worst albums of their entire career. But judging by their new material (debuted live in 2016), the future looks bright.

Kind of agree about Oasis. But at the same time, the idea that they only made great music between 94-95 is wildly exaggerated and thrown around by lazy journalists. Most albums post Morning Glory has several gems. Some more than others, of course. Not too mention the b-sides!

I find to be a mistery why someone would go to a concert to film it instead of really get into the gig... cause it may be impossible to have both....

Maybe they don’t go to enjoy it maybe they go to film it and then sell it or maybe they enjoy the fact they can share it with other people who weren’t there. Because if it was me I would go to record it to sell it I might as well in return make a profit off of Morrissey since he’s made so much profit off his fans and I’m sure the die hard s would love a recording of the show for their collection.

The reaction for Spent The Day In Bed is amazing! The audience loves this song. A true testament that Morrissey is only ascending higher!

You must be smoking crack for that statement, his career has never hit his lowest, the time he had no record label or contract were more positive then this.

Is Moz way thinner than before? Jeez just look at that audience. He should be proud and happy to still command that level of devotion. There are very few artists of his longevity still pulling in the crowds without selling themselves out.

Respect to Moz and his fans.

He usually starts off tours as a fat bloated diva but as tours go on he goes from a fat bastard to a decent shap over the hill old wanker. The change in diet from touring life and regular at home life can be a good thing for the diet as he’s not inclined to eating the foods he gorges on whatever that is.

Meat is Murder and November Spawned a Monster are songs I have seen live far too many times to ever want to see them again.

I'd also be ok with never seeing him do First of the Gang to Die ever again.

Since I'm comlaining.. the following are song I wish had never gotten a live play ever..

Action is My Middle Name
People Are the Same Everywhere
To Give (The Reason I Live)
It's Hard to Walk Tall (slow, shitty version)
The Boy With the Thorn in His Side (one of the few Smiths songs I think is impossible to listen to).

Anyway.. you get the point.

Meat is murder is the worst song to listen to live and no one f***ing cares to listen to it, more people go to the bathroom or go get a beer when that song is playing.

How many times? He LOVES spaghetti and Italian bread, which is ok in moderation and it doesn't help he has one of the hottest chicks in the planet who is of Italian descent as his life partner and can cook all his favorite foods along with all the potato tacos with extra guac he eats.

Meat is Murder with the vid needs to be on the set list when he is doing all these dates in Mexico. These people love to eat meat and not to mention the bullfighting and dog fighting they love.

Meat is murder is the worst song to listen to live and no one f***ing cares to listen to it, more people go to the bathroom or go get a beer when that song is playing.
Your Dave Haslam I reckon, Dirty, Filthy, Useless, Mother F***er!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom