life is a rollercoaster

Paulc

On holiday by mistake
Many of you will have completely ignored the fact I havent been around too much in recent months. But its because life has been somewhat crazy!!!

loads of good things and some bad things have been happening.

In May i was told by my employer that they had to let me go - company was really struggling and they couldnt afford to keep me on. So i had a month to find a new job. Contacted some old friends on facebook and managed to get myself a temporary contract at a different firm. Had to take a pretty serious pay cut but thought it was not too bad - grateful to be in a job. Was initially a 3 month contract. Wasnt sure if it was gonna be extended so started looking around for something else - credit crunch was really kicking in so not much about. Anyway had a few interviews and some interest but nothing definite but i wasnt too worried because my contract gets extended by another 3 months so i am cool til Christmas.

Then in October some wonderful news - MrsC and I are expecting a baby! Baby is due first week in June. :D

Then two bits of bad news!

Firstly my dad gets diagnosed with throat cancer. He lost his voice and couldnt understand why - doctor referred him and sure enough he's got a tumour on one of his vocal cords. It aint good but we are very lucky - they have caught it early and believe he has a 90-95% chance of being cured by the radiotherapy course he is on right now. This is obviously my chief concern right now.

Then my employer tells me they cannot extend my contract beyond christmas - my last day is 23rd dec.

So suddenly i am facing becoming a father not knowing how my dad is gonna be and looking for a job while the country moves into its worst economic climate in living memory!! :(

Then the rollercoaster jumps again!

I get a call from a recruitment agent asking me if i am in interested in a role - i say hell yeah! And i get it - its a brilliant job on way more money and with great security - will also be very interesting. I start there 5th Jan so also get a lovely little break over christmas.

At the same time the government have reduced interest rates and as we are on tracker mortgage - our monthly payments are now almost half what they were - and could come down further. So suddenly we are ok again moneywise.

So we had the 3 month scan for the baby and everything is ok there too and mrsc is loving being pregnant - and she looks amazing!

And my dad is gonna be ok - i am so sure of this - its gonna be tough for him and the treatment is hard but he is lucky. A few weeks and he will be back on top form i am sure.

Today i managed to get some tickets for all the London Morrissey shows - they are pretty close to when the baby is due so I gotta play it carefuly - might have to give some away at the lastminute but i have to say life is pretty good - am a very happy boy right now.

So life has its ups and downs but the thing to remember is enjoy the good times and live life as much as you can. Be positive and happy - life can be really good. :D

Just wanted to share that with everyone - i have a lot of friends here and there is lots of arguing going on - its just the internet guys - life is what happens when you are not on the computer. :guitar:

Congratulations on the pregnancy Paul, that's great news! :D

Fantasic news darling...I shall look forward to your contributions to our Parenthood Thread in due course! :D

Hope your dear Dad makes a full and speedy recovery :)

Nice to have you back...I often think of our night out in Putney back in September and smile to myself...we sure showed 'em how it's done! :p

(ps The Sarge just yelled "congratulations" at you from the sofa!)

Love Alma xxx

aw thanks for the lovely messages guys! should be able to post a bit more over the next few weeks - Alma u and Mr alma going to Kilburn on 19th?

aw thanks for the lovely messages guys! should be able to post a bit more over the next few weeks - Alma u and Mr alma going to Kilburn on 19th?

If only we were darling! :(

I have my work Christmas "do" *YAWNS* that night and I really should go as it's a new job...best show willing...FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY! :p

See you at the RAH though darling! (not Mr Alma though...he's on babysitting duties! ;)) A situation you'll know only too well yourself soon! :D

Love Alma xxx

Nice one Paul on all fronts, thanks for sharing with us:)
Me and you both starting new jobs 5th Jan:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom