Morrissey Central "LIFE IS A PIGSTY" (May 24, 2023)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date

full

Tina Turner - you die, we die.

I feel like his”Life is a Pigsty” title was pretty lazy. Is dying at 83 a tragedy? He knows so many people that died I guess he’s running out of song to connect with them. Do you thinks he’s writing new songs now just to use for his future obits? Titles like “We’re really gonna miss you” and “Tell me why we have to say goodbye”.
Does the title imply it's a tragedy?
Everyone dies and that's one of the most difficult and sad things about life. Hence the title.

All the old rock fossils are regularly dropping off now so we can expect more and more of these morbid tributes. The real message here is that Moz is on the departure list. That's what he's reminding us with each death notice. This one is a little odd to me since I doubt Moz was/is a big Tina Turner fan. Maybe he has all her records and has covered several of her hits and I just don't know about it.

My husband said Morrissey actually did not like Tina Turner's music, he was on some show with Howard Jones and they were discussing one of her new songs and M said he like the older stuff with Ike but not the newer stuff she was doing.

I thought the Tina Turner - you die, we die was some sort of play on Without Music the World Dies.

My husband said Morrissey actually did not like Tina Turner's music, he was on some show with Howard Jones and they were discussing one of her new songs and M said he like the older stuff with Ike but not the newer stuff she was doing.

I thought the Tina Turner - you die, we die was some sort of play on Without Music the World Dies.
That was exclusively shared here in the downloads section - 2018.

Morrissey on Round Table with Howard Jones and John Peel (Richard Skinner hosts), 1985.

Song discussed:
Tina Turner - I Can't Stand The Rain.
Regards,
FWD.

(Round Table had its name changed to Singled Out later in '85).

Uncredited YT share:

I remember Morrissey joking once about writing Tina Turner’s name on his Master Tapes in the hope of that gaining him more radio airplay. He obviously appreciated her talent and her earlier songs.

That was exclusively shared here in 2018.

Morrissey on Round Table with Howard Jones and John Peel (Richard Skinner hosts), 1985.

Song discussed:
Regards,
FWD.

Uncredited YT share:

That was mostly positive about Tina - brilliant song & voice, inspiring history.

Just doesn't like 80s overproduction.

That was exclusively shared here in the downloads section - 2018.

Song discussed:
Regards,
FWD.

Uncredited YT share:

Ya gotta be kiddin' me.
Moz and John Peel didn't like Let's Go Crazy
and thought it was fake and Hollywood?
Yeah right.
Let's Go Crazy and Purple Rain are straight
up classics.

I don’t know. I died a little more when David Bowie died than when Tina Turner died, but whatever, Mozzybear bunny.

Back
Top Bottom