Morrissey Central "LIFE IS A PIGSTY" (May 24, 2023)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date

full

Tina Turner - you die, we die.

I'm happy I went to see her live, when she was touring the states. Iit was fantastic. Rest in peace beautiful Tina.

Amo a Tina has great songs and an impressive stage display with those legs and a unique dance style. It was overwhelming. Thank you Tina!!!! :disrelieved: :tiphat:

every time i think of tina turner i think of that time oprah wore a tina turner wig for, like, a year. imagine oprah wearing your exact hairstyle for a year. how creepy is that?

i also think of that time at the munich olympic tower when another creep named fabio wrote my name on the side of it (and that was when i realized that all that time he thought my name was "frobin"), only because "i dont really wanna fight" was playing from it, and i remember thinking that it was pretty good.

What a voice. River Deep Mountain High has got to be one of the great pop songs. It was a huge hit in Europe. A massive flop in the USA. Considered too black for the white stations, and too white for the black stations, in the madness of segregated America. No wonder she rose above the bull shit and turned to the inner peace of Buddhism. And moved to Switzerland.

RIP Tina.

What a voice. River Deep Mountain High has got to be one of the great pop songs. It was a huge hit in Europe. A massive flop in the USA. Considered too black for the white stations, and too white for the black stations, in the madness of segregated America. No wonder she rose above the bull shit and turned to the inner peace of Buddhism. And moved to Switzerland.

RIP Tina.
Right, she moved to Switzerland in the 90s because of a song in the 60s :rolleyes: She moved there because her boyfriend, now widower did. She gave up her US citizenship because it allowed her to do more things in Switzerland. She left Ike, who was an absolute monster to her, in 76 and she had a massive comeback here in 82 and she was treated like the absolute royalty she was, she was very beloved.I am not really sure how a woman can survive Ike Turner and Phil Spector and then get accused of fleeing the US because a song did not do well.

Happy at last . . . with Ziggy

Right, she moved to Switzerland in the 90s because of a song in the 60s :rolleyes: She moved there because her boyfriend, now widower did. She gave up her US citizenship because it allowed her to do more things in Switzerland. She left Ike, who was an absolute monster to her, in 76 and she had a massive comeback here in 82 and she was treated like the absolute royalty she was, she was very beloved.I am not really sure how a woman can survive Ike Turner and Phil Spector and then get accused of fleeing the US because a song did not do well.
Chill - I didn't 'accuse' her of anything. Was empathising with her. I'd rather live in Switzerland than the USA.

Chill - I didn't 'accuse' her of anything. Was empathising with her. I'd rather live in Switzerland than the USA.

I loved this article. It is sad, but also serves as a reminder of how the greatest people succeed against all odds.

I feel like his”Life is a Pigsty” title was pretty lazy. Is dying at 83 a tragedy? He knows so many people that died I guess he’s running out of song to connect with them. Do you thinks he’s writing new songs now just to use for his future obits? Titles like “We’re really gonna miss you” and “Tell me why we have to say goodbye”.

Why must we die because she died?
I do have to say I was thinking that too. With Martin Amis dying last week I came across this interview he gave immediately following the death of his close friend, Christopher Hitchens. I think the sentiment he expresses in this interview is absolutely spot on. When someone we love dies, we should love life even more. We owe it to the person who has died.

What a horrible few days this has been

RIP Tina Turner :rose: 🌺💐
A friend of mine recently told me about one theory explaining why there seem to be so many deaths these days. It's to do with the fact that more people have become known through art, politics, the media, and societal movements over the last 60 years than ever previously in human history, and the rest of us have heard of or admired, or known by association, an ever growing amount of the famous ones. As one or more of them die almost every week now, many people are left feeling more aware of mortality, and grief from a distance. :bell:

The solution? Stop watching the news! Ian Anderson at least seems to have done something like that, showing as he does individuality of thought and ability to articulate same.

Tina R.I.P.:rose:

looking at her discography apart from her private dancer album she had very little success in the us as a solo artist,one number 1 and two number 2s and thats as good as it got,most of her stuff didnt chart,europe was the opposite.

I feel like his”Life is a Pigsty” title was pretty lazy. Is dying at 83 a tragedy? He knows so many people that died I guess he’s running out of song to connect with them. Do you thinks he’s writing new songs now just to use for his future obits? Titles like “We’re really gonna miss you” and “Tell me why we have to say goodbye”.
im pretty sure it's not the first time he's used it at someone's death either

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom