Libertines call Morrissey "...an absolute prick." - Entertainmentwise.com

Last I heard, Doherty and Carl Barat couldn't get enough of Moz and were quite happy to pose for photographs with him - they even opened as his support act once or twice. Sounds like the drummer's ego took a knock because Morrissey ignored him (when David Johansen was in the room, of all people), and just assumed from that encounter that Morrissey is a total prick to everyone he meets. Doherty reacted in the same way when Morrissey called him a drug-addled cliche of a person - never meet your heroes!

the libertines,sorry who are they????? oh yes junkies,now i remember,and the lead singer a so called poet,haha,yes they will never be remembered in 20 years time.i guess they are trying to get some attention,as they might as well be dead,we can only hope.

Enjoy the free press, lads. In 20 years time, people will still speak of Morrissey with reverence. No one will remember anything about the Libertines other than the fact that they once had that junkie as their lead singer...

instances like this make me wish we could positive rep the anonymous posters.

the libertines,sorry who are they????? oh yes junkies,now i remember,and the lead singer a so called poet,haha,yes they will never be remembered in 20 years time.i guess they are trying to get some attention,as they might as well be dead,we can only hope.
so you HAVE to hold a positive opinion of everyone who is more talented than you that you meet... well according to that logic you have to be nice about gary considering he is more talented than you.

You've got to be feckin' kidding!....So this makes it on to the front page of morrissey-solo?

If we're going to go trawling twitter for people calling Morrissey a prick then someone's going to be a very busy boy. Besides, why bother? There's enough people around here doing it, we don't really need to have it confirmed by some....drummer.

:rolleyes: etc.

That's why this is the "Morrissey-solo - Unofficial Morrissey news" site.

Lets face it Morrissey is a prick, and im not even a drummer.
I enjoyed the Olympics as well.

its just the drummer :straightface: who cares what they say :p

tumblr_m8xfftjxP71qboiqz.gif

This guy is a bellend

why? because he doesnt care for morrisseys ways! he is most certainly not a bell end. he comes across brilliantly. simply google his name and watch a youtube video or two. He is a genuinely nice person. in my most humble of opinions, i would be inclined to agree with gary, morrissey is a prat. BUT....i have such an emotional investment in the smiths and morrisseys music and life that i am very forgiving. There was fragility and a tenderness to morrissey that is gone, i miss that dearly. xx

I beg to differ, they also played before Morrissey at a Japanese gig /festival, same year or 2004

remember the pic was taken there, or IMHO

No it was taken at Brixton the shirt Morrissey is wearing is the same one he wore onstage that night

so you HAVE to hold a positive opinion of everyone who is more talented than you that you meet... well according to that logic you have to be nice about gary considering he is more talented than you.

That's true.
I never did care for the idea that you have to be talented to hold an opinion. "Write a book and then you can criticise me!"

We can dislike a person regardless of their talent and meeting them doesn't necessarily have to factor in the equation.
Morrissey seems to me to be both lovely and can be a jerk. The two traits aren't mutually exclusive. Because we all can be nice and a jerk.

Libertines didn't really say anything groundbreaking here.
Not that they have to of course. But they are picking an easy target since people think it's cool to pick on Morrissey.

the bloke is right, morrissey is a totally talentless, self-rightous, fat, has-been prick. His lyrics are mediocre and pretentious, his voice is weak and frankly comic. Cant wait until he f**ks off back to obscurity in the US and dies. Oh when will he dieeeeee

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom