Liam Fray (Courteeners) performs 'There is a light...'

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Just got back from the XFM 'Winter Wonderland' gig at Manchester Academy.

Liam Fray of The Courteeners did an accoustic session (with a keyboard player) and for his last song he was joined on stage with Miles Kane of The Last Shadow Puppets and together they played a great version of 'There is a light....' which went down a storm.

Next on stage was The Cribbs. Johnny Marr looked as cool as ever, but they were not my cup of tea.

Before that, Echo & The Bunnymen were on and a pissed up Ian MacCulloch managed to f*** up the set..... very poor show indeed.... they played a month ago at The Ritz and was the gig of the year for me.... tonight was poor indeed and I felt sorry for the Bunnymen who didn't put a note wrong....

Jukebox Jury

Re: Liam Fray (Courteeners) performs 'There is a light.....'

Has McCullouch got a serious drinking problem? Every recent interview I've seen he is pissed. :confused:

Liam Fray of The Courteeners did an accoustic session (with a keyboard player) and for his last song he was joined on stage with Miles Kane of The Last Shadow Puppets and together they played a great version of 'There is a light....' which went down a storm.

Next on stage was The Cribbs. Johnny Marr looked as cool as ever, but they were not my cup of tea.

Before that, Echo & The Bunnymen were on and a pissed up Ian MacCulloch managed to f*** up the set..... very poor show indeed.... they played a month ago at The Ritz and was the gig of the year for me.... tonight was poor indeed and I felt sorry for the Bunnymen who didn't put a note wrong....

Jukebox Jury

I'd have stabbed my aunt to see this!

Oops, they forgot some of the words...:blushing:

[youtube]YoyGwkbZgOY&feature=channel[/youtube]

I'll have another cup. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom