"Letters to Morrissey" - Harvest Records sets up a new site

Re: Harvest Records sets up a new site: Letters to Moz

awesome idea. sounds like lots of fun in the tradition of the best romantic fantasies

I just shot from the hip in my letter.....thanked him for all of the great music and helping me through hard times (cliched, I know...dial a cliche?) especially a few weeks ago when my mom died I found so much comfort in his music. It helped a lot.

here's a letter for you ' C '

Dear Moz:

Downstage, and offstage don't you feel all run in?

a lot of those letters are repetitive. artsy types who recall the first time they heard the song asleep or still ill. bet most of them were sent while they rode their vespas.

I just shot from the hip in my letter.....thanked him for all of the great music and helping me through hard times (cliched, I know...dial a cliche?) especially a few weeks ago when my mom died I found so much comfort in his music. It helped a lot.

Condolences for your loss.

And thanks for all your words on the new record. I'm still abstaining until...

"2:39am
Dear Mozzer
Dear Morrissey,

I write on Independence Day - of course, we still clinging to this chalky little island mark no day, but still, a thick smog of mugginess hangs over Manchester and prevents me from shutting my windows and curtains lest my lonely room become a sauna.

Anyway, I write from Manchester. Boredom, jet planes, silence I sense… but no human voices do I hear out of my open window.

I lie in my bed just as you lie on your bed. Manchester has changed dramatically since you you served your stint (sentence??) here; I have never seen anyone even remotely akin to a Marr here.My jaw never drops and my eyes never dilate. It has one foot stuck in a faded Bulmer photograph; the other trying to stride awkwardly into the future - but the words future and Manchester will never marry.

I swear I have survived mainly on a diet of Philip Larkin, and your music.I know it’s gonna happen someday - although what exactly I don’t know. I liberated myself on/off from Collyhurst by splitting my time between Zagreb - a city I know you’re fond of - as I acquired, somehow, a Croatian girlfriend. But she went the way of all things in the world…

Ideologically and genetically I feel close to you - my family roots can be traced back to Ireland; I also think myself an anarchist member of north-of-Hemel-Hempstead literati. Anybody who is remotely eloquent (read: self-sure) and has spent time in the annuls of the social security system in Manchester usually ends up turning it all on its head. It’s just getting a little late for me (27 years old)

You inspire me. I made the pilgrimage to see your show in Plymouth. And only a 3am coach back up North prevented me from following in the sailwinds of the Pilgrim Fathers.

Do you think you could show me Rome? I’ve never had a Roman Holiday.

People are the Same Everywhere and Everyday is Like Sunday, but what remains is my love to you.

Jonathan Doherty

@dohertywriter (Twitter)"

:rolleyes:

Dear Mozzer
Dear Morrissey,

I write on Independence Day - of course, we still clinging to this chalky little island mark no day, but still, a thick smog of mugginess hangs over Manchester and prevents me from shutting my windows and curtains lest my lonely room become a sauna.

Anyway, I write from Manchester. Boredom, jet planes, silence I sense… but no human voices do I hear out of my open window.

I lie in my bed just as you lie on your bed. Manchester has changed dramatically since you you served your stint (sentence??) here; I have never seen anyone even remotely akin to a Marr here.My jaw never drops and my eyes never dilate. It has one foot stuck in a faded Bulmer photograph; the other trying to stride awkwardly into the future - but the words future and Manchester will never marry.

I swear I have survived mainly on a diet of Philip Larkin, and your music.I know it’s gonna happen someday - although what exactly I don’t know. I liberated myself on/off from Collyhurst by splitting my time between Zagreb - a city I know you’re fond of - as I acquired, somehow, a Croatian girlfriend. But she went the way of all things in the world…

Ideologically and genetically I feel close to you - my family roots can be traced back to Ireland; I also think myself an anarchist member of north-of-Hemel-Hempstead literati. Anybody who is remotely eloquent (read: self-sure) and has spent time in the annuls of the social security system in Manchester usually ends up turning it all on its head. It’s just getting a little late for me (27 years old)

You inspire me. I made the pilgrimage to see your show in Plymouth. And only a 3am coach back up North prevented me from following in the sailwinds of the Pilgrim Fathers.

People are the Same Everywhere and Everyday is Like Sunday, but what remains is my love to you.

Jonathan Doherty

I missed the first quote mark and halfway through was thinking, "WTF happened to Barleycorn? Did he hit is head?"

Marry me, Barleycorn. Or at least take a Campari spritz.

Dear Mozzer
Dear Morrissey,

Jonathan Doherty

a lot of those letters are repetitive. artsy types who recall the first time they heard the song asleep or still ill. bet most of them were sent while they rode their vespas.

Personally, I didnt recall the first time I heard anything - just that I'd been listening since the 80's' - but, yes, I might have been riding my Vespa...

Dear Mozzer
Dear Morrissey,

Jonathan Doherty

I think that it's wonderful.

actually, quite a few of them are fake, and probably created by the same trolls who brought you the various morrissey fantasies over the years. Said trolls even try to write in a foreign language or post a link to a tumblr where all entries are dated the same, or a blog in which they pretend to be 15. It's cute. Well at least it's better to know that's how they spend their time. Better that than molesting little kids or torturing kittens, I guess.

So you know guys I wouldn't feel too bad about being rejected "because you're a Solo user" :D

I am listening to Suzana Poljak's piano pieces though, so I guess that site had a point after all. Gotta keep searching to find the good stuff, that's a general rule of the internet. ;)

Condolences for your loss.

And thanks for all your words on the new record. I'm still abstaining until...

Thank you :) It was very unexpected (she was only 60) but man...I can’t tell you how much comfort I found in the Moz. It’s unreal. Somehow made me love him even more which I didn’t think possible. Can’t wait to see what you think of the new LP :)

Actually, if I may add something else, I just think it's sad that Morrissey, who complains about people here trolling him and his band, is unable to ask his record company to hire internet moderators who will make sure only genuine letters will be published. I mean, it takes about fifteen seconds to spot something bizarre when reading Morrissey fan stuff -when you're trained/ have access to ip address and stuff it's even easier-. I've seen mods here take on a few characters who are just around to confuse real fans. Maybe Harvest could hire them?

So it's not ok to be disrespectful on Solo, but on a website created to sell an album, it's ok to cheapen the few intensely personal letters the real fans share with the world, by letting the fake fans express themselves amongst them?

I guess they knew beforehand nobody would read/care and just did that for commercial reasons (as usual). Can't say I expected much respect for fans either.
When so much respect FROM fans is expected...It's a funny old world, isn't it.

Why fake? You are surprised so many people love him? I dont think its fake for the reason that he Is a really good artist...and then he has a lot of fans..I wrote a letter it was published... No fake here...! Im a real person !

Rippy

UOTE=Anonymous;1986850041]actually, quite a few of them are fake, and probably created by the same trolls who brought you the various morrissey fantasies over the years. Said trolls even try to write in a foreign language or post a link to a tumblr where all entries are dated the same, or a blog in which they pretend to be 15. It's cute. Well at least it's better to know that's how they spend their time. Better that than molesting little kids or torturing kittens, I guess.

So you know guys I wouldn't feel too bad about being rejected "because you're a Solo user" :D

I am listening to Suzana Poljak's piano pieces though, so I guess that site had a point after all. Gotta keep searching to find the good stuff, that's a general rule of the internet. ;)[/QUOTE]

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom