"Letters to Morrissey" - Harvest Records sets up a new site

Looks like a crowd-sourced site to drum up business. You can't say Harvest isn't trying.

http://letterstomoz.com/

Submit your letter
We get a lot of letters to Morrissey via mail, which inspired this site.

Start your letter with “Dear Morrissey,” and end it with your name, Tumblr URL or other social username.

You can write whatever you’d like. If you want to be creative with photos and videos, feel free to attach them to your post. We will publish the best letters and share them with Morrissey.

Cheers,
Harvest Records

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's like a fan PO Box online. Except they share the good ones? That's odd but I think it's a lovely idea since currently he seems unreachable to his fans unless you know someone in front at a concert who can hand him a letter.

I wonder if he wants a kitten...

Re: Harvest Records sets up a new site: Letters to Moz

No, it's like a fan PO Box online. Except they share the good ones? That's odd but I think it's a lovely idea since currently he seems unreachable to his fans unless you know someone in front at a concert who can hand him a letter.

I wonder if he wants a kitten...

I will write a letter tonight...but I am not giving my cat away :)

I have six kittens available in five weeks if you want another. :o

That girl whose dad died of cancer 2 weeks ago, bless. And played I'm Not Sorry....

Hopefully this album will be cathartic for her, and him

I think they mean well, but after the Twitter(fiasco) I don't know about their agenda beyond money and the pursuit of it.

Think maybe after the Twitter thing they've talked with Morrissey about having a form of online interaction with fans that he's happy with, and this is it.

How long do you think it will be before Moz issues a True To You statement denying having anything to do with this site? ;)

They should have done this about a month ago...

Sounds exciting..........but oh god, lets hope that they have got authorisation
for this after the twitter saga, which was actually quite funny with 1 post and 60,000 followers
within a few seconds. And then the axe fell...........

After all, WPINOYB is Morrissey's first album in a while and sounds amazing, from the point of view of sound recording, production, arrangement and - dare I say it - magical touches from Morrissey and Boz.

I like it and I am proud to say it.

Hazard
England.

How long do you think it will be before Moz issues a True To You statement denying having anything to do with this site? ;)

At least we would know he isn't on death's door.

They really messed up the twitter account. I think there is some go getting communications and marketing advisor in Harvest who wants to prove themselves so they keep coming up with this stuff without a thought to who Morrissey actually is and the limits of his interactions with his fans.

Doesn't this idea already exist on TTY and nothing get answered until a few years pass?
I like the idea, but given how abysmal the communication is already (like, how about a quick statement about your health?), I can't see what good will come of it. Kudos to Harvest for the effort though.
Regards,
FWD

It sounds better than the now defunct MorrisseyMusic.com - that Sanctuary set up. Of course, that is not saying much.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom