Letterman's retirement

Discussion in 'Off-topic archive (read-only)' started by kissmyshadestoo, Apr 5, 2014.

1. kissmyshadestoo

kissmyshadestoo Cheeky Defendant

I know a lot of people here aren't into him and he's dissed Morrissey in the past......but I've always been a fan. I remember this episode from high school.

This is one of my favorite clips.....the fun starts around 5:57 in.....the monkey's "o-face" towards Dave freaks him out. Then at 7:10...."Maybe you'll get some and maybe you won't" and at 7:40 mark the s%it hits the fans! Classic Dave!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  2. The Bicycle Tragedy

The Bicycle Tragedy New Member

Dave is a master; the last of the old-school greats. And frankly he's the only one who should have been considered as heir to Carson. And he was better than Carson.

Comedically he is a master of deadpan; a style almost totally lost now. And he's exceptionally intelligent and clearly a very serious soul; interviews with him are almost funereal in tone. He doesn't fuck around and he doesn't take shit from anyone.

His retirement is a huge loss.

3. The Bicycle Tragedy

Thanks for posting this. I'd never seen it before; it made me laugh out loud. There's just nobody like him anymore.

And I fucking hate monkeys.

4. kissmyshadestoo

At the least, people can laugh at the Joe Piscopo commercial in the beginning :lbf:

5. troubleluvsme

troubleluvsme giddyup

6. CrystalGeezer

CrystalGeezer My secret's my enzyme.

How did he diss Morrissey?

7. The Bicycle Tragedy

The night Morrissey played That's How People Grow Up, Letterman had a running gag about spare ribs peppered throughout the show.

8. Oh my god. it's Robby!

Oh my god. it's Robby! spontaneously luminescent

first started watching him in my teens, I think it was during the "Iran-Contra" hearings, so long ago, hard to remember now :confused:
    then life intervened, soldiering, then college and time spent mostly in those hours being out and about :squiffy:
    then I got attached what seemed for good & we watched him together many a night once he was on at 12:30 :blushing:
    but really she liked Conan more and so did I to be honest(not that I told her that) :o
    after she was gone, I was back out a lot, but when I tried to watch either of them, it just did not work without her to look over to and laugh with
    others tried and failed to fill that space late at night, at home, just the two of us and the late night TV :straightface:
    eventually I found Craig Ferguson, he's my late night man now, and since he is a Scot that has embraced America, this shall always be so
    even got my mother to watch him and she enjoyed it! :thumb:
    but still, Letterman will be the first "late night guy" who it seemed was speaking to me and my people
    thanks Dave :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  9. kissmyshadestoo

That was before I started watching but still a great moment. This is also a fun moment (Dave was always a supporter of PJ):

10. The Bicycle Tragedy

God, Vedder is such a cunt.