Let's talk about relationships

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
On the Homozeroerotism or however you spell it thread, there is an attempt to define what homosexual is. THen that conversation spills into relationships and how once you define a sexuality then you have to define a relationship or some such thing, I dunno.

Here's my deal and call me old fashioned.

Whether I'm gay, straight, Bi, a plushy or furry or WHATEVER, there is some part of me that feels incomplete unless I am nurturing another person and being nurtured by them. In the recovery phase of having been in a shittay relationship, I do that even in my brain. I want to be with someone and I can't imagine not wanting to be with someone.

Is this because I'm codependant? Is it because I am around people in relationships who canoodle and cuddle and gah gah over each other and I see that and want it too? Is it because I've never really felt I've belonged to anyone with love? What's the deal? I can't fathom a life where I say, "Meh, we can be together if you want. Whatever. I'm just gonna go bone this other person now. Seeya next week?" :squiffy:

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your insight. :straightface:

Speaking of relationship; does age matter? I'm right now seeing a guy who is a little older than me; I'm not really bothered by the age difference but I imagine that he's going to want to settle down pretty soon while I myself don't have any plans of doing that yet. Although for the right guy.....well, maybe. My question is; realistically, how old is too old?

Speaking of relationship; does age matter? I'm right now seeing a guy who is a little older than me; I'm not really bothered by the age difference but I imagine that he's going to want to settle down pretty soon while I myself don't have any plans of doing that yet. Although for the right guy.....well, maybe. My question is; realistically, how old is too old?
my rule is I take my age (currently 38 :o) divide it by 2 then add 9
so I would not date any American* woman under 28*:straightface: currently** :eek:
also, about the whole settling down thing, that is not age specific, I already settled down and then she left me, so screw that :cool:
settling down is for chumps and the dead(no offence meant to either the settled or dead)

*=I throw this rule out of the window for foreign women, of course, just as long as they are 21*** then :p
**=right now I have no job or car, so basically any woman who would date me would have to be crazy, right? :crazy:
**=I have spent a lot of my adult(whilst single at least) life in bars & clubs either working or just, well, you know, hence the very wise 21 and over rule
:guitar:

my rule is I take my age (currently 38 :o) divide it by 2 then add 9
so I would not date any American* woman under 28*:straightface: currently** :eek:
also, about the whole settling down thing, that is not age specific, I already settled down and then she left me, so screw that :cool:
settling down is for chumps and the dead(no offence meant to either the settled or dead)

*=I throw this rule out of the window for foreign women, of course, just as long as they are 21*** then :p
**=right now I have no job or car, so basically any woman who would date me would have to be crazy, right? :crazy:
**=I have spent a lot of my adult(whilst single at least) life in bars & clubs either working or just, well, you know, hence the very wise 21 and over rule
:guitar:

Hmmmm, why? And why does it matter if she's foreign?

Hmmmm, why? And why does it matter if she's foreign?
1. I have found that non-American women are more mature for their age :straightface:
2. I have found that non-American women seem less "turned off" by seeing some dude who is more than 10 years older than them :eek:
you decide which matters more to me :p
no, but seriously age difference is a bunch of crap, I have dated older women and found it oh so annoying when they brought up the fact that they were older than me :cool:
having said that, if I had not heard them go on about their age, then, well, I probably would not have learned to never do so myself, at least in "rl" :thumb:

I don't know... possibly if you ask deeply personal questions on a public message board you might get personal answers you don't appreciate? It's happened here before, the classics being "Should I adopt two children?" and "Should I watch (a movie about prostitution being a fun and glamorous profession) with my 8 year old daughter?"

edit: oh wait, that has me being on Robby's side. Never mind. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Judging by your overuse of italics dear,Id say hes not the man for you.

Any thoughts?

It's totally normal...highly inconvenient, but normal. Human beings are social creatures (even me), and we're wired for that crap. Don't sweat it, you're probably just ready for a relationship on some level. Just don't let that last bad one screw up anything potentially good in the future.

Hi Jackie,

Personally I can't see what difference age makes, people mature at different rates and not every one conforms to societies norms, i.e young people what to party all day and not settle down. If you fall for someone and they feel the same about you, then any age gap is irrelevent. My wife is 8 years younger than me and we've been happily married for almost 12 years.

It's totally normal...highly inconvenient, but normal. Human beings are social creatures (even me), and we're wired for that crap. Don't sweat it, you're probably just ready for a relationship on some level. Just don't let that last bad one screw up anything potentially good in the future.

Thanks Black Cloud. I don't intend to. I mean there are certain things that new guy is gonna have to put up with, like overactive brain sometimes which can actually be fun, but otherwise it'll be a cinch.

:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom