Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
‘Rank’,B. W. D. and The Jam’s ‘Dig The New Breed’ represent my youth. Hardly bothered with any other live albums than these.

“I still cannot speak French..”

“I AM VERY LAZY”

“Do you think it’ll be a hit?”

Love it and I am stlll kicking myself for turning down an opportunity to buy this on vinyl for a steal in about 1995, when I was a bit off of Morrissey for a time and also when vinyl was somewhat out of fashion. I think it was $10 at record shop in Madison, WI. I didn't want to be bothered having to pack it in my suitcase to bring it home to New Hampshire.

I remember being a little bit disappointed when it came out as:

- the order of the tracks had been modified
- some tracks that he played were missing
- the tracks were not all from the Paris gig, which I attended

I still listened to it a lot.

An album that captured a magical moment in Morrissey history.

I was at both shows.

If you listen carefully, you can hear me clapping.

To be honest I very rarely listen to it as a whole album but the versions of ‘Jack the Ripper’ and ‘Seasick, yet still docked’ are the best live versions I’ve ever heard. His voice is incredible, especially on Seasick.

Personally I still listen to it at least once a week in its entirety. Up there with Dig the New Breed as one of the best live albums, as already mentioned.

It's a 5 for me. It captures a great live era for Morrissey, but has fundamental flaws I can't overlook. It's unfortunate that the album is so chopped up and butchered. Not only does the album needlessly re-arrange the correct order of the songs played, but some of the tracks are from a completely different show. The mix also sweetens the audience a bit too much in parts, but that was sort of the style of classic live albums from the 70s, so maybe that's what they were going for. I'd personally love a good remix of the album with the full Zenith show, in their proper order, mixed properly.

Last edited:
It's a 5 for me. It captures a great live era for Morrissey, but has fundamental flaws I can't overlook. It's unfortunate that the album is so chopped up and butchered. Not only does the album needlessly re-arrange the correct order of the songs played, but some of the tracks are from a completely different show. The mix also sweetens the audience a bit too much in parts, but that was sort of the style of classic live albums from the 70s, so maybe that's what they were going for. I'd personally love a good remix of the album with the full Zenith show, in their proper order, mixed properly.
I wasn’t aware that some tracks were from another show....somebody say it ain’t true.
Still its a great album and I play it quite often, mostly in the car.
10/10 for me.

good speed of songs

It's a fundamentally flawed album that is within a hairs breadth of perfection.

The setlist is all out of whack. Both compared to the actual shows, and a decent setlist order. Moz setlists often feel like someone is pulling the songs out at random, and this is no different.

The setlist on my version runs :

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Glamourous Glue / We Hate It / Fatty / Certain People I Know / The Loop / Sister / Jack The Ripper / November Spawned A Monster / Seasick / Such A Little Thing / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / We'll Let You Know / Suedehead / He Knows / National Front Disco

The setlist is all out of whack. Both compared to the actual shows, and a decent setlist order. Moz setlists often feel like someone is pulling the songs out at random, and this is no different.
I listened again today, and YES. Why shuffle the songs the way they did? Obviously Morrissey knows how he wants to present a concert, so why just turn that on it's head and present the songs in the order they appear on this release? "Seasick....", in particular, just comes out of nowhere and seems totally out of sequence in the listening experience.

Back
Top Bottom