Let's taco 'bout this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by klaus, Nov 5, 2019.

By klaus on Nov 5, 2019 at 5:37 PM
  1. klaus

klaus Junior Whopper

Home Page:
    http://www.deargodpleasehelp.me
    THE L.A. TACO GUIDE TO LOVING OR NOT LOVING MORRISSEY - L.A. Taco
    By MELISSA MORA HIDALGO

[​IMG]

Excerpt:

It’s been a little over a week since Morrissey performed in concert to a near-capacity crowd of faithful fans at the Hollywood Bowl. It was the penultimate stop on his latest California Son album tour.

The Manchester-born singer came “home” to Los Angeles amidst lots of questions about whether his adopted-hometown fans should care about his For Britain politics and what those ideologies mean beyond U.K. borders, particularly in Trump’s America.

The last time Morrissey performed at the Hollywood Bowl, the Los Angeles City Council honored the singer by declaring November 10 “Morrissey Day” in L.A. The 2017 recognition made official what fans in the area have known for decades—that Los Angeles has been “too hot” for Moz since everyone’s tio, cousin, older sister, or girlfriend got them into The Smiths back in the 80s, and that Morrissey has “looked to Los Angeles” and the borderlands for his “new Latino heart” audiences ever since he stopped living in his native England in the 90s.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by klaus, Nov 5, 2019.

1. bennyhana22
      bennyhana22
      That you would rate my post as 'funny' speaks volumes...

Ben
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. bennyhana22
      bennyhana22
      @Ketamine Sun

I’d genuinely be interested in your thoughts and response to my posts, rather than your infantile rating of mine. I fear that your lack of a cogent argument may preclude this...
      It’s a real shame that the process of healthy, intelligent discussion and debate has become so rare, and the instant, vacuous derogatory riposte has taken over as the pre-eminent form of response to any controversial issue. Ho hum.

Ben
      • Redundant Redundant x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. The Truth
      The Truth
      Who is "they?"
      • Like Like x 1