Let's review the evidence. Is Morrissey racist?

still never mind it seems you do recall some of those threads now however - thanks for clarifying.... do you recall the "Morrissey is a Nazi" thread fondley for example?

Yes I do recall that thread:
Morrissey is i Nazi

posted around the time of the Norway comments.

Because this thread exists does not mean that I or the mods or 'the site' agrees with it. It seems there is always that assumption but my contention has been the site is a medium and this is different than if it appeared in say the NME as a headline article that was editorially chosen.

Yes I do recall that thread:
Morrissey is i Nazi

posted around the time of the Norway comments.

Because this thread exists does not mean that I or the mods or 'the site' agrees with it. It seems there is always that assumption but my contention has been the site is a medium and this is different than if it appeared in say the NME as a headline article that was editorially chosen.

"posted around the time of the Norway comments." - like that makes it okay???

You might not agree with it (you probably do but are too frightened to say) but you did published it on your website and did not moderate it

social media is media - is there really that much difference between NME.com and Solow.com - you think one has a moral right to slander or allow users to slander?

Please enlighten me as to what kind of thread/comment requires moderation? and how does a thread entitled "Morrissey is i Nazi" not fit that bill? - thanks

Last edited:
"posted around the time of the Norway comments." - like that makes it okay???

You might not agree with it (you probably do but are too frightened to say) but you did published it on your website and did not moderate it

social media is media - is there really that much difference between NME.com and Solow.com - you think one has a moral right to slander?

Please enlighten me as to what kind of thread/comment requires moderation? and how does a thread entitled "Morrissey is i Nazi" not fit that bill? - thanks

Bravo. You can't say it straight, so you suggest by inference with a statement in brackets that David agrees with the statement "Morrissey is a Nazi"? Why not say it straight out? Because to do so would be to do very thing you accuse this site of. If you don't like the free content and comment this site offers, there are plenty of others you can go to where you can read exactly what you want to. And if you want to take everything written by users, both logged in and anonymous on this site as 100% legally actionable, then you've got the wrong idea about the internet at large. If I'm mistaken, then a great career is ahead of you as an internet sentinel.

P.

Last edited:
Bravo. You can't say it straight, so you suggest by inference with a statement in brackets that David agrees with the statement "Morrissey is a Nazi"? Why not say it straight out? Because to do so would be to do very thing you accuse this site of. If you don't like the free content and comment this site offers, there are plenty of others you can go to where you can read exactly what you want to. And if you want to take everything written by users, both logged in and anonymous on this site as 100% legally actionable, then you've got the wrong idea about the internet at large. If I'm mistaken, then a great career is ahead of you as an internet sentinel.

P.

i don't say it out straight because i have no proof - same as the false accusers have no proof - perhaps this will illistrate how it feels to be accused in this way under the banner of foe "free speech"

I do like the "free content and comments" but i think that if you have moderators and a moderstion policy then slanderous lies (with no proof) should be edited out - pretty simple really don't you agree?

How would you feel if i began slandering you on this site? - would you moderate it or allow it as "comment"? - for example if i started a thread called "Uncleskinny is a nazi"

Last edited:
i don't say it out straight because i have no proof - same as the false accusers have no proof - perhaps this will illistrate how it feels to be accused in this way under the banner of foe "free speech"

I do like the "free content and comments" but i think that if you have moderators and a moderstion policy then slanderous lies (with no proof) should be edited out - pretty simple really don't you agree?

How would you feel if i began slandering you on this site? - would you moderate it or allow it as "comment"? - for example if i started a thread called "Uncleskinny is a nazi"

If you actually read the 'Morrissey is i Nazi' thread you will see that the person is actually backing up his comments. The Norway timing is relevant as it was an obviously emotional time for people in that region so it's understandable that some people may be upset and react in such a way. Sounds like you want censorship of threads that bother you.

Sure, you can post a "Uncleskinny is a nazi" thread, but it would be obvious why you are posting it and nothing to do with the content of his actual posts.

If you actually read the 'Morrissey is i Nazi' thread you will see that the person is actually backing up his comments. The Norway timing is relevant as it was an obviously emotional time for people in that region so it's understandable that some people may be upset and react in such a way. Sounds like you want censorship of threads that bother you.

Sure, you can post a "Uncleskinny is a nazi" thread, but it would be obvious why you are posting it and nothing to do with the content of his actual posts.

So you are suggesting that in the "morrissey is i Nazi" thread there is actually evidence that backs up that statement? - please show me

Am amazed you think the Norway comment is somehow allowable context - please explain

Really?!!!?? you will allow a "Uncleskinny is a nazi" thread? and i won't be banned and it won't be moderated?? - isn't that a bit daft if you have moderators?

So you are suggesting that in the "morrissey is i Nazi" thread there is actually evidence that backs up that statement? - please show me

Am amazed you think the Norway comment is somehow allowable context - please explain

Really?!!!?? you will allow a "Uncleskinny is a nazi" thread? and i won't be banned and it won't be moderated?? - isn't that a bit daft if you have moderators?

I already did - just read through the "Morrissey is i Nazi" thread and you will see people debating it.

If you are posting a thread for actual discussion it wouldn't be deleted but it your example it is just trolling for a response.

social media is media - is there really that much difference between NME.com and Solow.com - you think one has a moral right to slander or allow users to slander?

This is the misconception I am talking about. I didn't 'publish' that thread on the site. Northwind did.

Yes, it's on the site and it wasn't removed as it isn't a violation. You are free to say 'that site says Morrissey is a Nazi' or similar to what you said before 'most of the threads are about how Morrissey is a Nazi' but I'm saying, you're wrong.

Those of you who grew up in the early eighties, have seen many changes to there lives in the past two decades think abut it you'll realise how your lives have changed. To those of us who where born in the late fifties early sixties, the world is a completely different place, Northern england of the early sixties is a different world to the faced paced, cosmopolitan, super connected world we now live in. I don't think unless your of a similar age to Morrissey can you appreciate the closeness of the comunities brought about by post war austerity the subjects of the kitchen sink dramas, much loved by the young Morrissey.

It's easy to see the thoughts voiced by Morrissey as being rascist when all he really thinks is life was better when.... through rose coloured glasses people always refer to the good old days as being just that. The people who like to wear there anti rascist badges and knock us all about the head with them, should realise longing for, or reminicing about times long gone doesn't make you rascist. The grass will always will be, and always was greener through good old days glasses.

Whether you want to believe it, and whether you like it or not the Englishness of England has been eroded by the mass imigration we've seen here over the past forty years. Scream about it and bitch as loud as you like it must be so.

If your younger than 50 i don't think you can understand how different the Morrissey's world is from when he was a lad in Manchester. It does not make him a rascist to want some of it back.

I already did - just read through the "Morrissey is i Nazi" thread and you will see people debating it.

If you are posting a thread for actual discussion it wouldn't be deleted but it your example it is just trolling for a response.

you didn't really answer my points in my comment or my other reply

So you think because the lie was "debated" it makes it okay? - clearly he isn't a nazi is he - debate or no debate

do you actually somehow think its justifiable to say morrissey is a nazi because of the things he said following the norway murders? is that it? I think the original posters logic went - Nazi's don't value human life - morrissey (apparently) doesn't value human life therefore morrissey is a nazi - deep.

and I am not about to troll Uncleskinny - not even to make a point - you should be as responsible

I would however be interested to know if Uncleskinny is still "unsure" as to whether Morrissey is an anti-semite or not as he previously mentioned on this site?

Last edited:
This is the misconception I am talking about. I didn't 'publish' that thread on the site. Northwind did.

Yes, it's on the site and it wasn't removed as it isn't a violation. You are free to say 'that site says Morrissey is a Nazi' or similar to what you said before 'most of the threads are about how Morrissey is a Nazi' but I'm saying, you're wrong.

I didn't say that, you are misquoting me again but that really isn't the point. I was however able to find a thread like the one i described in seconds, which says something. The point is you have the power to moderate the posts so you should moderate against slander of this kind - its the responsible thing to do - I would feel diffently if you didn't have moderators

Last edited:
chill_pills.jpg

wow the moderators and admin are posting and doing something! have you all woken from your sleep? woowwww! :D

Judging by the lyrics from his latest single, not only is he racist, but a bit of a misogynist, too:

Niggas wanna pop shit, I pop clips
Bitch, I'll put my dick on ya lips
Alabama split, hammer slay quick
That David Banner gamma ray shit
Shells in the mouth, jailhouse snitch
My powder voice, Snow White stiff
Verbal killas, gorilla grip
God body shit, puff Marley spliffs

Judging by the lyrics from his latest single, not only is he racist, but a bit of a misogynist, too:

Niggas wanna pop shit, I pop clips
Bitch, I'll put my dick on ya lips
Alabama split, hammer slay quick
That David Banner gamma ray shit
Shells in the mouth, jailhouse snitch
My powder voice, Snow White stiff
Verbal killas, gorilla grip
God body shit, puff Marley spliffs

I remember when Morrissey first sang these words on The Old Grey Whistle Test. It changed my life forever. Beautiful. :tears:

I remember when Morrissey first sang these words on The Old Grey Whistle Test. It changed my life forever. Beautiful. :tears:

I saw him in a cafe. He wrote "Bitch, I'll put my dick on ya lips" on the inside of my arm with a sharpie. The tattooist said "Are you sure?" and I said, "Oh yes. Definitely." :love:

Hey Crookedlittlevein, may I disagree on your view on PC? I think the characterisation of lots of handwringing liberals being terrified of being offensive is off the mark.
I think we live in society where people do suffer because of their sexuality, race or whatever. The question is why do we live in this climate, how do we change it. Whilst the languague we use may not be the sole cause I think it has the power to persecute and isolate. When I was young, words like Paki, yid, et al were in common use. Now, noone uses those terms. This is a good thing and is contributary to a more tolerant society. Is there common ground between our views my friend?

Maybe my post wasn’t very clear, but I genuinely love political correctness; the notion of considering the potential upset a remark might cause before we speak is wonderful. I didn’t intend to summon the image of handwringing liberals. That being said, I don’t think a handwringing liberal sounds like such a bad thing. It sounds like someone who agonises over their choice of words or their behaviour with a view to avoiding hurting somebody. I applaud that level of concern, empathy and intelligence.

That said, I just think there comes a time when political correctness needs to be set aside. And I think people who are generally concerned, empathetic and intelligent (like a certain Morrissey) are entitled to not give a f*** every now and then and vent spleen.

I saw him in a cafe. He wrote "Bitch, I'll put my dick on ya lips" on the inside of my arm with a sharpie. The tattooist said "Are you sure?" and I said, "Oh yes. Definitely." :love:

It's so biologically specific. Morrissey has always shunned the vague in favour of the particular. Good God, he's just brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom