Let's Be Glad Morrissey Hasn't Turned Out Like This

• Thread starter Librarian on Fire
  • Start date
L

Librarian on Fire

I've just been reading one of those "Where Are They Now Columns" regarding the rather funny and wonderful 1970's comedy "Man About The House". Star of the show and former pin-up actor Richard O'Sullivan is now a virtual recluse who rarely leaves his smallWest London flat. O'Sullivan also starred in the '80's sitcom, "Me and My Girl", but never recaptured the fame of "Man About the House". Twice divorced he once said. "I'm a hard-drinking depressive". Although Moz seems to be in a creative hibernation he does go out every now and then to see bands play and to the Cat and Fiddle, and we should be glad that he hasn't found solace in a bottle and pills.

For the North American readers "Three's Company" was based on the successful British sitcom "Man About the House" which also brought success for the Ropers starring Yoytha Joyce and the Panda eyed godess Paula Wilcox.

I don't know if anyone remembers "Me and My Girl" but in my teenage years I really had a big thing for the female actress on that show. If anyone could help out with remebering who she was I'd appreciate it.

LoF

jazzbaby02.jpg

Me and My Girl About the House

From TV Cream (see link below).

RICHARD O'SULLIVAN, clearly stuck for cash, plays Simon Harrap, an advertising executive responsible for rearing his daughter alone after the premature death of his partner. A situation simply ripe for comedy, we're sure you'll agree. Much "punk-rocker boyfriend", "school trip to France" hilarity ensued. JOANNE "SISTER OF WILD CHILD EMMA" RIDLEY was daughter Samantha, TIM BROOKE-TAYLOR a cowardly friend, and JOAN SANDERSON the woodily-named Nell Cresset.

TV Cream

Thanks

> Yeah it was quite a dreadful show. Aiming at middle class sensiblities and the wild child teenager. However Joanne Ridley was the only decent thing about that show as a teenager in the 80's she provided a cathode crush. Thanks for the link and info MF.

LoF

Me and my girl

What has Joanne Ridley done since Me and My Girl?
I remember the theme tune was as bad as the rest of the show.

Back
Top Bottom