"Let Me Kiss You" orange vinyl

darby1974

251237828835.jpg

Has anyone ever seen this?
Maybe like the brown "The Youngest" vinyl?

Here is the description....
Rare orange vinyl 45 in picture sleeve, by Morrissey. The A side features 'Let me kiss you'. The B side has 'Don't make fun of daddy's voice'. Mint condition. Only released on black vinyl, this is the withdrawn orange vinyl presssing, made as a test sample, but not released!! Only a handful ever made, making it the rarest Morrissey single!! ATTACK ATKSE 008.

Sold for 227.50$ USD.

It looks awesome, doesn't look fake, but apparently it is.
Personally, If the price is right and the records sounds fine, I'd buy it.

It's all preference though.

Edit:

Forgot to show you this.
Another mega rare Let Me Kiss You 7"
from the same dude, lol.

http://www.popsike.com/Morrissey-Le...nyl-45-The-Smiths-Mega-Rare/251004019334.html

Both have "Daddy's Voice" as B-sides to. I wonder if they were pressing a few test to choose a color, but scrapped both? I don't think someone would of pressed a couple of counterfeit ones just to make a few hundred bucks.

Both have "Daddy's Voice" as B-sides to. I wonder if they were pressing a few test to choose a color, but scrapped both? I don't think someone would of pressed a couple of counterfeit ones just to make a few hundred bucks.

I wonder that too. It can't be cheap to press vinyl and get the art work done up nicely as well.

I wonder that too. It can't be cheap to press vinyl and get the art work done up nicely as well.

It costs significantly less to print up 50-100 of those than that fake sold for...

I have a theory and it's not too far-fetched as it has been done before.

My theory is these were done without permission from the official vinyl plant by some clever employee after office hours. They may pressed 5 yellow LMKY or 50 in different colors as they wished. That's why they looked so real. There are probably few of them in existence and that's why they seems to trickle slowly in the hobby market.

Some of the rarest U2 vinyls were done, made and produce this way, illegally by a official employee of the pressing plant. And they go for as high as $5000 in the collector's market. Remember, the labels, vinyl pellet are all official stuff.

Sorry, but this has to stop. Perhaps some gullible people will spend money in vain. These records are bootlegs. My god, don’t you people have any ebay savvy? Just look at that sellers other items and they’re basically all vinyl bootlegs. Anyone notice that that same seller a couple of years back offered a clear LMKY 7“ and a test pressing of a LMKY 7” (certainly according to the seller a tp of a UK 7”) but everyone with a SANE mind would figure this is probably a tp of the bootleg LMKY 7”. The pressing of vinyl these days are very different from the days vinyl was the no 1 format. There are no “major” pressing plants where people stay after dark and make exotic pressings. That’s an industry now, third man records etc… Ok, rant over. Don’t tarnish the discography because PJLM isn’t around.

Also, have anyone of you actually handled these records? Compared stampers? Labels? I haven't but friends of mine have and to them it was clearly bootlegs, all years ago, always at fairs.

Lovely to see back Mikael and .....thanks for putting things straight!!

Cheers Moz

I think it's more the point that there is probably no one more knowledgeable than Mikael on Morrissey releases. So if he says it's a fake then I'm not going to argue.

Yeah, because he was the first person to say it was a fake...

Mikael gave an informed and detailed reply whereas you just posted an image saying "it's faaaaaaaakkkkkkkeeeeeee". Both are true but I know which reply holds more weight within those who frequent collector's corner.

Welcome back Mikael, Long time no see, hope all is well.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom