Morrissey Central "LET’S JUST GET THIS STRAIGHT" (November 27, 2022)

Contrary to information supplied to both Spotify and to You Tube, Morrissey is the sole lyricist for 'Rebels Without Applause', and for all of the tracks on Bonfire of Teenagers.

gettyimages-50998486-612x612_velg8a.jpg

YouTube have already adjusted them.
FWD.

Screenshot_20221127-214009.png

I get what your saying. Not sure about the 3rd grade thing, but certainly not up to early Moz/ Smiths standards.

It kind of like someone once said " Morrissey has the greatest songs title, but forgets to write the song". Love this idea of this song but needs more development. Alma Matters is a good comparison. Catch tune, great title, blah verses....
Morrissey really knows how to use words, he is a wordsmith (no pun here with 'smith') and his earlier work really showcased that, a lot. He said one of his goals was to put more sophisticated and older words that were no longer used, back in to the public discourse. He seems to have felt people were basically illiterate and he may have had a point - who really reads the classics anymore? Modern writing has gotten really lazy - in novels, songs, movies, etc. Morrissey is the very thing he used to criticize. I am not sure this more simple form of writing is even getting through to people, because I have seen people say they think generation x is the age group and and not the band, Generation X.

Last edited:
It's a very good song considering the totality of the circumstances at the time. The people on here complaining about the music, sound, lyrics, etc., are they true fans, and are they musically inclined to make such harsh comments? If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

That Morrissey's lyrics are reducing is true (first and second part of "Love is on its way out", for example, is just copy and paste, and I hate that song for this reason; though this comes from ages ago, "You're the one for me, Fatty"). That said, this new song is not worse than those, at least. It has no other ambition than being a bit radio friendly. I like it.

Last edited:
So… a Johnny Marr guitar sound, sans riffs. An illiterate, fruit-stand worker’s level of lyrical magic and the bip-bop production of a Taylor Swift song.

You’ve come a LONG way baby! 😝

That Morrissey's lyrics are reducing is true (first and second part of "Love is on its way out", for example, is just copy and paste, and I hate that song for this reason; though this comes from ages ago, "You're the one for me, Fatty"). That said, this new song is not worse than those, at least. It has no other ambition than being a bit radio friendly. I like it.
Love is on its Way Out is so insane that it comes right out the other end, and has to be designated God-like genius. One of my favourites from Dog.

Let's just get this straight... I don't look anything like the promo photos I constantly use anymore.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom