Let’s download Morrissey into the top 40

Tbevie

Girl afraid
Okay I’ve got this idea, stop me if you think it’s ridiculous.

There’s a new download rule which allows any song, old or new, single or album track, to be counted in the official top 40.

Radio fourth are doing an experiment. Two of their presenters are asking listeners to download ‘blame it on the boogie’ by the Jacksons all this week to see if they can get it in to the top 40.

If it works I think it would be great if we did the same thing with a Moz/Smiths song.

We could create a poll in order to choose which song. Preferably one that hasn’t charted before and is hardly ever played on Radio. The more non-radio friendly the better. We could announce it on the main board at the beginning of a week and ask everyone to download the chosen song at some time that week.

I know we all spent a lot of money on Morrissey last year, album, singles, gigs and so on and I know that a lot of you don’t really care about the charts. But it’s only 79p and I think it would be a fun thing to do. And if we all pull together and it works I think it could be a really proud moment.

If no one’s interested then that’s fair enough. It was only an idea. Obviously in order for it to work a lot of people would have to get involved.

But if you are interested in taking part, please leave a comment and perhaps suggest some songs.

Hi

Good idea. I wou probably pay for something like Don't Make Fun of Daddys Voice or something else as catchy/cheeky/uptempo.

Perhaps one of the mid 90s b sides which are failry unavaliable coudl be an option?

Perhaps Nobody Loves Us or You Must Please Remember...

...no wait - I've got it!

Swallow On My Neck! The only choice - a rare gem that most of us love!!

TT

Hi

Good idea. I wou probably pay for something like Don't Make Fun of Daddys Voice or something else as catchy/cheeky/uptempo.

Perhaps one of the mid 90s b sides which are failry unavaliable coudl be an option?

Perhaps Nobody Loves Us or You Must Please Remember...

...no wait - I've got it!

Swallow On My Neck! The only choice - a rare gem that most of us love!!

TT

Great choices :)

Yeah I think it would be a great idea to choose a song that we all love and thought should have been released as a single.

everyone should download LOST.

Here’s a few of my song suggestions

‘Meat is Murder’ (can you imagine)
‘Life is a pigsty’, I know a lot of us would have loved this to have been the fourth single.
‘The never played symphonies’
‘Trouble loves me’

Thanks for all of your suggestions, keep them coming :)

I’ll leave this thread running for a few days. Then I’ll count up the songs most suggested and create a poll.

Here’s a few of my song suggestions

‘Meat is Murder’ (can you imagine)
‘Life is a pigsty’, I know a lot of us would have loved this to have been the fourth single.
‘The never played symphonies’
‘Trouble loves me’

I agree with all of these, but i would have to add, National front disco.

I would download loads if it helped, but dont you have to register for one of those type of sites? (never usedd one have no idea how it works etc etc)

I would download loads if it helped, but dont you have to register for one of those type of sites? (never usedd one have no idea how it works etc etc)

You can download itunes for free, here’s the link
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you want to buy music you can set up an account.

Songs cost 79p and albums are usually £7.99

National front disco, good choice ;)

I would go for National front disco as well. See the muppets in your avatar, whats their names again? I always forget!

Brilliant idea.

'Trouble Loves Me' (as if you hadn't guessed) and 'Jack The Ripper' are two of my favourites, so my vote goes in for them. But maybe we should try something more up-tempo, like 'Hairdresser on Fire'.
I know it's obvious but 'Everyday is like Sunday' is such a great song and very accessible to a non-Morrissey fan (or those who are fans, but just don't know it yet) It missed out on the #1 spot the first time around; we should try and get it there now.

I would go for National front disco as well. See the muppets in your avatar, whats their names again? I always forget!

waldorf and stadtler ,
I love the muppets

Some Smiths suggestions.

‘How soon is now’
‘I know it’s over’
‘Well I wonder’

As someone suggested, Meat is Murder is a great choice and would please Morrissey immensely I imagine.

National Front Disco or Sorrow will come in the end are other fun choices.

Back
Top Bottom