Legislature Passes Bill for "Gay Day" in California Schools

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6305

Legislature Passes Bill for "Gay Day" Celebrations in California Public Schools

By Peter J. Smith

August 8, 2008, SACRAMENTO (LifeSiteNews.com) - California public schools soon will be planning "gay day" celebrations every May 22 unless Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoes the legislation.

Thursday the California Assembly approved AB 2567, which designates May 22 as "Harvey Milk Day." The 43 to 26 vote occurred on party lines with Democrats for, Republicans against. Earlier this week, AB 2567 passed the California State Senate on another party line vote 22-13 - Democrats for, Republicans against.

The bill will require all public schools to "conduct suitable commemorative exercises" in commemoration of the anti-religious, homosexualist agenda of the late San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk.

According to a Senate analysis of the bill, "This bill requires the Governor to proclaim May 22 as Harvey Milk Day…The designation of a day of significance triggers statutory encouragement for public schools to observe and conduct commemorative exercises suitable to the day."

"This bad bill will teach impressionable schoolchildren the anti-religious, homosexual-bisexual-transsexual agenda of Harvey Milk," warned Randy Thomasson, President of Campaign for Children and Families.

"If signed into law, AB 2567 will mean an official day commemorating homosexuality, bisexuality, and transsexuality in California government schools…This will harm children as young as children as young as kindergarten."

"The Democrats are so cocky, they have no qualms about pushing sexual indoctrination upon children in an election year. For the love of God, parents and their children, we implore Governor Schwarzenegger to veto AB 2567" Thomasson said.

they should not have any special day as they are just like anyone else.they should have the same rights as anyone else,and as there is no straight day there should be no gay day.

of course you are probably offended as your former hitler youth member pope and the rest of his cult hate gays.

I looked up LifeSiteNews.com and it's...interesting to say the least.

Yeah I know what you mean. I googled the topic and this particular article was the most coherent. You should see the other sites.:rolleyes:

they should not have any special day as they are just like anyone else.they should have the same rights as anyone else,and as there is no straight day there should be no gay day.

of course you are probably offended as your former hitler youth member pope and the rest of his cult hate gays.

every day is straight day.

I thought you were talking to me at first and I was like "Oh honey they wouldn't let me in!".

Hhaah. No that was towards me, of course. The saint worshipping, church going-sinner, hater of all homosexuals, baby saving Catholic.

So, RWRW, are you going to tell us why you dropped out of the seminary?

Sure. It's simple actually. I was quite young. I started out when I was 17 and left when I was 18 1/2. I do miss it dearly. Well, I haven't ruled it out completely. I just need to finish school. Only 6 more months and I'll probably heading back! :D:cool:

every day is straight day.

this is true,and so i understand why there are gay pride days and things like this idea. but i just wish there was no gay days as well.

as i find everyone is equal

should there be a bisexual day,an asexual day,a pansexual day?
of course not,because we are all equal.

"There's no requirement of any school to do anything," Leno said. "We hope that Harvey Milk Day would provide for an opportunity for teachers to share with their students why the governor has declared May 22 to be a special day ... We believe that with this additional information, LGBT students would have ever more reason to be proud of who they are and that straight students would understand this has been a civil rights battle, and thereby raising their consciousness as well, likely decreasing the amount of violence and bullying that goes on."

Oh cool.

Hhaah. No that was towards me, of course. The saint worshipping, church going-sinner, hater of all homosexuals, baby saving Catholic.

actually i would never call anyone a sinner,i do not believe in sin,i believe in right or wrong.

i am personally against abortion in the sense that if i was a woman i would not have one,but, BUT, i am not a woman,and i feel it is their right to choose.

Tags
boring fundie trolling
Back
Top Bottom