leee black childers

vivabob

Ordinary Boy
i like you all must have noticed the picture on TTY of leee Black Childers , i personally didn't have a clue who he was so if anyone is unsure please see below

morrissey_and_leee_black_childers_2.jpg

Leee Black Childers is an essential character of New York’s underground. He started taking photographs very early on, but his career really kicked off in 1967 when he became Andy Warhol's assistant at The Factory, alongside Gerard Malanga and Bridget Polk.. Andy was a mentor for and rapidly introduced Leee to many artists and personalities, enabling him to become a renowned Rock and Celebrity photographer.
Leee spent a lot of time at Max's Kansas City, where many of New York's poets, painters, musicians, and Andy Warhol's "superstars" could be seen hanging out. In 1971, Leee and several actors from the Factory went to London to perform the play "Pork" at the Roundhouse Theater. At an acoustic concert there he met the then quasi-unknown David and Angie Bowie, who were on a promotional tour for their Hunky Dory album. Leee took up the management of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust tour, thus becoming a full-time employee of the MainMan company. During this time he made many acquaintances and friends, including the New York Dolls, and took the very first photographs of them, long before they released their first album.
In 1973, he began to work with Mott the Hoople and then Iggy Pop and the Stooges. By the end of 1974 he was a regular at CBGB, the mythical club which spawned the American punk movement. CBs was frequented by the likes of the Ramones, Blondie, the Talking Heads, Richard Hell, the Dead Boys, Patti Smith and Television. In 1975 Leee was managing the Heartbreakers with Johnny Thunders, whom he had befriended several years earlier. Leee and the Heartbreakers all went to London the following year and witnessed the soaring of the early British punk movement, with the Sex Pistols, the Damned, the Clash, and the Buzzcocks, among many others. Back in New York, Leee continued to work on the the career of Johnny Thunders.
Throughout all those years, Leee never stopped taking pictures. Most of them were initially meant to be personal photos, and the majority have not been published although they are very significant in terms of music and cultural history. A small fraction of Leee's work can be found in books devoted to artists including David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and Lou Reed and also those about the punk movement.

she is showing her gang sign, or possibly casting a spell.

why is there no link to the other thread? is kewpie asleep? :D

She's double-jointed. I think Morrissey is also.

does anybody recognize the other people sitting around the table?

i regognize mr david johansen from the new york dolls...well i guess its him not sure

Last edited:
the women on the left looks like JK Rowling , that could be the reason
the way her hand is photographed, after 7 Potters your hand would be
a bit damaged also

Almost everyone in the background is touching their chin which could mean they're all either nervous or tired.

Dreadful Carpet too............​

i wonder where julia go this pic from
she dont take the pic herself for sure ...

Back
Top Bottom