Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
I met a top lad from Manchester called Steve on Saturday morning who’d been to the gig as well. We had a natter at breakfast, I was still buzzing but he thought the set list wasn’t great, not enough hits from the past for him. I thought it was great, didn’t worry me, excited to see him again and to get my hands on the new record.

I know your bigoted, Christian-indoctrinated mind can't fathom a heterosexual person tolerating homosexuality without they themselves being secretly gay, but I assure you that I'm as straight as they come. Same can't be said about our Moz, who everyone knows is as queer as a three-dollar bill.

In any case, I don't live in a white area of California. I live in a city that is primarily Black, Latino and Asian. Whites, as I've mentioned, have been a minority for years now. And if you've ever actually bothered to read my posts, I've never advocated for mass immigration. I'm not a proponent of open borders. I can also completely acknowledge and understand the differences, both broad and nuanced, in the immigration conversations in Europe/UK and the ones in America. I do believe are ways to have constructive dialogue about the sustainability of mass immigration and its longterm effects without veering into braindead racist rhetoric and conspiracy theories. You seem incapable of this.

And that's always been my issue with you. You like to play dumb and hide behind the plausible deniability of of your concerns strictly being rooted in 'demographics' and 'cultural preservation' and whatnot, but you've proven your inherent bigotry on this forum time and time again with a seemingly endless slew of posts that are anti-black, antisemitic, homophobic and so on. You can pretend that these words don't mean anything, that they can be lobbed like a weapon to silence anyone who opposes mass immigration. But that's not true. These words are lobbed at people like you, people that say the sort of hateful, paranoid things that you say. You've been rightly pilloried by many others here for it.

Perhaps most perverse is that your narcissistic delusion stretches out even further in thinking that Morrissey must be just like you, sharing all of the same vile, anti-intellectual thoughts that swirl around your brain when you're sitting home alone in your bubble, reading news and watching videos that reinforce your prejudice. While you two may share a disdain for the current immigration policies of your country, I can assure you that he'd be sickened to read the anti-LGBT nonsense that you and your neanderthal cohorts spew on this site. It would actually give me great pleasure to hear you say some of those things in front of him, though I feel fairly certain that you wouldn't have the balls.

People like you always shrink when prompted to be themselves in public.
Why has this thread been hijacked and taken way beyond off topic for hours on end with an absolutely hideous head to head between two loonies? Seriously, what the hell has any of this garbage got to do with Morrissey nevermind the Leeds concert? A truly grotesque conversation that shows no sign of ending...get outta 'ere!!!!!

I know your bigoted, Christian-indoctrinated mind can't fathom a heterosexual person tolerating homosexuality without they themselves being secretly gay, but I assure you that I'm as straight as they come. Same can't be said about our Moz, who everyone knows is as queer as a three-dollar bill.

In any case, I don't live in a white area of California. I live in a city that is primarily Black, Latino and Asian. Whites, as I've mentioned, have been a minority for years now. And if you've ever actually bothered to read my posts, I've never advocated for mass immigration. I'm not a proponent of open borders. I can also completely acknowledge and understand the differences, both broad and nuanced, in the immigration conversations in Europe/UK and the ones in America. I do believe are ways to have constructive dialogue about the sustainability of mass immigration and its longterm effects without veering into braindead racist rhetoric and conspiracy theories. You seem incapable of this.

And that's always been my issue with you. You like to play dumb and hide behind the plausible deniability of of your concerns strictly being rooted in 'demographics' and 'cultural preservation' and whatnot, but you've proven your inherent bigotry on this forum time and time again with a seemingly endless slew of posts that are anti-black, antisemitic, homophobic and so on. You can pretend that these words don't mean anything, that they can be lobbed like a weapon to silence at anyone who opposes mass immigration. But that's not true. These words are lobbed at people like you, people that say the sort of hateful, paranoid things that you say. You've been rightly pilloried by many others here for it.

Perhaps most perverse is that your narcissistic delusion stretches out even further in thinking that Morrissey must be just like you, sharing all of the same vile, anti-intellectual thoughts that swirl around your brain when you're sitting home alone in your bubble, reading news and watching videos that reinforce your prejudice. While you two may share a disdain for the current immigration policies of your country, I can assure you that he'd be sickened to read the anti-LGBT nonsense that you and your neanderthal cohorts spew on this site. It would actually give me great pleasure to hear you say some of those things in front of him, though I feel fairly certain that you wouldn't have the balls.

People like you always shrink when prompted to be themselves in public.

Despite what you may imagine, I don't watch anti-immigrant propaganda videos funded by Zionists on youtube. I despise infowars, Breitbart and all the rest of them. I don't live in a bubble. Like most Britons I can see with my own eyes what is happening to my city and country - and it's not good.

Just like most people Morrissey sees this too. But he's the only famous person in the country to have the guts to air his views on the subject - and f*** the consequences.

Does Moz live in a delusional bubble also? No, he just loves England but despises what it has become.

He openly supports what you and other liberals have termed 'a far right party'. Does that make him a bigot too?

You live so far away from England - the real on-the-ground England lived and experienced by those who live here - that you just don't understand the context of neither my nor Morrissey's so-called controversial comments - and sadly I don't think you ever will.

What is actually remarkable about Morrissey is that, unlike so many others who have made money, he still feels an affinity for his English working class roots, and his intuitiveness about how real ordinary voiceless people (who have been abandoned by all political parties and are now being ethnically replaced) feel is actually staggering.

Last edited:
He didn't get the 'sentiment' wrong - he correctly predicted where things were heading & highlighted some serious issues that were being ignored. And he got a media kicking because they didn't want to hear it.

In his incendiary & confusing fashion, he spoke truth to power, temporarily got himself in disgrace & made a few lightweight Smiths fans fear to wear their t-shirts in public. It'll only add to his legend.

Viva Moz, the eternal troublemaker ❤
When does he ever speak out? He can't string an intelligent sentence together.
He fires off controversial crap to get cheap publicity.
The man's a knuckle head and a massive narcissist hooked on fame and in love with himself.
Knows f*** all about the world and how people interact in it as he is a f***ing socially inept control freak.

Despite what you may imagine, I don't watch anti-immigrant propaganda videos funded by Zionists on youtube. I despise infowars, Breitbart and all the rest of them. I don't live in a bubble. Like most Britons I can see with my own eyes what is happening to my city and country - and it's not good.

Just like most people Morrissey sees this too. But he's the only famous person in the country to have the guts to air his views on the subject - and f*** the consequences.

Does Moz live in a delusional bubble also? No, he just loves England but despises what it has become.

He openly supports what you and other liberals have termed 'a far right party'. Does that make him a bigot too?

You live so far away from England - the real on the ground England lived and experienced by those who live here - that you just don't understand the context of neither my nor Morrissey's so-called controversial comments.

What is actually remarkable about Morrissey is that, unlike so may others who have made money - he still feels an affinity for his English working class roots, and his intuitiveness about how real ordinary voiceless people (who have been abandoned by all political parties and are now being replaced) feel is actually staggering.
Yawn. Conveniently avoiding everything I actually said in my previous post to ramble on some more about how Morrissey keeps it real. Spending his 20s draining the dole for every last penny until Johnny Marr came knocking? Real working class hero, that one.

Yawn. Conveniently avoiding everything I actually said in my previous post to ramble on some more about how Morrissey keeps it real. Spending his 20s draining the dole for every last penny until Johnny Marr came knocking? Real working class hero, that one.
Draining the dole? Quite conservative of you there. On the contrary I am proud of Britain's welfare state. If it didn't exist nor would many of the greatest bands of all time. Being on the dole allows you the time to be creative - the dole has spawned great art throughout the years.

The industries that kept the North of England alive were decimated by Thatcher and her ultra capitalist neo-liberalist project leaving very little work for anyone, so often the dole was the only option for many people. Many areas and towns up north have never recovered and are shells of their former selves full of drug addicts and alcoholics, generation after generation.

Being on the dole can actually force you to open your mind and discover alternative options in life.

Other than that, you haven't addressed a single thing I've said in my last post either. Basically you don't understand me, and you certainly don't understand Morrissey and the context of his growing up. I do. My growing up has so many things in common with Morrissey's early years it's almost uncanny. Living in big shiny America I don't think you can ever feel that same connection. Working class life in England, especially of the past, is a different universe.

Last edited:
Talking of Harry Styles, he got mugged by a gang of blacks the other night when he was doing some cruising in George Michael's old night-time haunt: London's foresty Hampstead Heath. I laughed as he tried to explain it away as "I was just walking home from a friend's house." Yeah, right, Mr multi-millionaire walking London's streets on your own at midnight. Where was his driver? Clearly told to stay at home.

What was revealing was the fact he gave the predatory hooded gang (out looking for cruising gays to rob) a wad of cash but that "no matter what happened they weren't going to get his phone." They began counting down from ten for him to unlock it or else he was getting the machete, and he was just about to actually throw it in a pond so the water could take it instead when he managed to run in front of a car on the road that cuts through the woods.

I wonder what exactly was on that phone?

Wait, you're assuming Harry Styles is gay because he was walking through a certain neighborhood at night - yet a picture of Morrissey dreamily laying his head on his lover's crotch is just "artistic"?

Wait, you're assuming Harry Styles is gay because he was walking through a certain neighborhood at night - yet a picture of Morrissey dreamily laying his head on his lover's crotch is just "artistic"?
Styles was walking through one of the world's most famous cruising spots at midnight where muggers specifically go to rob gays. He obviously gets off on danger, just like George Michael did, who out of his head on a cocktail of Class A drugs used to carry a gimp mask around with him at night on the Heath.

And yes, that photo is immensely sensual and artistic. I like it a lot. Morrissey likes to tease, he always has.

Last edited:
What about Blackburn King George’s ? Some fantastic memories there and I do recall you did attend.

?? :knife:

Ah yes, forgot about King George’s, seen so many great gigs there including Morrissey. Best gig was Buzzcocks supported by Joy Division, I remember thinking watching JD and thinking, f***ing hell they are shite. Turned out to be wrong on that one and bizarrely ended up living down the road from Hooky!

The horror.

If she loved him, she'd let him go.
But what if he invited her and put her on the VIP list? You're hardly going to say no. It would be impolite.

Personally I think she and Morrissey should have children together. He considered it once with another woman, remember? He even said so in his book.

Yet people keep insisting he's 100% gay. Funny that, isn't it?

Last edited:
First sentence let you down big time pal.
Never mind you deserve a reply.

Nobody is willing to invest money in him anymore for fancy stage sets/screens/lighting etc.
You obviously have never seen him at his best when he had all these things.
They created a great atmosphere around Quarry and Ringleader times.
So just for you I’ll repeat :thumb:
Last night was very low price budget airline no frills.
He can’t get his head around how business works and basic maths and this is why he is now in this position. ( No record company/financial backing )
The songs are no longer up to it. It’s sad but he just can’t write em or think where to go to steal the lines from anymore and the record companies have rightly so said “No more Mr Morrissey thank you very much”.
And why should he write those songs now he has sold out and lives in 5* global luxury.

Gotta go I need a pee.
And don’t be so cheeky next time pal, do your homework and show some respect.

??:knife:
Play it again, Sam

But what if he invited her and put her on the VIP list? You're hardly going to say no.

Personally I think she and Morrissey should have children together. He considered it once with another woman, remember?

But still people keep telling me he's 100% gay.

She should say no. Poor beggar's taken a lot of flack for her ridiculous party. She should also shut down her ridiculous party.

Styles was walking through one of the world's most famous cruising spots at midnight where muggers specifically go to rob gays. He obviously gets off on danger, just like George Michael did, who out of his head on a cocktail of Class A drugs used to carry a gimp mask around with him at night on the Heath.

And yes, that photo is immensely sensual and artistic. I like it a lot. Morrissey likes to tease, he always has.

And you would know about that area because...

How about that time Morrissey was hanging around in a pool hall filled with underage Asian boys - I suppose he was there to soak up the sensual, artistic atmosphere?

She should say no. Poor beggar's taken a lot of flack for her ridiculous party. She should also shut down her ridiculous party.
Too late. Her party is funded by Zionists who want something back on their investment. Criticize Muslims and Muslims only - and never ever mention banks or Jews. That's what they told Nick Griffin when they offered to fund the BNP. He told them where to shove it. And lo and behold, within a year or two despite massive votes the BNP ceased to exist. Those pesky Zionists and their dark arts.

Nobody forced Morrissey to announce his affiliation for Anne Marie. He made the decision knowing full well the ostracism and trouble that was certain to follow. His views have not changed. Like many wise people he's witnessed the changes, heard the celebratory diversity mantra and knows something must be done. Britain is losing its beloved character and morphing into something ugly. And people are being taught and encouraged to be dumb and to accept whatever is plonked before them.

The Conservate Party make changes to reduce immigration and nobody bats an eyelid. A small party like For Britain has the very same aim and they are branded 'far right' and 'racist'.

That's politics and propaganda for you. One rule for the elite, and any challengers must be blackened and wiped off the map. This is a two party country and it will stay that way thank you very much! No newcomers or upstarts welcome.

Last edited:
I was a fan. If I had an accountant, they would certainly verify.

My gigging days began with The Smiths and ended at the London Palladium a couple of years ago.

That said. Where did I try to convince anyone that I was a fan? You suggest that part of my post pleases you.

I like the way bitter haters on here try to convince the rest of us that they’re actual fans

Draining the dole? Quite conservative of you there. On the contrary I am proud of Britain's welfare state. If it didn't exist nor would many of the greatest bands of all time. Being on the dole allows you the time to be creative - the dole has spawned great art throughout the years.

The industries that kept the North of England alive were decimated by Thatcher and her ultra capitalist neo-liberalist project leaving very little work for anyone, so often the dole was the only option for many people. Many areas and towns up north have never recovered and are shells of their former selves full of drug addicts and alcoholics, generation after generation.

Being on the dole can actually force you to open your mind and discover alternative options in life.

Other than that, you haven't addressed a single thing I've said in my last post either. Basically you don't understand me, and you certainly don't understand Morrissey and the context of his growing up. I do. My growing up has so many things in common with Morrissey's early years it's almost uncanny. Living in big shiny America I don't think you can ever feel that same connection. Working class life in England, especially of the past, is a different universe.
Bollocks! A comment that decries Thatcher from someone more right-wing than Thatcher herself Infantile, ignorant, nonsense.

Morrissey was by definition a middle-class boy. Mother who was a librarian and he holidayed in America in the 1970s!? Just another pop star using working-class as a badge.

Being in
And you would know about that area because...

How about that time Morrissey was hanging around in a pool hall filled with underage Asian boys - I suppose he was there to soak up the sensual, artistic atmosphere?
Being in a public swimming pool is a little different to choosing to walk through a famous (and dangerous) gay cruising area at midnight.

You're scraping the barrel with that one.

Many of our MPs and judges have also through the years been mugged taking these mysterious midnight walks coincidentally through well-known cruising haunts in London.

Too late. Her party is funded by Zionists who want something back on their investment. Criticize Muslims and Muslims only - and never ever mention banks or Jews. That's what they told Nick Griffin when they offered to fund the BNP. He told them where to shove it. And lo and behold, within a year or two despite massive votes the BNP ceased to exist. Those pesky Zionists and their dark arts.

Nobody forced Morrissey to announce his affiliation for Anne Marie. He made the decision knowing full well the ostracism and trouble that was certain to follow. His views have not changed. Like many wise people he's witnessed the changes, heard the celebratory diversity mantra and knows something must be done. Britain is losing its beloved character and morphing into something ugly. And people are being taught and encouraged to be dumb and to accept whatever is plonked before them.

The Conservate Party make changes to reduce immigration and nobody bats an eyelid. A small party like For Britain has the very same aim and they are branded 'far right' and 'racist'.

That's politics and propaganda for you. One rule for the elite, and any challengers must be blackened and wiped off the map. This is a two party country and it will stay that way thank you very much.
Said the registered user who recently said she was more like Hitler in her views.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom