Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about the pair of them that much to be honest. Such views mark them out as total social bores. Being homophobic is the equivalent of having bad breath at a party. Anyone with even an ounce of culture or sophistication in life knows that gay people are cool. Finding love in this world is hard enough without storm-god morality rearing its ugly, jealous head. One day they may both develop an ounce of culture or sophistication. It's there in pretty much every line Moz has ever written (which is the real irony). We can but hope...

Can someone tell him that Stephen mentioned 'the gay agenda' & I made a joke about it because There Is No Gay Agenda.

And I would expect someone concerned about homophobia to know that.

Can someone tell him that Stephen mentioned 'the gay agenda' & I made a joke about it because There Is No Gay Agenda.

And I would expect someone concerned about homophobia to know that.

I found one, it's nice, 120 pages.

sn,x1000-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the pair of them that much to be honest. Such views mark them out as total social bores. Being homophobic is the equivalent of having bad breath at a party. Anyone with even an ounce of culture or sophistication in life knows that gay people are cool. Finding love in this world is hard enough without storm-god morality rearing its ugly, jealous head. One day they may both develop an ounce of culture or sophistication. It's there in pretty much every line Moz has ever written (which is the real irony). We can but hope...
Before the 90s almost everyone was 'homophobic'. And I'm talking back to the beginning of time. In fact most cultures around the world still are proudly homophobic - most of Africa and Asia for example (most Muslims around the world would happily hurl all gays from tall buildings). It's only after concentrated gay lobbying and mass propaganda disseminated from every western company and corporation from Apple to local police forces that it is now supposedly 'accepted' in the west - on a slightly threatening 'or else' basis.

But look at the bigger picture. In history this could only be a blip of a fashion trend, who knows? Perhaps twenty years from now people will say 'Enough' i.e. I don't want this stuff enforced upon my innocent kids with drag queens in their classrooms etc. Perhaps the aggressive gay lobby will go overboard and over-estimate people's tolerance and it may have to be all packed away back into the closet.

Kiddies-rainbow-waving celebratory gayness for all the family is one thing. Fisting at three-day long chemsex parties is another.

Last edited:
I thought nothing on this album could match the ugliness and cynicism of I Bury the Living from LiHS or Kick the Bride Down the Aisle from WPINOYB but then I heard 'Jim Jim Falls'. The days when you could expect wit and warmth in this man's lyrics are long gone.

I thought nothing on this album could match the ugliness and cynicism of I Bury the Living from LiHS or Kick the Bride Down the Aisle from WPINOYB but then I heard 'Jim Jim Falls'. The days when you could expect wit and warmth in this man's lyrics are long gone.
On the contrary I think an ode to suicide has been long overdue.

Before the 90s almost everyone was 'homophobic'. And I'm talking back to the beginning of time. In fact most cultures around the world still are proudly homophobic - most of Africa and Asia for example (most Muslims around the world would happily hurl all gays from tall buildings). It's only after concentrated gay lobbying and mass propaganda disseminated from every western company and corporation from Apple to local police forces that it is now supposedly 'accepted' in the west - on a slightly threatening 'or else' basis.

But look at the bigger picture. In history this could only be a blip of a fashion trend, who knows? Perhaps twenty years from now people will say 'Enough' i.e. I don't want this stuff enforced upon my innocent kids with drag queens in their classrooms etc. Perhaps the aggressive gay lobby will go overboard and over-estimate people's tolerance and it may have to be all packed away back into the closet.

Kiddies-rainbow-waving celebratory gayness for all the family is one thing. Fisting at three-day long chemsex parties is another.

It's a problem with the 3rd sector. They need profile & funding & to get both they need to keep finding causes.

They should shut down when they naturally cease to have a purpose, but they're businesses & they're a route into politics & public services.

New instant classic?

OK. í'm getting obsessed with this, and í need to to get to Bedfordshire. Thank You for posting though.

The LP version will no doubt suffer in comparison, but here's hoping...

Cos right now this is like bloody Betjeman with better guitars.

Does anyone know what the words say on the Karloff drum ‘skin’?

Does anyone know what the words say on the Karloff drum ‘skin’?

Morrissey 2020 drumskin.jpg

í thought it was Herman Munster, but í guess that's cos í'm down with the kidz...

“Half the standing area available”??? Where do you get that bullshit from? The space behing the black curtains is where they store the removeable seating , when the floor is “standing only”.
Were you even there???
Sure was and it was a great show. Half the standing WOULD have been available had the stage not been moved so far forward. What standing was available was full indeed. But overall, comparing it to what capacity it could have been had the stage been where it normally goes and had all the sections been sold (been at the arena when it was a full sell out), he could have sold far more tickets. Wouldn’t say it was bad ticket sales but I was shocked how many more he could have sold. (But cannot deny i was very happy to be moved down a full block!).

There is no other reason. For years you imagined him as your 'gay savior' but let's be truthful here, Moz is as anti-LGBT as I am and has never (and will never) fly the family-friendly especially-for-the-kiddies Gay Rainbow. That's hardly someone who is 'proud to be gay'. It's most likely someone who, despite the teasing clues and signs (that you've clearly over-read) isn't actually gay at all.
Thanks for this, it's the funniest thing I'll have read all month. There is literally no other Morrissey fan on earth this delusional.

Pippistrella said:
There is no other reason. For years you imagined him as your 'gay savior' but let's be truthful here, Moz is as anti-LGBT as I am and has never (and will never) fly the family-friendly especially-for-the-kiddies Gay Rainbow. That's hardly someone who is 'proud to be gay'. It's most likely someone who, despite the teasing clues and signs (that you've clearly over-read) isn't actually gay at all.

Thanks for this, it's the funniest thing I'll have read all month. There is literally no other Morrissey fan on earth this delusional.

Nope, not gay at all! Not in the least!

26314_mozbelly.jpg

Back
Top Bottom