Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:

Talk about a shitty setlist, with songs from his last 3 shitty albums, honestly if he played an all Smiths setlist he could easily sell out venues knowing it’s gonna be all Smiths songs instead he likes playing these new drab songs. I feel sorry for the people who paid
to see multiple shows having to hear these crappy new songs these songs are not worth your money, it’s time he realizes no one likes your new shit, play the old hits, because that’s where you are now, making money on what you’ve made in the past because it surely isn’t what he’ll make in the future.

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Any More / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack the Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

• Photos (3 total) - @snapagig1 / Twitter.

mozzer great again superb vocals

He sold 75% of tickets... That were available. A third of the arena wasn't even for sale. 13,000 capacity, and only around 8500 tickets for sale. 75% of that is around 6500.

When you consider that he's only doing the two UK dates, that's shocking. In 2018 he played to 125,000 people in the UK. This 'tour' he'll be lucky if he manages 15,000.

This is correct, 75% of what was available. So more sections covered and people were moved down. The stage was near the back pretty much, but at least that made it ‘full’ then. The atmosphere on the floor was great I thought. Better than I expected.

Talk about a shitty setlist, with songs from his last 3 shitty albums, honestly if he played an all Smiths setlist he could easily sell out venues knowing it’s gonna be all Smiths songs instead he likes playing these new drab songs. I feel sorry for the people who paid
to see multiple shows having to hear these crappy new songs these songs are not worth your money, it’s time he realizes no one likes your new shit, play the old hits, because that’s where you are now, making money on what you’ve made in the past because it surely isn’t what be what he makes in the future.

You'd be better off going to see the Smythes mate, or maybe the Smiths Indeed.

The new songs last night sounded great, I thought it was a bit of a shame there was only 3 from the new album.

Thanks for the videos.

Another promising new song, & another that only Morrissey would write.

People can say what they like about his apparent political beliefs but nobody can take away that he’s one of the most unique songwriters we’ve ever had.

You'd be better off going to see the Smythes mate, or maybe the Smiths Indeed.

The new songs last night sounded great, I thought it was a bit of a shame there was only 3 from the new album.

Tbh there's been a far better atmosphere at Smyths shows I've seen than recent Moz ones I've been to.

Terrible ending, walked off, music came on for five minutes as if he was gonna come back on. Next minute house lights went up.
Atmosphere was well below zero.

?? :knife:
He played 24 songs you nonce.
I don’t think the ending was terrible, as he’d said his thanks and goodbyes before launching into “Half A Person”. I understand what Benny’s saying, though, it did seem as though he was about to come back on and the music was building up. Not sure if the fight influenced the decision or if they just played the music for a bit too long.
Am i the only person on here who enjoyed “lady willpower”?
A great set but more tunes as upbeat as this wouldn’t have gone amiss...
I thought it was great and the crowd seemed to love it too.
There was no seasick yet still docked that i recall. There was a long piano intro bit it sounded more "face in your lap" than seasick to me.
Yeah, I don’t remember “Seasick” either and agree that the long intro sounded like “In Your Lap”.

I don’t think the ending was terrible, as he’d said his thanks and goodbyes before launching into “Half A Person”. I understand what Benny’s saying, though, it did seem as though he was about to come back on and the music was building up. Not sure if the fight influenced the decision or if they just played the music for a bit too long.

I thought it was great and the crowd seemed to love it too.

Yeah, I don’t remember “Seasick” either and agree that the long intro sounded like “In Your Lap”.

you must have nipped our to the bar or momentarily dipped into a short sleep, “Seasick” was definitely performed.

to see multiple shows having to hear these crappy new songs these songs are not worth your money, it’s time he realizes no one likes your new shit, play the old hits, because that’s where you are now, making money on what you’ve made in the past because it surely isn’t what he’ll make in the future.
bullshit - you are just talking for yourself - if you want to hear Smiths songs go and see a tribute act, the supposed 'new shit' is brilliant if only you had a pair of ears - not even sure why you are on this site you are clearly not a fan

I’m totally and genuinely heartbroken, I’m in my hotel room, now sober and can’t believe what me and my daughter have seen last night. Voice and band were great as always...... but the lack of thought and input with the choice of songs last night..... I’m not taking this well at all, I thought that it may be time for moz , as we have all done for years , to shake things up ... but no... no ... . I won’t be going out of my way anymore for the same crap when it could be so much better......... heartbrokenbazz.

Well well well Bazza
At last we come to an agreement.
It was absolutely terrible last night. There was no atmosphere in there, people on the floor looked bored to 4ck, Gotta be the worst performance I’ve ever seen.
Definitely needs to stop taking that shirt off as well really put me off my pint.
Best thing about last night was Joe the busking drummer outside he stole the whole show last night.
THERE IS NO COMING BACK FROM THIS NOW.

Set list was totally shitcrapwank.
Lawnmowers just chugged along.
If I had a ticket for London I would sell it for £5 just to get something back on it.
It really is THAT BAD.

?? :knife:

I took this picture and did not give you permission to repost it. Shame on you.
I too am Spartacus and also took the very same picture you plagiarised Shame on You too!! You fool we all took that picture, it wasn’t mutually exclusive to anyone.

To all the snowflakes/ Nazi left wing extremists out there, the reason morrissey isn’t selling as many tickets as he used to, isn’t because of his political views, its because of a handful of recent boring studio albums and cover albums, coupled with the fact he is well known for not playing the “hits” that many fans want to hear.
Btw last night was excellent but could have been a much better evening if more “crowd pleasers” were included.
Sorry snowflakes, but your mind games don’t work on intelligent people....

He sold 75% of tickets... That were available. A third of the arena wasn't even for sale. 13,000 capacity, and only around 8500 tickets for sale. 75% of that is around 6500.

When you consider that he's only doing the two UK dates, that's shocking. In 2018 he played to 125,000 people in the UK. This 'tour' he'll be lucky if he manages 15,000.
Not really shocking, he played leeds last time, and after releasing average albums/ cover albums the past few years, plus the fact he let the hometown audience at mcr down by pulling out, its not surprising.
An artist like morrissey needs to play more intimate venues imho, not money grabbing arena shows

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom