Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
its over now for me anyway- thanks for the golden years but they are gone now, boz grow a pair and walk away too

Now that's just unfair - why should Boz leave because you didn't like something?

Maybe he likes what he's doing & he cares about someone he's worked with for so long?

You're clearly just here for the oneupmanship.

Lyrics, spoken words, who cares. Words are just signals that you can read many things into, or in your case, choose to put a slant on tendentiously.
My god, some people's inability to just say "oh I see, guess I was wrong about that" is staggering. You should give it a shot, it can be liberating. I already think you're an idiot, so it's not like admitting that you've been bested would make me think you were even more of one.

My god, some people's inability to just say "oh I see, guess I was wrong about that" is staggering. You should give it a shot, it can be liberating. I already think you're an idiot, so it's not like admitting that you've been bested would make me think you were even more of one.
No, I've caught you out many, many times tonight - if you want to play that childish game, which I don't. Intellectually I'm light years ahead of you. Which is why you always sound so frustrated and angry when communicating with me. But I know, it's a liberal thing.

It's not from a lyric - it's from the fly-on-the-wall documentary.

In interviews he has indicated that he didn't want to be celibate, he just ended up being that way because of various emotional blocks.
That's pretty much what I've been saying. The tension of feeling comfortable/uncomfortable with his asexuality. It's like the pure comfort of laziness against the slight nagging need for action. You wish you could but you can't and maybe you don't want to anyway. The tension therein.

No, I've caught you out many, many times tonight - if you want to play that childish game, which I don't. Intellectually I'm light years ahead of you. Which is why you always sound so frustrated and angry when communicating with me. But I know, it's a liberal thing.
You haven't 'caught me out' on anything except to accuse me of being gay, which I understand is the sort of thing someone like you thinks of as an intellectually-sound strategy for debate.

You haven't 'caught me out' on anything except to accuse me of being gay, which I understand is the sort of thing someone like you thinks of as an intellectually-sound strategy for debate.
I think you outed yourself earlier with your public craving for underage male 'ass'. I do have a memory you know. Perhaps you've pleasured yourself at some point which is why the heat has lessened and the bitter anti-climax has set in.

Last edited:
At least he gave everyone the usual bathroom break: Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris... Shame he didn't toss in Bullfighter too so people would have a chance to have a shite too. But seriously, why does he insist on that same lull? And why so many covers?

Just back from the gig and my post gig trip to The New Penny.

The concert was AMAZING! Moz was in great form. I nearly fainted when I heard At Amber!

From my mate who works at the Arena box office- Steven Corona Morrissey sold 75% of tickets. Official word. And it looked/felt very packed indeed. Sorry haters! Even when Moz expresses opinions different to your Guardianista/Twitterati ones, he still sells tickets by the bucketload. I wonder if Billy Bragg’s ticket sales are so brisk...

A great night.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn’t Funny Any More / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On It’s Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack the Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm
My honest and open heart from Carlislebaz at Leeds . Is the normal f***ing shit.... same old shit list I’m afraid , the only decent song was call me morbid call me pale. I’ve spent ..... sorry folks ,even I have had enough.... same old gloom.... bullshit morrissey....f***ing Paris .... yet again.... I’m so disappointed tonight people, moz haters, lovers , but Paris has just pissed me off tonight.... bad review.. by me to be honest it could have been sooo much better, but it wasn’t...... 2 out of ten moz , you sucked tonight

Throw in an encore of Spring Heel Jim and Now My Heart Is Full and Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself and Nobody Loves us, and Boxers, finishing with The Headmaster Ritual. That would be ace. Moz needs to lengthen the concerts and do a decent encore. 25 minutes extra would make all the difference.
I think it’s the only Morrissey set list I’ve seen that’s shouting for the play order to be exactly reversed.

When has Moz ever said he was gay?

Makebelieve and reality are two different things.

Most gays are like you - so obviously on permanent heat. Moz has never given me that impression.

Moz clearly showing off his "engagement ring" - this doesn't give you a gay-ish impression??

Morrissey's lyrics can be 'about' whatever you choose them to be. He also sang about 'getting his hands on mammary glands', but I would never use that in an argument to say he's straight.
Not that this is gonna change anyone's opinion but males have mammary glands too, you know. As for mutual swallowing and boys in the bush though...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom