Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Is there not a very long thread dedicated to this, seemingly endless topic guys.

Yeah, I was working on a Moz related play years ago & I'm sure I saw a ton of stuff about his sexuality & something unlikely about him paying half of Manchester so They Would Not Tell.

I think pretty much everyone thinks he's gay or mostly gay. As far as I know. IRL.

Not that it matters to anyone who isn't dating him.

No, idiot. That's not what 'asexuality' means. How can you come around here and try to pontificate when you never have any idea what the f*** you're actually talking about? An asexual is someone who is devoid of sexual interest. They literally do not feel the same passion inside. It's not a choice, it's an orientation. You're thinking of celibacy, which is completely different.

Here's what the dictionary says:

asexual

without sexual feelings or associations.
"asexual individuals may still experience attraction but this attraction doesn't need to be realized in any sexual manner"

Read any article about asexuals and they always say they fancy others and feel passion, but simply do not want to practice with another person.

Yeah, I was working on a Moz related play years ago & I'm sure I saw a ton of stuff about his sexuality & something unlikely about him paying half of Manchester so They Would Not Tell.

I think pretty much everyone thinks he's gay or mostly gay. As far as I know. IRL.

Not that it matters to anyone who isn't dating him.
Most people think he's a far-right racist too. He isn't.

Caught me out? I was merely happy for Morrissey that he's probably celebrating a great night in Leeds with a hot piece of male ass back at his hotel room. I just want to see the boy happy.
You certainly weren't happy. In fact you were trying to throw a wet towel over the whole thing by openly fantasizing about underage boys when everyone else was glad for Morrissey's homecoming triumph. I find that a bit sick.

Ask your doctor for some libido blockers. It'll lessen the chances of you lurking around the bushes at school hometime.

Asexual doesn't mean not fancying anyone. That's a common misconception. It simply means you choose not to practice with another person. You can still feel the same passion inside. This is where I think some of his lyrics come from - this tension (especially Smiths lyrics). The tension of being a private person and a dreamer - who sometimes wants to step out of his skin and finally LIVE. But you keep waking up and nothing has changed. And maybe it's better that way.

An incel on the other hand desperately wants to practice with another person, no ifs no buts, but can't because of rejection (or fear of rejection).

Tbh, I think he's more incel than ace.

Really poor setlist for me, really didn’t need to play so much stuff from the past 3 albums

Here's what the dictionary says:

asexual

without sexual feelings or associations.
"asexual individuals may still experience attraction but this attraction doesn't need to be realized in any sexual manner"

Read any article about asexuals and they always say they fancy others and feel passion, but simply do not want to practice with another person.
Yes, but you implied that they choose not to. It's not a choice. They don't feel sexual urges. I was good friends with an asexual girl many years ago, I even went to her wedding. She married an asexual man that she met online. They had a sweet, loving relationship but it never manifested in sex. It wasn't a switch she could flip. It just was. Strange to most of us, but normal to them.

An asexual is someone who is devoid of sexual interest. They literally do not feel the same passion inside. It's not a choice, it's an orientation. You're thinking of celibacy, which is completely different.
Asexuality only means that they don't experience sexual attraction to others. They can have sexual interests. Some asexuals (autochorissexual is the term, I believe) have libidos and fantasies. There can be some repression and sexual conflict there.

Anyway, my problem with calling Moz gay isn't because of my political stance. The reason I have a problem with people like you saying Morrissey is gay is because he's obviously gone great lengths to avoid that label. Why not respect that? It's really none of our business who he sleeps with anyway.

That was me. I bought it and then left before the show started because I couldn't wait to see how it sounded with Morrissey's signature on it.. I'm not gonna lie.. it's way way better.
If you tipex over his name it'll sound real post-punk.

Tbh, I think he's more incel than ace.
There's elements of that in there definitely. Even in this age of woke 'multiple sexualities' it's interesting how so many people still think: you're either a practicing gay or straight and that's it.

Thanks. Though would be better to see some photos while the show is actually in progress.

Actually I don’t know why people are so interested in how many people come or don’t.

If Morrissey decides to play, and a handful of fans enjoy it, then it’s a success. It’s a success that Morrissey bothers to tour at all.
Exactly. The smaller the venue the better. All the politically-correct-waiting to be outraged mandroids can go see Bone Jovi instead.

Yes, but you implied that they choose not to. It's not a choice. They don't feel sexual urges. I was good friends with an asexual girl many years ago, I even went to her wedding. She married an asexual man that she met online. They had a sweet, loving relationship but it never manifested in sex. It wasn't a switch she could flip. It just was. Strange to most of us, but normal to them.
Maybe that's another definition of asexuality. But many asexuals fall under the definition I'm talking about where you do feel passion but choose not to express it with another person. Celibacy is different. Priests and monks for example take vows of celibacy for different reasons to an asexual person of my definition.

They don't take vows to be asexual.

But yes, asexuals are technically celibates.

Maybe that's another definition of asexuality. But many asexuals fall under the definition I'm talking about where you do feel passion but choose not to express it with another person. Celibacy is different. Priests and monks for example take vows of celibacy for different reasons to an asexual person of my definition.

They don't take vows to be asexual.

But yes, asexuals are technically celibates.
No, it's not "another definition." It's the defintion. An asexual is not choosing, he or she simply is.

Take it from the man himself:

"They don't consider for a moment that you'd rather not be, but you just are. I don't sob about, but it wasn't easy. And it's over now."

No, it's not "another definition." It's the defintion. An asexual is not choosing, he or she simply is.

I've already pasted up the dictionary definition.

But I'm almost certain there are in fact two types of asexual. I wish I could remember a great article I read about it all recently. One feels romance and sexual feelings, one feels completely devoid of these - and the second instance is the rarer type.

Most asexuals feel sexual feelings but simply choose not to practice with others for their own reasons (that perhaps even they don't quite know). This is Morrissey - it fits so many of his lyrics. Go off and research asexuality if you don't believe me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom