Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
My initial reaction to the setlist would be that it is''tu aimed at the occasional fan, many deep cuts (including the covers) and very few of his best known songs. It all makes sense somehow as the casuals have probably found other acts that are more likeable (in social media terms). I think the setlist was rewarding overall for those in attendance: half à person, at Amber, changed my plea, some new ones.

Lets see if he takes this setlist to Cologne, Paris and London.

Set list was shocking.
Terrible ending, walked off, music came on for five minutes as if he was gonna come back on. Next minute house lights went up.
Atmosphere was well below zero.

No coming back from this now. It’s over.
Post more tomorrow

?? :knife:

The top tier was supposedly entirely blocked off & now most of it isn't. Which means they were adding sales.

Ok - so the top tier is further back & grimmer than death - but he's still done well considering he's been demonized.

It's a win for Moz.
Not correct. My ticket got swapped and we were moved down. Many people were. Stewart Lady said they covered up more seats than planned. Far from sold out but great atmosphere nonetheless. Great show.

Great show, with Morrissey on top form. Only fluffed it slightly at the start of “world peace”.We were at the back of the standing area near the sound desk and it was packed.
Great setlist, despite not the obvious choices, a great night out!!!

My feelings on the matter are irrelevant. I live in reality. As much shit as I give @Ketamine Sun for being a sycophant, at least Ket understands who they're worshipping.

Knowing Moz, he'll now start chasing the ladies, get married & have 4 kids.

He will not confined by other people's expectations! ?

My immediate observations-

Three new songs played- Jim Jim Falls (electronic and catchy, but with pretty unimaginative “please commit suicide” lyrics) and Once I Saw the River Clean (lyrics much more intriguing, references to a road in Manchester and an Irish grandmother).

Only other new song from Dog was Love Is On It’s Way Out, preceded by a predicable rant against UK radio for ignoring it- interesting though that it implies that it (rather than Bobby or Knockabout) was intended as the big radio single.

Back to the gig- standing area was full and lively most of the time, though the seating areas behind seemed pretty dead. Morrissey’s voice is better than ever, and the band are on the whole very tight and powerful. Was great to hear new songs, along with some old classics and surprises- Boy With The Thorn, At Amber, That Joke Isn’t Funny, Home Is a ?, Chain Gang, Jack the Ripper (they sure love that dry ice), Changed my Plea and Half a person were all highlights.

Morrissey seemed in good humour, and other than the odd reference to ‘free speech’ and bad reviews avoided saying anything too inflammatory. As has been mentioned the setlist does definetly lull in the middle and could do with a few more uptempo songs (Knockabout World?), but on the whole the night can be considered a success.

Welcome to Morrissey-Solo in the year 2020 where some of Morrissey's most vocal "fans" think homosexuality is an abomination and like to pretend that their hero isn't as queer as they come.
Even if Moz was gay, he's got dignity in not shouting about it or having anything to do with the disgusting borderline-paedo LGBT propaganda movement.

You, however, have zero dignity or decency.

What is the obsession with Munich?
It's a typical plodding, third rate, mediocre Morrissey/Whyte song like so many from 1995 to 2010. It's bad enough that it was even released as a B-side all those years ago.

You’re not a fan!

Set list was shocking.
Terrible ending, walked off, music came on for five minutes as if he was gonna come back on. Next minute house lights went up.
Atmosphere was well below zero.

No coming back from this now. It’s over.
Post more tomorrow

?? :knife:

He played 24 songs you nonce.

I love that.

Some beautiful lines in there & a nod to his Dublin roots.

Walking with his grandmother and him spending 45 pence to buy Metal Guru? Could be hearing that wrong.

Am i the only person on here who enjoyed “lady willpower”?
A great set but more tunes as upbeat as this wouldn’t have gone amiss...

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn’t Funny Any More / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On It’s Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack the Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

There was no seasick yet still docked that i recall. There was a long piano intro bit it sounded more "face in your lap" than seasick to me.

My immediate observations-

Three new songs played- Jim Jim Falls (electronic and catchy, but with pretty unimaginative “please commit suicide” lyrics) and Once I Saw the River Clean (lyrics much more intriguing, references to a road in Manchester and an Irish grandmother).

Only other new song from Dog was Love Is On It’s Way Out, preceded by a predicable rant against UK radio for ignoring it- interesting though that it implies that it (rather than Bobby or Knockabout) was intended as the big radio single.

Back to the gig- standing area was full and lively most of the time, though the seating areas behind seemed pretty dead. Morrissey’s voice is better than ever, and the band are on the whole very tight and powerful. Was great to hear new songs, along with some old classics and surprises- Boy With The Thorn, At Amber, That Joke Isn’t Funny, Home Is a ?, Chain Gang, Jack the Ripper (they sure love that dry ice), Changed my Plea and Half a person were all highlights.

Morrissey seemed in good humour, and other than the odd reference to ‘free speech’ and bad reviews avoided saying anything too inflammatory. As has been mentioned the setlist does definetly lull in the middle and could do with a few more uptempo songs (Knockabout World?), but on the whole the night can be considered a success.

He has been going on about freedom of speech for most of his career. I think it predates any of the modern arguments & goes back to the time when Irish Republicans had to be dubbed by actors in news reports because the UK government banned their voices from being broadcast. Not that the 80s are THAT long ago, but it's a very, very long time in politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom