Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Wrong. My mate who works in the box office for the Arena said that tickets for all tiers were available. Moz sold 75% of tickets for the total capacity of the venue.
My mate said tickets went on sale surprising close to the date of the concert. Other artists put tickets on sale with a lot more time until the gig takes place.
A comparison- the Manics put their tickets on sale well before their gig at the Arena. They massively undersold still. All tiers at their gig were covered with black curtains. The standing area was only half full.
My mate said ticket sales for Moz were excellent. He sold out 75% of the arena’s total capacity. Sorry to all the Guardianistas, Dave Haslam, Billy Bragg fans and members of the Twitterati who wanted this gig to be a disaster/not go ahead. Moz sold tickets by the bucketload AND turned in a brilliant performance.

Reading bullshit like this is beyond silly. My mate - who works in the box office - said. Ugh!

Anyone - fan or not - only had to look at Ticketmaster to unearth this lie the entite top tier and side tier were blocked off from ticket sales.
Anyone - fan or not - only had to look at the photos from the gig showing the entire top tier and the side tiers closed off and still plenty of seat vacated and room in standing.
Anyone - fan or not - will have read comments from people here who were moved (they were not complaining just stating a fact) into other sections in order to make it look busier to the front of the stage.

Wrong. My mate who works in the box office for the Arena said that tickets for all tiers were available. Moz sold 75% of tickets for the total capacity of the venue.
My mate said tickets went on sale surprising close to the date of the concert. Other artists put tickets on sale with a lot more time until the gig takes place.
A comparison- the Manics put their tickets on sale well before their gig at the Arena. They massively undersold still. All tiers at their gig were covered with black curtains. The standing area was only half full.
My mate said ticket sales for Moz were excellent. He sold out 75% of the arena’s total capacity. Sorry to all the Guardianistas, Dave Haslam, Billy Bragg fans and members of the Twitterati who wanted this gig to be a disaster/not go ahead. Moz sold tickets by the bucketload AND turned in a brilliant performance.
Half the standing area available and less than half of seating available does not equate to 75% doh. Maybe your mate needs to do GCSE maths. Don’t change the truth or sugarcoat reality. You can tell yourself all you like. I was there, it was 60% full at best. And that is the god honest truth.

Most people plan years in advance & book & announce 6 months before, or 3 months at a push. With Moz it was snap & done on the back of terrible personal publicity & next to none for the gigs.

He's done amazingly.
No. He's done very poorly using the same methodology. Arse.

lol @ the people trying to play down the ticket sales.

We know how thin-skinned Morrissey is. He cancels shows at the drop of a hat.

Do you think he'd have gone on stage last night if sales were anywhere near as bad as the haters made out?

The show was a great success. The fans loved it. Morrissey loved it.
I think that yes, he would. Not least because he has a new album to sell and a couple of UK shows to air the new songs is the very minimum of what's required to do so.

Also I like to think there's something defiant, contrary and typically Moz about going ahead when people least expect him to.

Usual dimwits on here.
My views

Crowd - more there than I thought.
Moz - voice superb and he really seemed to enjoy it.
Set - 1 hour 40 minutes - longest Moz show I can recall.
Songs - new ones sounded good. That Joke - Half a Person - Jack - Guilty briliiant. World peace and You'll be gone not my favourites but I thought decent mix.
Venue - good for an arena.
Crowd - young and old there.

Nice touch of Moz to give that bloke (Douglas??) a vinyl of Dog on a Chain.

haters gonna hate but there you go #truetoyou

LOL - your mates a liar then, see the top bit completely closed off, that's to top tier.

CEB65D63-3A7C-4741-95A9-890C30A85426.jpeg

Half the standing area available and less than half of seating available does not equate to 75% doh. Maybe your mate needs to do GCSE maths. Don’t change the truth or sugarcoat reality. You can tell yourself all you like. I was there, it was 60% full at best. And that is the god honest truth.
I think this is an example of what you call ‘gaslighting’, a tactic popular with those who exhibit Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Theres the truth (ask anyone at the gig) then this garbage spread by ‘Anonymous’ contributors. I wonder if this is Hasbeen Haslem posting...

I think this is an example of what you call ‘gaslighting’, a tactic popular with those who exhibit Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Theres the truth (ask anyone at the gig) then this garbage spread by ‘Anonymous’ contributors. I wonder if this is Hasbeen Haslem posting...

I think this is an example of what you call ‘gaslighting’, a tactic popular with those who exhibit Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Theres the truth (ask anyone at the gig) then this garbage spread by ‘Registered’ contributors who joined the forum yesterday. Moron.

As the venue fills up. Post the pic when the venue has just opened with a smattering of fans front row. Troll fool.

I'm simply pointing out that you and your mate are liars. Irrelevant of the time of the photo, the top tier and part of the 2nd tier at either end were not available for sale. Im not trolling just stating a fact.

Was seated directly opposite the stage on one of the first row. Thought this was a fantastic gig! Haven't seen him before and just thought this was really great. His voice was absolutely superb. He seemed energetic, happy to be there and witty. Dont really understand the hate!

Someone avoided school, didn’t they?
yes because I was banging the maths teacher in her car,thats why I avoided school but I always got an A in maths.

Stephen Hofmann said: Go away and catch aids or something.

The rank homophobia in this forum is beyond disturbing. In this thread Pippistrella and Hofmann (since deleted some of his posts) have, once again, gone considerably out of their way to attack gay men: they should be dead, they're filth, they're paedophiles. These comments went largely unchallenged - surprising given that some - Nerak for example - pretend to "love the gay agenda" but she made not a peep as hateful comment after hateful comment filled this thread. Some others did pipe up and for that I say thank you.

As the site has had a recent cosmetic overhaul I think maybe it's time to overhaul the user agreement. Nobody, whether registered or otherwise, should be in a positon where they can consistently peddle hatred. Maybe a 3 strikes and out policy? I'm no longer shocked or disgusted by the comments of Hofmann or Pippistrella I'm just grow more and more disappointed in Solo that it actively colludes with them. This isn't the first time this issue has been raised about these users reagrding racist and homophobic content. I doubt it'll be the last.

Great gig, fantastic setlist. Moz was in great droll form. Up there as one of my personal favourites.

Whilst a bunch of you wasted your Friday night on here arguing over how many weren't there those that actually went were having a great time including the man himself. Not sure what else matters.

A pic taken as the venue fills up. Post the pic when the venue has just opened with a smattering of fans front row. Use that as proof lol. Troll fool.
Welcome to the forum. Alrhough new here - less than 24 hours - it seems you'll fit in rather nicely.
In a day or so you'll receive your "I tell whoppers" badge by post.

Anyone arguing that the top tier and side tiers were available at this gig is not doing anyone any favours: particularly when Ticketmaster and photos of the venue from those in attendance as the gig was taking place, confirm.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom