Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 20, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / What She Said / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Scandinavia / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist (not in exact order) provided by Irregular Regular.

• Photo by fralph1976 / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester. Full set by Frank Ralph (27 photos) - Flickr. Link posted by an anonymous person.

leeds.jpg
  • TTY: Morrissey audience in Leeds, March 20th - Mar. 23, 2015
  • Review by Gary Ryan - NME
  • Review by Ryan Bell (9 / 10 stars) - Fortitude Magazine

Last edited:
faye ‏@faye_blenkin · 12m12 minutes ago
Morrissey was incred ☝ @Brandonnh14

CAkvXE0WsAAW_et.jpg

Once again doc...great pics! Standing adds so much to the energy of a show. I can't believe how many young people are in attendance. You really bring the look and feel of these concerts to life. Much appreciated.

Int'l Playboy ‏@Intl_Playboy 2m2 minutes ago
@Intl_Playboy: "The World is Full of Crashing Bores" sounded spectacular. What a nice addition to the set. #Morrissey #Leeds

:rofl:

hmmh, this makes me think somebody comes here occasionally. :D

The Queen Is Dead
Suedehead
Staircase
World Peace
Kiss Me
Istanbul
Cassady
Paris
Irish Blood
What She Said
Stop Me
Scandinavia
Crashing Bores
One Of Our Own
Trouble
Sunday
Kick The Bride
Bullfighter
MiM
// First Of The Gang To Die

Not all in this exact order.

10th time seeing him and he was fantastic. You have to like WPINOYB to appreciate this set, but all the same excellent. If I was being critical, I think he could mix the new songs around a bit (too many consequtively) but hearing QID and Suedehead was good enough. Also, please take FOTG back go the original arrangement. This one is too mid tempo and it really shouldn't be!

15 seconds of World Peace:

https://instagram.com/p/0d-_ADL2UR/

modestlaura
14 minutes ago

WHAT A NIGHT! Morrissey was absolutely incredible. I had my hair pulled and was in a headlock and couldn't breathe for what felt like forever but i fought for some of Morrissey's shirt and i'm so so happy! #morrissey #morrisseytour2015 #leeds

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think Nottingham was great last week, but tonight was definitely better still, everything just seemed to be a little bit better. Even though I have seen FOTGTD about 20 times live, it was still quite a welcome encore and got the place bouncing. Staircase, Queen Is Dead, Sunday, Istanbul, Stop Me and Suedehead were wonderful.

Leeds is always a great night loved this gig.

Who's the girl who just bought 3 chickens? is she here?

Last edited:
Wow, ninety minutes after the show ended and still nothing from Bummie or Benny? Is this a record? I guess they must both be on their way home from Leeds where they will no doubt tell us that the venue was half-empty, that Morrissey was loudly booed from the start, that his career his over, that the audience was walking out from the second song onwards, that "everyone" thinks he's "a rather amusing prat" - and of course the comments and photos above demonstrate how absolutely, comprehensively correct they are (as always).

Did he say anything hilarious?

Neil Wood ‏@NeilWood70 · 8m8 minutes ago
He came on and said 'the pleasure, the privilege, is MINE!' and later said 'it's nice to back on the Leeds side streets'. #morrissey #leeds

Great gig, not been to see him for 4 years so it was nice to see him looking really well and singing brilliantly. He seemed in great spirits and interacted well with the crowd, he mentioned he'd been driving around Harrogate and saw youngesters with dead cats in their hair or something, made me laugh anyway.

Also managed to grab his shirt but the stand off was immense, I let it go after a few seconds, I'm sure I could smell his aftershave on my hands though. So not all bad.

Trouble Loves Me, Stop Me and Crashing Bores were highlights.

He's still the Mozfather. I'll always love him

Last edited:
Wish we'd have got Crashing Bores in Cardiff - great song and one my favourites from that period. But it was a great night anyway so I can't complain and glad that folk in Leeds had as much fun too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom