Leak 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' here

It’s taking a lot of willpower not to download it. But I just feel like I want to be surprised on Tuesday morning 7/15 when it shows up in my iTunes via the preorder (and hopefully that day in my mailbox on vinyl too!)

right there with you. I really want to D/L it and listen now. What I have heard so far from the official releases has been so great. But it will ruin the feeling when the record arrives on the 15th and the needle drops for the first time.

on ig: Sneak peek of the #morrissey CD. #worldpeaceisnoneofyourbusinessart http://iconosquare.com/p/756026380504537394_25804869
915586_875893479106643_360643182_n.jpg

Is the cover different to the crap we've been seeing?!?!

4% and go on!

anyway I will buy the album in physical format just to add to my collection!

listen! this album will be #1 in the UK, US and Sweeden

From the sounds of it I am the only one who isn't downloading it. I've been reading the comments and I'm very happy you all have such positive things to say about it. I'm not sure how long I will last but i really want to walk into my local record store which has moved a few times but still actually exists and get a real copy for my first time listen, because let's face it there may not be many chances left to do this for a Morrissey record, but here's hoping there is!

From the sounds of it I am the only one who isn't downloading it. I've been reading the comments and I'm very happy you all have such positive things to say about it. I'm not sure how long I will last but i really want to walk into my local record store which has moved a few times but still actually exists and get a real copy for my first time listen, because let's face it there may not be many chances left to do this for a Morrissey record, but here's hoping there is!

That’s the spirit! I just couldn’t wait, for better or worse. As I’ve said on here numerous times (I sound like a broken record!) I preodered the iTunes deluxe and then ended up doing one of the vinyl bundles too, which comes with a deluxe DL. Hoping that my vinyl shows up on the 15th, because I’m definitely looking forward to sitting and listening to the actual record. Hoping the lyrics are included with the insert.

friggin Masterpiece ~ unbelievable

Masterpiece is the word that came to my mind too. It's so striking and there's so much to take in, I can't sort out favorites or highlights or anything just yet -- it's all just SO GOOD. In a very general sense I'd commit to saying that I agree with those who have commented that everything on the LP tops the released singles, but once again, the whole thing is absolutely glorious.

Moz has been a long time gone, IMO, but he is definitely back with all cylinders firing. Morrissey and the band deserve a hearty congratulations.

For those who want a physical copy I will be selling them at the Compton Swap Meet this Sunday.

- Rayray

Just started listening. Just wondering, when comparing how it rates to past albums, etc., will this LP ultimately be judged on the 12 songs or the 18 with the bonus songs? Not sure if those should be thought of as part of the album or more like b-sides.

Just started listening. Just wondering, when comparing how it rates to past albums, etc., will this LP ultimately be judged on the 12 songs or the 18 with the bonus songs? Not sure if those should be thought of as part of the album or more like b-sides.

I wonder this too. I’m a person who usually likes to digest albums as an album. So the bonus tracks will get play from time to time but for the most part I just listen to the album proper. An example of this is the deluxe version of YOTQ. I love the B-sides but when I listen to it I usually just listen to the first 12 tracks.

in the case of WPINOYB too, Oboe concerto is such a great closing track it will get lost in the shuffle if it’s not listened to as the last track, I think.

The key to Morrissey's 25 plus years successful solo career was due mainly to the marriage of his lyrics with Alain Whyte's music. Alain's stage presence was also the perfect foil for Moz. With all due respect, Boz has run out of ideas and Jesse's songs are not up to scratch.

I get your point about You Are the Quarry but at least those were already released previously as true b-sides and then later added to a deluxe CD. This one is slightly different but I'd guess the first 12 are really meant to be the actual album.

I wonder this too. I’m a person who usually likes to digest albums as an album. So the bonus tracks will get play from time to time but for the most part I just listen to the album proper. An example of this is the deluxe version of YOTQ. I love the B-sides but when I listen to it I usually just listen to the first 12 tracks.

in the case of WPINOYB too, Oboe concerto is such a great closing track it will get lost in the shuffle if it’s not listened to as the last track, I think.

Should we perhaps set up a support group marred? Let's call it Raised To Wait ;)

I downloaded it last night, and have it on a little USB, reclining gracefully. 80 minutes of all-new Moz :eek:
But I still want to wait and listen to it via official channels. I've lost track of the number of versions I've ordered ~ super uber deluxe fannyfied boxes upon boxes upon bundles. Plus a CD/LP from my local independent neighbourhood dealer, who usually slips me my fix 5 days upfront. So I shall have it soon enough. Delayed pleasure is my middle name (Catholic parents...)

Tingling at all the words of mouths, but trying not to recall that when Refusal leaked 2 months early there were similar splutterings of joy. Illicit listens can oftentimes queer the ear...

I f***ing need it though :straightface:

I noticed that Forgive Someone has a lyric saying "still ill" in it. Interesting as I don't recall many if any solo lyrics that directly repeat a Smiths lyric like that. Of course, I may just not be thinking clearly of many previous examples?

Back
Top Bottom